R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Which clutch shoes and springs?

I just picked up an Axial .28 Spec 1s at my lhs which will be replacing the Ofna force .28 in my Ultra LX1. I'm clueless as to what shoes and springs I should get for the Axial so what do ya suggest? This buggy is used only for bashing, not sure what is all needed to decide on what parts i should buy. Also, will using parts from the force and putting them on axial such as clutch bell, gear, bearings, and flywheel be all right?
bjorklundjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorklundjoe View Post
I just picked up an Axial .28 Spec 1s at my lhs which will be replacing the Ofna force .28 in my Ultra LX1. I'm clueless as to what shoes and springs I should get for the Axial so what do ya suggest? This buggy is used only for bashing, not sure what is all needed to decide on what parts i should buy. Also, will using parts from the force and putting them on axial such as clutch bell, gear, bearings, and flywheel be all right?
thats WAY to much power for a buggy but i will go with a dyn mas life, standard clutchs are not set up for 28
Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default yesssss

Dynamite max life.....
Old 03-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I like Answer RC shoes. They come with 3 different set of spring so you can tune the cluthc as needed. With that motor you'll probably want to run a softer spring, but then agian i guess your just bashing right?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Default Fioroni Turbo CLutch!!!

Yeah mate, I have used the Fioroni turbo clutches and they are smooth as! They also last ages and are reliable! (AmainHobbies.com):n od:
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuming View Post
thats WAY to much power for a buggy but i will go with a dyn mas life, standard clutchs are not set up for 28
yeah i'm sure it'll be 2 much power, but thats wut the dumbass sales man said i should put in my buggy, guess i'll just keep a light finger.... but i guess it will work, in the next few months i may convert it to a truggy so it'll be all good then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrad View Post
I like Answer RC shoes. They come with 3 different set of spring so you can tune the cluthc as needed. With that motor you'll probably want to run a softer spring, but then agian i guess your just bashing right?
yup, pretty much only bashing, the only track around where i live is a brand new bmx track with a sign posted "no rc vehicles" how lame... so would a lighter or heavier spring be better? i guess i would like somewhat instant engagement
bjorklundjoe is offline   Reply With Quote