R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #76
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,414
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hakmazter do not waste your time its a never ending battle. Most people choose because they ride the band wagon. To me in the end its all driver. I am sure those drivers on Neobuggy could easily run a different car and the results would be the same. If a company has no driver winning then people think the car sucks all of a sudden. Jammin had Adam Drake, Jammin was the shit, now Losi has Adam Drake Losi is the shit and now Jammin is not even mentioned in this thread even though the car has not changed much since Adam Drake drove it. Go figure.
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #77
Tech Elite
 
underway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,295
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcion View Post
Hakmazter do not waste your time its a never ending battle. Most people choose because they ride the band wagon. To me in the end its all driver. I am sure those drivers on Neobuggy could easily run a different car and the results would be the same. If a company has no driver winning then people think the car sucks all of a sudden. Jammin had Adam Drake, Jammin was the shit, now Losi has Adam Drake Losi is the shit and now Jammin is not even mentioned in this thread even though the car has not changed much since Adam Drake drove it. Go figure.

Thus lies the problem...
underway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #78
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

This all so completely stupid. These are RC Cars. Just to reply to some of the comments here, one guy said he would not drive a Caster until they become a major player but he drives a hotbodies. So I guess ONE yes ONE big race makes someone a major player yet nobody else in the US in races after that has really done anything with it if Drake, Truhe, Mayfield, Tebo etc are there.

X-ray IS a copy of a LOSI's design so guess there not a real company for not designing there own car.

How about Odonnels? Might as well be a Gold looking Kyosho. Magazines have even said it is very Kyosho'ish. So they did not design THERE own car either.

Oh, what about when every Associated driver was racing a KYOSHO with Associated stickers before the RC8T came out. What was that for? They cant design there own car? They can sure MISLEAD people into thinking a RC8T non production model was winning though. Now that is bad.

Kyosho, Associated, Jammin, All use C-hub and have interchangeable parts but none are considered copies

Losi, X-ray all have there style front suspension and interchangeable parts but are not considered copies

Caster, Mugen have PBS suspension and interchangeable parts but Caster is considered a copy. Everyone stop hating.

I have had Mugens, Kyosho's, Associated's and Losi's and I can say Caster is just as good. If any of you people's complaints are from 1 year or more ago you might as well not say anything because its not the same materials or car PERIOD and have no merit toward judging the car now.

What Hakmazter was saying about other brands having problems, He did not just mean hotbodies. Hotbodies had that huge problem with then came out with CVD's braking, they got a pass. The mugen MBX6R had chassis cracking at the motor mounts when they came out, they got a free pass, MBX6T had front arms breaking when it was released, they got a free pass, Kyosho everyone knows is extremely fast but fragile, also known as a diff eater even till today, they get a free pass. Why everyone look the other way for these cars and not some others.

I dont have anything bad to say about any other brands. There all good and I broke stuff on all of them. Do I hold it against them, NO. Everyone that has complained here about a certain brand has never owned one. NEVER! and the ones who have owned one praise it, even though they no longer have it. Go figure.

This might be food for thought. I have had 1 car I never ever ever ever broke a part on in 1 year of running only on race tracks. Guess what it was....... a REDCAT HURRICANE 1/8 buggy. Oh and the REDCAT MONSOON 1/8 Truggy I only broke 1 toe plate in 1 year of owning it. So I guess all my mainstream brands have not been superior? Weird.

