R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to tq_racing Send a message via Skype™ to tq_racing
Default Losi 8ight help

So i bought a used losi 8b and i am having problem fitting everything into the radio tray. If some of you could post some pics on how you fit everything into it that would be great.
tq_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

What exactly are you haveing issues with. I mean there's holes for 2 sevos the front box holds a receiver and the back a battery. My ko receiver is so small the box is mostly foam. I use a lipo and it's tight but it fits. I use to use a hump pack and it fit with no issues. So am I missing something?? I am not trying to be a smart ass (this time).
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
What exactly are you haveing issues with. I mean there's holes for 2 sevos the front box holds a receiver and the back a battery. My ko receiver is so small the box is mostly foam. I use a lipo and it's tight but it fits. I use to use a hump pack and it fit with no issues. So am I missing something?? I am not trying to be a smart ass (this time).
LMAO! Frank, I'm with you on this one.....
off road god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The only fitting problem I have had is getting the servos to fit (I run an ace 1015 steering and 1313 throttle/brake.) If this is your problem, you can shave some of the plastic with a hobby knife or do some grinding with a dremel to get them to fit. Also, when mounting servos, make sure you use the rubber gromets on the servo ears.
kevinmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to CaribbeanPirate Send a message via MSN to CaribbeanPirate

I'm with the guys on this one, sure the Losi's tray is compact, but everything fits just right... If you're problems are cable routing then all you need to make sure is that NONE of them are routed through the inside of the tray... NEVER route the cables close to the spur.
CaribbeanPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Tech Elite

I am having problems fitting all the wires into the box. i have the failsafe and the reciver in the box and that would be fine but trying to fit all the wires into the box it is a problem. do i just need to have all the wires outside of the box or what?
Old 04-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When I was running the telemetry I had to pull the connectors off the leads to get anything in or out of the receiver box. Same issue with the failsafe in there maybe?
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tq_racing View Post
I am having problems fitting all the wires into the box. i have the failsafe and the reciver in the box and that would be fine but trying to fit all the wires into the box it is a problem. do i just need to have all the wires outside of the box or what?
If you are having problems getting the wires into the rx box, pull the switch out so you have access to the slot out the rear of the box. With a transponder, throttle servo and switch/battery lead, I often enlongate the slot by using a hobby knife and cutting the slot longer to have more room to push the lead ends through. I will also bundle the wires for the throttle servo outside the box and ny-tie to the tray so less wire has to be stuffed into the rx box. the steering servo is a no-brainer. it has its own slot into the side of the rx box. again, you can bundle some of the wire outside the box if you have long leads. Just be careful, as already stated, that you tie down the extra wire so it is not near the spur or rubbing on the front center cvd.
If you need pics, let us know. But a little patience and thinking ahead of what you want to be where will get you a long way. pad any extra space with foam around your rx once you have everything in place.

Have fun with it.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
Tech Elite

great i have been trying to get it to where it looks and functions right. i have almost thrown it a few times but i know thats a waste of money that i dont have but ill get it some day
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

oh, forgot to mention. I run a lipo battery with the hump pack battery box cover. but, i stick the voltage regulator to the top of the lid and keep the regulator in the battery box to eliminate any heat issues in the rx box... Sometimes, I'll manage to get a thin soft piece of foam in between the two pieces.

BUT, you have to remember to unplug your battery from the regulator after race day or the regulator "on" led will drain - and kill - your lipo...

At least that's what Frank tells me.

Frank, that time I was trying to be a smart ass
Old 04-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPirate View Post
I'm with the guys on this one, sure the Losi's tray is compact, but everything fits just right... If you're problems are cable routing then all you need to make sure is that NONE of them are routed through the inside of the tray... NEVER route the cables close to the spur.
i do, the throttle servo goes straight ahead and there are valleys in the radio tray for wires to be ran. in 2 years ive never had the spur mess up my wires,

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I don't run a switch so I coil up all the wires in the spot that the switch normally sits in. I use mini deans just outside the battery box. Works well for me.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote