Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How to prepare my nitro truck for tomorrow? >

How to prepare my nitro truck for tomorrow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to prepare my nitro truck for tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

So only thing I need to do is clean my air filter so im ready for tomorrow? What should I bring with me for the race?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro F150
So only thing I need to do is clean my air filter so im ready for tomorrow? What should I bring with me for the race?
tools and patience. drive slow to go fast. the old saying. you'll do better driving slow and consistent than fast and wrecking everywhere
Old 04-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pfunk66
Best advice I can give is to make some friends at the track! It's much easier to get going and get the hang of everything when you have somebody close by to talk to and ask questions.
right on. makes friends there. so you can help each other out when things go wrong with each others cars.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

What tools should bring?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nitro F150
What tools should bring?
all the hex wrenches that your car uses, tire tool, maybe extra batteries for your glow ignitor unless its a rechargeable. pretty much it for a first race. maybe a clean paint brush to clean the dust off your car at the track if you dont have access to a air compressor.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

By the sound of things, you seem to be a little overwhelmed at this point. You have a race tomorrow, but don't know to oil the air filter yet....probably not the best scenario for pre-race day, but it will have to do. Just to be asking, you did watch the DVD that came with your nitro Rustler, right? It has really good information for someone just starting out.

For tools, beyond the usual hex wrenches, and nut drivers for your car, bring some needle nose pliers, tuning screwdriver, some extra glow plugs, and 2 or 3 extra pre-oiled air filters (the stock filter is kind of small, and will clog up quick if the track is dusty).

Now, this also sounds like this will be your first race. That being the case, don't go into it with any grand expectations. You're likely going to be stressed & overwhelmed in general, which is to be expected. Just plan on having fun, and setting a simple goal for the day. For my first race, my only goal was to finish my heats, and main. I didn't care if I came in dead last in all of them....I just wanted to finish cleanly.

All the practicing in the world won't get you fully prepared for actual racing....that only comes with time. So, just settle down, try to be as prepared as you can be, and have fun. That's the most important part of the whole day....to have fun.