Search

always losing in a race...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down always losing in a race...

hi i just started racing this year...
i have a Hot Bodies D8 with a OS V-spec w/ eb mods
every time i race i do really bad...i always body roll and losing lap times...
during practice with my uncle...i do really well and always kick his a** but when racing he always comes first and i come nearly dead last...

can you plz help me...thank you
Old 03-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Sounds to me like u let nerves get to you durring the race... Just relax and have fun...
Old 03-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not a seasoned racer, but I know this: Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. Everytime I go for a kill with a vengance I tend to get the shiny side up. If I do my own thing at the pace that suits me, the other guys tend to be overtaken.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Don't worry about the other racers. Only worry about your own car. There will be races with huge turnouts & winning the chump heat will get you no where.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea...on the drivers stand i trend to shake a lot and i hold my radio very hard.....when i do relax it helps a bit but then i go to mistakes again...i dont do jumps..cause i figure it only will help you a bit but im not racing in the worlds or anything so it wont matter...
Old 03-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

fight as you train
Old 03-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by casevac
fight as you train
yea..should try that..thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old saying in Racing. Slower is faster. I finally figured that out the last couple of races this season. If you miss your spot on a jump roll through it. If your racing sombody hard just relax and let him make the first mistake and then go buy. There were over 40 truggys in my class. Final points standings havnt been posted yet but I either finished 10th or 11th overall. Thats with one race not getting any points at all because of a breakdown before the race even started. No laps no points. Youll get it. just relax and have fun........
Old 03-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Practice a lot and try to race yourself, not other people. Look at the time sheets to see if you are improving. Try to finish races without crashing even if you could go faster, race exactly the way you practiced.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Racing is wild.....

It never fails that half the racers drive like insane rabid dogs flying all around and crashing into me and everyone else. Slamming into walls, well you get the point. I try to imagine that I'm the calm in the storm like in those movies and videos when the person is walking or sitting calmly and the cars and everything else moves around them in a blur of movement and car lights, and watch out for the repeat offenders and swerve around them and if you have to slow down to avoid a pileup then do it. It's easy to start driving like everyone else so make an effort to stand back and be smooth. Jump most jumps, but if you crash alot on one or two jumps then find a smoth and fast line on the inside where the flyers will miss you....It takes time to get this down, but you will get it....Be patient.....
Old 03-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

if your in it to win it and not a sponsored driver you need a new hobby,,,,, race for fun! not the win! winning is just a plus!!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

patience also works depending how long your mains are. numerous times ive caught up to a lead car and just followed em within a car length or two, and they usually make a mistake, they start to pay attention to your car and not thiers
Old 03-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
if your in it to win it and not a sponsored driver you need a new hobby,,,,, race for fun! not the win! winning is just a plus!!
I always have fun racing regardless of outcome but if I didnt want to win I wouldnt race. Why do anything competitively if you dont want to win? I just dont understand the current mentality of "everybody is a winner." Competition is an absolute must in society!

As for the original post. Slow down and dont drive beyond your abilities. If you're in the novice/sportsman class, you'll get a podium finish if you keep the rubber side down. Speed isnt important. Hell, regardless of your qualifying position, start at the back of the pack. When the tone sounds, wait a couple seconds and let everyone wad it up in the first two corners while you slowly drive around them. I can just about guarantee you'll come out of the first 2 corners in the top 3 positions.

When I race I want to start in the first, second, or last positions.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Race the track, not the other drivers. Treat EVERY time you're on the track like practice. I know I still get caught up in the "race" during mains sometimes and it takes me awhile to get back into MY grove. then I'll start moving back up.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

well u have the best car money can buy so thats not the issue, EB MODS engines are awsome so check that off the list...now onto the driver I know its a silly phrase but slow is fast not crashing and keeping a smooth line will 90% of the time beat the "fastest" lap guy on the track, until u are the "fastest lap guy" PLUS "smooth" , just worry about running smooth consistant lines without crashing. as said above train like u fight and fight like u train the speed will come in time...

Ryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.