hyper 7

Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default hyper 7

for the people that have a hyper 7 or had a hyper 7 or have seen a hyper 7 in action. on a scale of 1 to 10 whats the buggy like? how does it perform? is it durable? is it quick? and does it handle good stock? and the reason im asking is because i kind of really want to buy one. so please tell me if im making a mistake or a good investment. thanks
Old 03-31-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If you are referring to the Hyper 7 TQ Sport Black RTR, I have one.

I am new to the hobby and starting to get into racing (this is my first RC car). I like my car. It's cheap, and easy. It is durable, and no it's not quick, and it's not good in stock.

You'll need to replace the servos (with metal geared ones), replace the engine (because the stock engine is pretty bad, a pain in the ass to tune, and i had constant flame out problems with mine), put oil in the diffs (the diffs come with grease in them, so clean out all the grease and put diff oil in before you take it to the track), and possibly get a better radio (get a 2.4Ghz or buy a fail safe for the time being.

In my honest opinion, as a beginner, it's a good car. All the things above, i'd use till they break, then just get the better gear as you break the stuff. Sometimes you can buy rollers online for cheap, if you can i'd go that option and then just get the good servos and motor to put in it straight up (even cheap metal geared servos, and a cheap motor is better than the rtr stuff)

Overall as a beginner i think it'll be fine for you. The good thing is as you break the parts you'll learn to fix the car, and it's better to break a cheap rtr engine, than stuff up your 300 dollar engine !!!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

yes thanks man and im not that much of a beginner iv been racing for about 7 years or so in staidum trucks though. i was just looking to get into a new class and im only 15 so i dont have that much money ya know.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

and for a first race roller is the CEN Matrix TR arena really that bad?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

sorry for the cen thing people wrong thread
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the cen matrix buggy isnt that bad but the truggy is terrible!!! i have a fastory team roller, i olnly have like 2 gallons on the one i have now. i had two. but i dont run it any more, well im running it this weekend because my new buggy wont be here in time. but im selling the Cen buggy or im thinking of making it an electric buggy. dont know yet.

on durability they are both really durable but the wing post break easy, also on the pro kit the carbon fiber towers break extremely easy, i broke a brand new one on the first lap when i over shot a triple, so i had to buy aluminum ones. but other than that the buggy isnt half bad. dont get a truggy though, you will have to spend hundreds just to make it half way decent.