Im done. Write what you will....................
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #79
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 306
Default

I have owned and driven both buggies and truggies.The similarities end with looks.These cars handle completely differently.Mugen is a very highend refined racecar.Caster is a less expensive basic platform based on the 5 series of Mugens.The new Caster truggy has an extended chassis and improved gearing along with other improvements from the previously flawed design.Caster is getting better but is not onpar with Mugens.That being said Caster cars handl3 pretty well and Besides a spur gear I never broke a single part on my Caster buggy.For the price they are a good value.Understand that Mugen is probably the best rc vehicle made looking at performance and durability.So it's really not a fair comparison...Caster is trying hard to improve it's cars and have gotten better with every new release.Give them a break at least they're trying.As far as the off brands go Caster is probably one of the best ones and that's what this thread is about.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #80
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
This all so completely stupid. These are RC Cars. Just to reply to some of the comments here, one guy said he would not drive a Caster until they become a major player but he drives a hotbodies. So I guess ONE yes ONE big race makes someone a major player yet nobody else in the US in races after that has really done anything with it if Drake, Truhe, Mayfield, Tebo etc are there.
I don't mean to get into the pissing match here, and have nothing to add in that matter, however Hotbodies has done much more than winning the worlds to earn their spot. In fact Hotbodies has been in the mix of things for a very long time. They were one of the original truggies and a very big part in the growth of the class. Without the Hotbodies LSP there may never have been a serious truggy racing class. Also if we want to talk about racing and race wins, Ty Tessman has been a contender and winner in many recent races(winning truggy at the Nitro Challenge this past February). Not to mention Jesse Robbers' success with Hotbodies cars at national level races(such as the CRCRC nitro champs this past January).

So I would say they have done more than ONE race. You can check my signature. I DO NOT even run a Hotbodies vehicle, but do respect that they are a contender at the local, regional, national and worlds level. Not just the drivers that they support but also the vehicles that they make.

Like I said, I have nothing to add the the Pro Caster/Anti Caster flame war, but I will add this. Hotbodies has made much more of a name for itself than Caster has to this point. If I were you, I would aim to make as much a name for Caster as Hotbodies has done for themselves, instead of trying to knock them.

By the way I agree about the Xray thing.............
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #81
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I don't mean to get into the pissing match here, and have nothing to add in that matter, however Hotbodies has done much more than winning the worlds to earn their spot. In fact Hotbodies has been in the mix of things for a very long time. They were one of the original truggies and a very big part in the growth of the class. Without the Hotbodies LSP there may never have been a serious truggy racing class. Also if we want to talk about racing and race wins, Ty Tessman has been a contender and winner in many recent races(winning truggy at the Nitro Challenge this past February). Not to mention Jesse Robbers' success with Hotbodies cars at national level races(such as the CRCRC nitro champs this past January).

So I would say they have done more than ONE race. You can check my signature. I DO NOT even run a Hotbodies vehicle, but do respect that they are a contender at the local, regional, national and worlds level. Not just the drivers that they support but also the vehicles that they make.

Like I said, I have nothing to add the the Pro Caster/Anti Caster flame war, but I will add this. Hotbodies has made much more of a name for itself than Caster has to this point. If I were you, I would aim to make as much a name for Caster as Hotbodies has done for themselves, instead of trying to knock them.

