R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to CaribbeanPirate Send a message via MSN to CaribbeanPirate

What meaningful difference could a 3.5 cc engine do to the environment!??!? Surely this is a prank!

Either way, this is one of the cool thing about living here hahahaha, NO RULES!!!
CaribbeanPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPirate View Post
What meaningful difference could a 3.5 cc engine do to the environment!??!? Surely this is a prank!

Either way, this is one of the cool thing about living here hahahaha, NO RULES!!!
You cant be serious about the no rules... I race at several tracks where you can't fire up the cars until 8am at one track and 9am at the other. There are rules I just hope they don become too strict. I could make some obtuse refrence to osama umm I mean Obama but I prob should leave it at that.

And dreaux I was just razzing you a little.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
No more nitro has been a ongoing topic for 2 years or more in Europe.

It will happen, there is no way around it.

Every club that failed around here was nitro based, struggeling club's are nitro...

When its race at the local track the cops come everytime... to loud...

Believe it, Nitro will be no more sooner then later.
Maybe over there but not here sorry bout your bad luck. Cops come out or as they call them somewhere BOBBYS
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
I do understand that, i'm all electric but the thing with nitro is they are loud.

And that is apperently a key factor to many nitro guys.

if the tracks where in the middle of nowhere the whole discussion would not excist, but around here they are in populated areas and people dont like listening to screaming engines when they relax in their backyard...

So, either track need really good sound barriers or Nitro will be banned.
Why would a dummy build a nitro track in populated areas in the first place, just by doing that your setting up for failure. They arnt that loud, no louder than these teenagers in those accords with the gay muffler making them sound like a loud weedeater LOL. Sounds like they have issues overseas
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #35
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

is EFRA a bunch of tree hugging birkenstock wearing hippie freaks or what??? LMFAO, WHAT A JOKE!!
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to CaribbeanPirate Send a message via MSN to CaribbeanPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
You cant be serious about the no rules... I race at several tracks where you can't fire up the cars until 8am at one track and 9am at the other. There are rules I just hope they don become too strict. I could make some obtuse refrence to osama umm I mean Obama but I prob should leave it at that.

And dreaux I was just razzing you a little.
Of course there are rules , but over here they're not enforced as strictly as in other places... My partner and I own "The Courtyard" which is the biggest track here in Dominican Republic, and we designed everything according to ROAR and IFMAR standards, and are trying to get into a block for organizing international events. This country has LOTS to offer, and tourists are treated like royalty!

I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I can get some air shots of the track.
CaribbeanPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #37
Tech Elite

In belgium tracks may not be build in a industrial area.

and in no mans land neither, that is forest and there isn't much of that stuff here so you cant even go in the forest with a 4x4...
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
Why would a dummy build a nitro track in populated areas in the first place, just by doing that your setting up for failure. They arnt that loud, no louder than these teenagers in those accords with the gay muffler making them sound like a loud weedeater LOL. Sounds like they have issues overseas

People with them accords need to set them on fire.
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea right ha ha yea these are, toys not real cars and not to metion are hobby isnt on tv and, and it shouldnt be cause of that. whats next nascar and other race forms, running off electric ha.
and why exactly shouldn't we have Television Coverage ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
ill grammar police this post...
just because you found the comma button dose not mean you need to use it every few words, LMFAO.

ill have to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
I have had to work closely with the EPA here in the US as well as the China governments' version of the same for most of my life. While there is a movement to regulate carbon emissions into the air and really ANY VOC (volatile organic compounds) , it will be a long time before items like our nitro motors are regulated out of production. All large two stroke engines will go first; and that actually has started in some places. You'll notice weed eaters,leaf blowers, dirt bikes, riding mowers, etc and similar items have started making 4 stroke versions; this will slowly continue. Our nitro fuel is made from mostly propane (nitromethane) and natural gas (Methanol) and oils (castor or synthetic). Our fuel is safer than gasoline, as far as the environment is concerned....so, I think we have more to fear from noise pollution, fewer new tracks, and fuel prices than we do being forced to electric. But, its all done in an effort to get the money generated by taxing the items which emit harmful compounds. These gov groups have to continue to put pressure on anything that has big emissions....which our hobby doesnt. We'll see the bigger emitters like the items I listed above go way before our little group of products are over regulated......I hope.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i understand what your saying but, even if nitro fuel gets more expensive later on in the future i still think people will, pay extra inless its extremely expensive.

NHRA Drag cars Burn 250$ worth of Nitro Per Run down the 1/4.......a family car could travel roughly 2250km on what the Big boys piss out in a 4 second run down the 1/4mile.

Times that X4 like they were doing this past weekend at the Race in Charlotte and that's 10,000km worth of gas a regular old car could do while its consumed in a combined time of 16sec+/-
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPirate View Post
Of course there are rules , but over here they're not enforced as strictly as in other places... My partner and I own "The Courtyard" which is the biggest track here in Dominican Republic, and we designed everything according to ROAR and IFMAR standards, and are trying to get into a block for organizing international events. This country has LOTS to offer, and tourists are treated like royalty!

I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I can get some air shots of the track.
If it didn't cost so much to fly there I'd come for a race. I'm all for visiting new (to me) countries. I hope the track does well.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post

NHRA Drag cars Burn 250$ worth of Nitro Per Run down the 1/4.......
It's actually about 2.5 times that amount per run!

Nitromethane/methanol in a four stroke is virtually harmless. Add in Castor oil for a two stroke that sterilizes ground soil, now there's a problem.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #42
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
It's actually about 2.5 times that amount per run!

Nitromethane/methanol in a four stroke is virtually harmless. Add in Castor oil for a two stroke that sterilizes ground soil, now there's a problem.

on the broadcast on the weekend they said they were burning 1000$ worth of fuel per run for 4 driver's....am i missing something ? Seriously...im not that big of NHRA fan i just watch it from time to time and the 4 Way was Pretty cool to see.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #43
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
and why exactly shouldn't we have Television Coverage ?

ill have to agree.

NHRA Drag cars Burn 250$ worth of Nitro Per Run down the 1/4.......a family car could travel roughly 2250km on what the Big boys piss out in a 4 second run down the 1/4mile.

Times that X4 like they were doing this past weekend at the Race in Charlotte and that's 10,000km worth of gas a regular old car could do while its consumed in a combined time of 16sec+/-

thats why i would never get into drag racing lol, at least the ones that run on nitro fuel.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #44
Tech Adept

hahahahahaha - do you know how many lawsuits it will be against them...... This would have been HUGE news and it would have been on everyones site.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No two ways about it, this is clearly an april fools joke.

Move along, nothing to see here