R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst2c View Post
They should at least learn to spell.
ooppss! My bad. Just realized you were talking about the article itself.

It's all good and funny!
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea right ha ha yea these are, toys not real cars and not to metion are hobby isnt on tv and, and it shouldnt be cause of that. whats next nascar and other race forms, running off electric ha.
ill grammar police this post...
just because you found the comma button dose not mean you need to use it every few words, LMFAO.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
ooppss! My bad. Just realized you were talking about the article itself.

It's all good and funny!
what was funny was you calling Frank L a tool...

Frank is Far from a tool, and actually did work on my thumb in vegas! made it feel all better!
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northampton, PA.
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I have had to work closely with the EPA here in the US as well as the China governments' version of the same for most of my life. While there is a movement to regulate carbon emissions into the air and really ANY VOC (volatile organic compounds) , it will be a long time before items like our nitro motors are regulated out of production. All large two stroke engines will go first; and that actually has started in some places. You'll notice weed eaters,leaf blowers, dirt bikes, riding mowers, etc and similar items have started making 4 stroke versions; this will slowly continue. Our nitro fuel is made from mostly propane (nitromethane) and natural gas (Methanol) and oils (castor or synthetic). Our fuel is safer than gasoline, as far as the environment is concerned....so, I think we have more to fear from noise pollution, fewer new tracks, and fuel prices than we do being forced to electric. But, its all done in an effort to get the money generated by taxing the items which emit harmful compounds. These gov groups have to continue to put pressure on anything that has big emissions....which our hobby doesnt. We'll see the bigger emitters like the items I listed above go way before our little group of products are over regulated......I hope.....
__________________
White House Hobbies, Full Color Assault, Kalgard, Dad
Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
Danny Teh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 8,472
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

wow...............

come on nitro racing is better than sex........most of friends agree.........................the climax, thrill, excitement, flame out, noise, trophies girls, etc.

EP................? i would rather watch porn movies..........well at least there's climax.............EP.......like....having s-x without noise.........?

Danny Teh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #21
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
I have had to work closely with the EPA here in the US as well as the China governments' version of the same for most of my life. While there is a movement to regulate carbon emissions into the air and really ANY VOC (volatile organic compounds) , it will be a long time before items like our nitro motors are regulated out of production. All large two stroke engines will go first; and that actually has started in some places. You'll notice weed eaters,leaf blowers, dirt bikes, riding mowers, etc and similar items have started making 4 stroke versions; this will slowly continue. Our nitro fuel is made from mostly propane (nitromethane) and natural gas (Methanol) and oils (castor or synthetic). Our fuel is safer than gasoline, as far as the environment is concerned....so, I think we have more to fear from noise pollution, fewer new tracks, and fuel prices than we do being forced to electric. But, its all done in an effort to get the money generated by taxing the items which emit harmful compounds. These gov groups have to continue to put pressure on anything that has big emissions....which our hobby doesnt. We'll see the bigger emitters like the items I listed above go way before our little group of products are over regulated......I hope.....





i understand what your saying but, even if nitro fuel gets more expensive later on in the future i still think people will, pay extra inless its extremely expensive.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #22
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 5,988
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

The smoke, the smell, the sound and all the aspects of setting up an engine and clutch can never be done by an electric car although I know they can smoke/smell real good.....

It is Aprils fool day and this joke is a bad one....
__________________
Speed is only fiction but a 130+km/h MRS4 is for real.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
off road god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chattanooga,tn
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

EFRA Letterhead...my big fat azz! Hahahahaah! To much "noice"? WTF is "noice"? Do you guys realize that the Rossi family may send this guy a dead fish? LMFAO!
off road god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #24
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I don't really see myself going to race on the euro tracks so all I see Efra do here in the states is make quiet pipes.
Nitro can't go away it's too much fun. And beside where is the non green component that is over the top? Fuel fumes ok rubber in the dirt umm ya but most nitro tracks ar some of he clanest places with hundreds of people in one small Place I have seen. So what's the real issue??
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:40 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
The smoke, the smell, the sound and all the aspects of setting up an engine and clutch can never be done by an electric car although I know they can smoke/smell real good.....

It is Aprils fool day and this joke is a bad one....
I agree. LOL I love when I come home from work and the laundry has not been done the day after a race. My whole laundry room reeks of burnt nitro and dirt. My wife hates it.

She says she is going to get us our own laundry basket that stays outside.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,135
Default

No more nitro has been a ongoing topic for 2 years or more in Europe.

It will happen, there is no way around it.

Every club that failed around here was nitro based, struggeling club's are nitro...

When its race at the local track the cops come everytime... to loud...

Believe it, Nitro will be no more sooner then later.
__________________
A racecar is only as good as the mechanic who build it.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta
Default

to be quiet honest electric racing is boring as batshit for me please dont take offence its not meant in that manner electric guys its what i think
it should be time for all these do gooder`s to f@#k off and bother other more important issues
__________________
SHAYNE/MONSTER ENERGY/BETA TYRES Australia
Thanks to www.wprcracing.com/P.N.D Paint works
81/MUGEN Mafia

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #28
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
No more nitro has been a ongoing topic for 2 years or more in Europe.

It will happen, there is no way around it.

Every club that failed around here was nitro based, struggeling club's are nitro...

When its race at the local track the cops come everytime... to loud...

Believe it, Nitro will be no more sooner then later.




na i dont think that will happen anytime soon, like frank L said the only thing that could change is, just quieter pipes. and alot of tracks, at least where i live at arent by a residental area.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:08 AM   #29
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,135
Default

I do understand that, i'm all electric but the thing with nitro is they are loud.

And that is apperently a key factor to many nitro guys.

if the tracks where in the middle of nowhere the whole discussion would not excist, but around here they are in populated areas and people dont like listening to screaming engines when they relax in their backyard...

So, either track need really good sound barriers or Nitro will be banned.
__________________
A racecar is only as good as the mechanic who build it.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
MadRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE USA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Electric does not excite me at all.
If nitro went away so would I from the hobby.
Its an April Fools joke anyways
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net