R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
The only thing that i'd like to see is the International finals hosted somewhere more densely populated than Alvarado, TX. I know it's a cost issue, but that could be offset with event sponsorships.
Thus the problem with a more populated area. Double or even triple the cost of Alvarado. If you can find the sponsor dollars I'll move it but even when we did the big arena in Illinois there was not enough sponsor dollars to support the cost thus I lost $30,000 doing it. Once is enough on taking those kind of chances. Even in Alvarado it cost $22 - 25,000 to do the event and last year I finally broke even on it.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
It's funny I usually am really easy going, but something is amiss about these big races, but like you said, We are lucky to have such organized racing. I just enjoy club racing and local series racing more than the serious series of races. There is a trend towards serious series and that's seriously serious....Hehe

Well... not everyone who does the big events is serious. I do it just for fun. It is more about racing with more folks (and different ones) that I would never otherwise see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
I dont think that anyone is to "blame." I honestly think that the increase in attendance is a sign of a healthy industry... especially with the US coming out of a recession. It's also a breath of fresh air to see large organized races that are separate from the tyrannic rule making of ROAR and FAMAR (whole other discussions entirely!).

The only thing that i'd like to see is the International finals hosted somewhere more densely populated than Alvarado, TX. I know it's a cost issue, but that could be offset with event sponsorships.

I should also add that I'm on the waiting list for San Antonio, even as a series sponsor. Sure I'll be bummed if I dont get to race, but I understand that there is a cap and why. Others beat me to registration. So be it. I'll be there anyways! Again, this a sign of a healthy industry.
Well... Alvarado is ALMOST a suburb of Fort Worth... (10 miles outside the city limit maybe?) so how populated do you want? Do you have a suggested location that might approach the cost of that one, that is big enough to host an event that large, and covered?
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Pro 1 View Post
Joe it takes time to build that class and each divisions pro class will be larger this year. It actually works in every division but there has to be a qualification process for who runs in that class or it will be a free for all of people signing up.

I'll be in Rome in June.
very good.. yea after last year with only 2 light heats i was considering not running the series this year, but if you say it'll be mo betta then im in.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to RC Pro Aus

Quote:
I do like series races. I'm leading in the points at our Houston Area Race series.
So lets recap you are saying is that series races destroy club racing but in the quote above you are saying that you do like series races and are winning one of the series!!!! You are all over the place!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Not really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Pro Aus View Post
So lets recap you are saying is that series races destroy club racing but in the quote above you are saying that you do like series races and are winning one of the series!!!! You are all over the place!!!!
The series races that have been the most fun are between two or three tracks within say 40-50 miles. Within an hour apart and it's fun to add points up and be consistent throughout the year or months. I've been in several over the years and it's nice to have something different, but the RC pro is a different animal. Texas is a big State and the pro series in my opinion is getting out of hand. It's the big across the state series that causes the problem, not local series racing. Why do you try to discredit me? I'm an experienced racer that has witnessed many transitions in different classes over the years and I speak from experience about these potential and real problems with racing. If I can at least get people to think about it then change can happen. In the early 90's electric 1/10 scale buggy racing started getting serious and having big races and battery wars and everyone thought they were Pro's and it turned off the newer racers and the class died soon after that. I just want to see he class of 1/8th scale thrive without the BS associated with bigger races and everyone getting sponsored and moving around the state to all these races and leaving everyone else with smaller turnouts that lead to tracks going out of business....We were doing alot better before the state series and pro series came along....We had local series that were way more fun than these races that are going on.....Peace.....
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to dlovett2361 Send a message via Skype™ to dlovett2361

Quote:
The series races that have been the most fun are between two or three tracks within say 40-50 miles. Within an hour apart and it's fun to add points up and be consistent throughout the year or months. I've been in several over the years and it's nice to have something different, but the RC pro is a different animal. Texas is a big State and the pro series in my opinion is getting out of hand. It's the big across the state series that causes the problem, not local series racing. Why do you try to discredit me? I'm an experienced racer that has witnessed many transitions in different classes over the years and I speak from experience about these potential and real problems with racing. If I can at least get people to think about it then change can happen. In the early 90's electric 1/10 scale buggy racing started getting serious and having big races and battery wars and everyone thought they were Pro's and it turned off the newer racers and the class died soon after that. I just want to see he class of 1/8th scale thrive without the BS associated with bigger races and everyone getting sponsored and moving around the state to all these races and leaving everyone else with smaller turnouts that lead to tracks going out of business....We were doing alot better before the state series and pro series came along....We had local series that were way more fun than these races that are going on.....Peace.....
Wow is all I have to say.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #37
Tech Master

I have to say that i enjoy the series, and i understand the cap. i don't like racing at 5am.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Everyone has their own opinion. I'm just trying to understand what you base yours on since you have never ran at an RC Pro event. How can you say it's too serious or make any judgment without experiencing it? I know you have signed up but as of yet have never shown up according to our entry data.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #39
Tech Addict

I am curious why no Eastern Division races in Florida this year, thought I would ask since you are on here.
Team Byrons Racing Fuels
pntmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
I am curious why no Eastern Division races in Florida this year, thought I would ask since you are on here.
For the last 2 years we have only used 3 of the 4 states in the division leaving North Carolina out. We just thought it was time to give the racers up that way something in their state. since they were the farthest North in the division it only made sense to skip the farthest state South this year. Next year it may be SC or Georgia. Just want to try and rotate things around. We have the same problem in most of our division. We could shrink the divisions even more but that adds way too many races and makes for lower turnouts so we are trying to hit a good balance.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Everyone has their own opinion. I'm just trying to understand what you base yours on since you have never ran at an RC Pro event. How can you say it's too serious or make any judgment without experiencing it? I know you have signed up but as of yet have never shown up according to our entry data.
I went to Dallas once about 5 years ago, and San Antonio, I love that track, and the people. And when I lived in Austin I made a few of the races, but mostly it's been far and few between for a reason.....I might have signed up as Mad Dog, or your record aren't that good. Who knows, but I can understand why you guys would be defensive about your series races, It's really not your fault, these things happen in racing and it's not anyones fault really. I'm sorry If I upset yall.....
Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
For the last 2 years we have only used 3 of the 4 states in the division leaving North Carolina out. We just thought it was time to give the racers up that way something in their state. since they were the farthest North in the division it only made sense to skip the farthest state South this year. Next year it may be SC or Georgia. Just want to try and rotate things around. We have the same problem in most of our division. We could shrink the divisions even more but that adds way too many races and makes for lower turnouts so we are trying to hit a good balance.
would like to see il run a state series next year. last years idea didnt work. maybe three races, 1 throw out and a final. also the midwest pro series needs to be looked at. most dont want to go to three day events right now with the way money is so tight and entries are down. love what you've done for us carlton and hope to see you at lh this year.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to dlovett2361 Send a message via Skype™ to dlovett2361

Allan that would be the format again. Hopefully Larry will be interested and if not I will be looking for a new rep for the state.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Default I love Rc pro

And I will support RC Pro no matter what!
sonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #45
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to GURYLEBRON
Default Yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyb View Post
And I will support RC Pro no matter what!

Thats right RCPRO came to stay. Best series ever.

RC PRO PRODUCTS/ALPHA PLUS,SWEEP TIRES, COROZO RC FUEL, DROOPY HOBBY SHOP
GURYLEBRON is offline   Reply With Quote