Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battery dead during break in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Battery dead during break in?

Ok, so during break in tank #4 I encountered my starter battery had died and with no other Battery I was forced to cut the break in short. So my question is out of the 3 1/2 tanks i did run what do I do now ...continue the next day or start over?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Start from where you left off, there is no law that says complete break in must be done all at once. Its actually almost impossible given the fact that most racing engines need a gallon of fuel before they are fully ready. It may help you more also since you know that the engine will be nice and contracted when you start the break in process again. Most people will rush it and not allow the engine to properly cool off between rounds which will hurt your heat cyclying
Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, cool thanks for the info I was a bit worried on that ..I figured I might as well get a revo while waiting for HPI to send a OWB.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Piston to the bottom

whenever you shut down the engine (everytime) you want to turn the flywheel so the piston is at the bottom of the stroke so when the sleeve cools and retracts it wont grab the piston and pinch it too tight. When you try to turn it over it will score the sleeve. I always heat the engine to about 175º or so before I try to start it even after it has been broken in. Not only is it easier to start but it will prolong the life of your engine. Harbor freight heat guns work fine.

Last edited by elkman; 04-01-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

I normally take about 3 days to break in a EU engine and 2 day for all others...