Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA Picco?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default OFNA Picco?

Alright people, anyone that has seen driven or owns an ofna picco i need you to tell me what they are all about because im looking to buy one. like how does it handle? is it quick? is it good 100% stock out of the box (besides tires) how does it jump? is it an over all good buggy? is it a good racer? Please tell me all you know, because i dont want to buy something thats not worth it.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

its definitely worth it, I've had a few and never been disappointed with power.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default re

if you are talking about the buggy yes it is good out of the box except the tires and the steering servo neds to be upgraded
Old 04-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

get it!! its great, durable and good for racing or bashing. one solid Ofna product.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

its a very well built buggy, good motor, the only bad is the stock steering servo
Old 04-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

but all RTRs need a new steering servo, but thats a $35 fix, a hitec 645 will be perfect to start with.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Excellent beginner buggy, the engine is a screamer once you bolt on a 086 pipe with a long header. I loved mine. I ripped all the electronics out of it as soon as I opened the box. I've been using 2.4ghz radios and digital servos for as long as I can remember, no going back to analog or crystals for me. It's a bit heavy but that can help newer racers. All in all, it's a great little club buggy. Suspension is ultra smooth, the stock oil is a tad light for my taste.
The tires were good for one or two races, surprised me because I thought they were too hard period. Did not expect them to work at all on a hard pack surface.
The only things I broke were one or two arms. I stripped the pillow ball threads out. It took a ton of abuse before it happened but that's to be expected when you repeatedly slam into a wooden wall! I suck with a buggy.
I also twisted one rear dogbone in two. That's all the problems I had with it.
You'll want a starter box for sure. The engine is a bear to turn over for the first 1/2 gallon, even with preheating. It broke in fully by 3/4's a gallon and by 2 gallons it was running with all the high dollar mills. It flat out will kill a Nova 3 port and any other RTR engine out there. The 086 pipe really made a big difference.
I ran O'Donnell's purple sport plugs, medium cool range long plugs and Byron's 30% Pro driver fuel. It made good power from bottom to top with temps around 230-245F. Easy 40mph.
It's a really nice mill. Put a new set of bearings in it around 2-3 gallons. I ran mine just to see how long it would go with no maintenance. At the start of the 4th gallon the bearings went. If I had replaced them I'd still be running the engine.
The diff fluids are too light in it as well. They put 1k in the rear, WAY too light. I think 7k int he front and center diff with 3k in the rear would be a good starting point.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScroggJL21
I think 7k int he front and center diff with 3k in the rear would be a good starting point.
try 5k front-5k center-3k rear, that will make it easier to drive. i run pro buggy and i still run that alot of the time, except on my jammin X1 buggy i had 7k in center.