Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.21 Engine Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default .21 Engine Help

Hello all. I am new to this site as it was recommened by a user on another RC forum I have belonged to for a while now.I was told to check here for answers as not to many people like the truck I purchased. As of Now I own a Exceed Madwarrior with a .21 engine in it. Its too keep my itch undercontrol till next year when I can afford my Losi. Now as a long time RCer I always by spare parts and now I am having trouble locating them for the engine. After my break in I alway replace the engine bearings and if it shows signs of slipping the oneway bearing as well. The trouble is I can not find anywhere after a solid week of looking who makes this engine and where i can buy the parts. I called several major retailers and they talk to me like im stupid. So I guess this is my last chance to see if anyone can tell me What brand it is, who makes it and if parts are avalable. Its drving me nuts. Im 2 tanks away from break in so ima need to get these soon. Thansk for any help.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ADT1976
Hello all. I am new to this site as it was recommened by a user on another RC forum I have belonged to for a while now.I was told to check here for answers as not to many people like the truck I purchased. As of Now I own a Exceed Madwarrior with a .21 engine in it. Its too keep my itch undercontrol till next year when I can afford my Losi. Now as a long time RCer I always by spare parts and now I am having trouble locating them for the engine. After my break in I alway replace the engine bearings and if it shows signs of slipping the oneway bearing as well. The trouble is I can not find anywhere after a solid week of looking who makes this engine and where i can buy the parts. I called several major retailers and they talk to me like im stupid. So I guess this is my last chance to see if anyone can tell me What brand it is, who makes it and if parts are avalable. Its drving me nuts. Im 2 tanks away from break in so ima need to get these soon. Thansk for any help.
please do not take offense ....

you may just be oout of luck and have to stick with it ...and not your normal ritual of replacing parts ..this kinda thing often happens with offbrand cars ..parts hard to find ...if they exist at all ..no one knows anything about it because no one runs one ..type of think ..best bet is to search google or ebay maybe ..like i say not trying to offend ..just being honest with you
Old 04-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1419739...7_2097_3090152

is this the engine you have? if it is ...its a gotech 3 port.....you will notice the go engine logo on the side ..also if you are looking at the parts list online ..the pullstarter has the GO logo in big red and white on it ....so anything that fits a standard blue head go tech 3 port would work ..only problem is im not finding that motor available anywhere ....it could just be a problem now either way ....i searched all over for the original blue head gotech 3 port and no where to be found ....one person you could search out here on these threads or in the members is massivemods ...he is the austrailian rep for gotech and is very knowledgable on these motors ..he might be able to give you the info you need
Old 04-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks so much. And Yes thats the one. When i bought the truck I realized what I was getting into but didnt realize it was going to be this bad. Like I said its jsut s teaser to keep me occupied the rest of the summer as my Old Jammin bit the dust. Next yeat Im going Losi so I can get back into comp racing but for now this will have to do. As Far as GOTECH engines They seem to be pretty popular overseas but as for here they are obsolete. Its a surprisingly good running lil thing but I just wanna make sure it stays that way. Thanks so much for your help. I am trying to find links for anything to keep this running without buying a new mill all together.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

A-Main <-- This is what A-Main has for the Go Tech engines.. I didn't see a one way bearing, but they do have bearings.. Might be time to get a Bump box.. Much easier to use, and no more worrying about slipping one way either..
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Rookie

I have thought about that as well. But not totally sure what Iwould need to set that truck up to work withone...Like I said its nto a very popular model so trying to find info on it other then sellers stuff is is like pulling teeth with rusty pliers. Thanks again for you alls help.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok I actually found the website on the engine Im looking for but no where for parts but over seas....I think Im pretty much doomed to buy a new mill.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

I have thought about that as well. But not totally sure what Iwould need to set that truck up to work withone...Like I said its nto a very popular model so trying to find info on it other then sellers stuff is is like pulling teeth with rusty pliers. Thanks again for you alls help.
Assuiming there is a slot in the chassis for the flywheel any starter box should be able to be adapted to it.. Then you will have a box ready to go when you get your next RC..
Old 04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Ok I actually found the website on the engine Im looking for but no where for parts but over seas....I think Im pretty much doomed to buy a new mill.
Did you chek out a-main?? Also what engine parts are you looking for.. Alot of parts will interchange from 3 port on up.. only things they change are the sleeves.. If you are just after bearings then you should be able to find the sizes and order from any # of bearing sites.. Boca, TKO, AnswerRC USA, to name a few..
Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

I was looking for engine bearings and theone way bearings. Ill need to dig deeper to find those as Im not sure what will fit...definatly looking into a starter box when i get a few extra bucks.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

I was looking for engine bearings and theone way bearings. Ill need to dig deeper to find those as Im not sure what will fit...definatly looking into a starter box when i get a few extra bucks.
I'm sue the front is a 7x19 they all are.. the rear is what you need to figure out.. Remove the crank and measure the diameter where it rides on the bearing.. That will narrow it down.. But i bet all Go Tech engines use the same sized bearing.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

One Way Bearing: Get a starter box and you wouldn't need a one way bearing, also it will not only work with this engine buy with any engine.

Engine Bearings: Pull out your bearings and measure them with a caliper then order some ceramic bearings from boca. Or better yet once the engine is broken in then just send it to Alan Burton @ at the speed shop and he will replace he bearings with the right sized ones for you.