By the way I agree about the Xray thing.............
I don't think he's out to knock HB just stating like caster it had it's problems when released much like most cars do. The difference is that if the caster breaks it's a "mugen copied POS" which HB or any other well known companies do it "it was my fault I landed to hard etc." even though the person may have been driving the caster the same way. While I admit we still have to work to get our name out there which is hard because we don't have a Hara,Drake,Truhe,Etc on our team yet and because as soon as we're mentioned people automatically throw us in the snake pit. In the end I don't want to get into a pissing match,flame war, etc. I just want people not to count us out. Give casters a try if you don't like it that's fine but at least try the car out and try different things don't toss the car if you have a bad wreck and it breaks fix it...and also feel free to go to casterracingusa forums for tips to make the car even more bulletproof.
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #82
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
I don't think he's out to knock HB just stating like caster it had it's problems when released much like most cars do. The difference is that if the caster breaks it's a "mugen copied POS" which HB or any other well known companies do it "it was my fault I landed to hard etc." even though the person may have been driving the caster the same way. While I admit we still have to work to get our name out there which is hard because we don't have a Hara,Drake,Truhe,Etc on our team yet and because as soon as we're mentioned people automatically throw us in the snake pit. In the end I don't want to get into a pissing match,flame war, etc. I just want people not to count us out. Give casters a try if you don't like it that's fine but at least try the car out and try different things don't toss the car if you have a bad wreck and it breaks fix it...and also feel free to go to casterracingusa forums for tips to make the car even more bulletproof.
I know he didn't set out to knock HB, but truthfully, that's what he did. My point is HB has done much more than ONE race to earn their reputation. I admit that winning the Worlds only has helped them grow that reputation, but it is certainly not the only thing they have done as vnmsgt would suggest. My other point is it's pretty funny that a Caster supporter would try to belittle HB's reputation when Caster has nothing compared to it(at least not yet). Instead Caster should strive to achieve the reputation that HB has. It's as simple as that.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #83
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I know he didn't set out to knock HB, but truthfully, that's what he did. My point is HB has done much more than ONE race to earn their reputation. I admit that winning the Worlds only has helped them grow that reputation, but it is certainly not the only thing they have done as vnmsgt would suggest. My other point is it's pretty funny that a Caster supporter would try to belittle HB's reputation when Caster has nothing compared to it(at least not yet). Instead Caster should strive to achieve the reputation that HB has. It's as simple as that.
Gotcha you're right...It's just hard when you're thrown in the dungeon before you get your feet off the ground lol.
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #84
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
Gotcha you're right...It's just hard when you're thrown in the dungeon before you get your feet off the ground lol.
I agree, although I think part of the problem people have with Caster is that(and even Caster reps admit this) there vehicles really where very sub-par for a long time. I realize that they have changed that and are still working to further improve their products. But the poor quality of their previous version vehicles has left a bad taste in some people's mouths and I will add that it is rightfully so. Caster has some work to do to get their name back out there and prove that they now make a quality product.

As for the whole mugen copy thing, I see it. Anyone can see that the Caster vehicles' design has "borrowed" many elements from the design of the mugen MBX5 series of vehicles. I don't say this simply because it uses pillow ball suspension. If you can't admit that they are very close in design you are obviously only trying to hide that fact(which IMO is stupid). Does that mean they should die in a fire? I guess that is personal opinion. Personally I hold no grudge because of that fact.

Anyway I am done with my rambling. I have no ill wishes for Caster and will not say anything negative about them. They do have some work to do to make their name and IMO they can't be considered a "top contender" quite yet. Maybe that will change with time.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #85
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I agree, although I think part of the problem people have with Caster is that(and even Caster reps admit this) there vehicles really where very sub-par for a long time. I realize that they have changed that and are still working to further improve their products. But the poor quality of their previous version vehicles has left a bad taste in some people's mouths and I will add that it is rightfully so. Caster has some work to do to get their name back out there and prove that they now make a quality product.

As for the whole mugen copy thing, I see it. Anyone can see that the Caster vehicles' design has "borrowed" many elements from the design of the mugen MBX5 series of vehicles. I don't say this simply because it uses pillow ball suspension. If you can't admit that they are very close in design you are obviously only trying to hide that fact(which IMO is stupid). Does that mean they should die in a fire? I guess that is personal opinion. Personally I hold no grudge because of that fact.

Anyway I am done with my rambling. I have no ill wishes for Caster and will not say anything negative about them. They do have some work to do to make their name and IMO they can't be considered a "top contender" quite yet. Maybe that will change with time.
+1

Yea the previous models did suck but the newer ones are great. I think out biggest problem now is getting more out on the tracks. In due time we will grow
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #86
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8
Default

I dont know much about the in crowd but I do know quality. I was always a long time Jammin Fan and literally drove it to the ground. When it finaly died to the point it would cost more to repair then what it was worth I went on a hunt to find something to keep me fixed till next year when I know I had a lil more cash to play with. Im not looking to win any Worlds or any races Im out to have fun on the track with minimal repair. I recently Picked up a Madwarrior. Now I cringed at the thought of owning a knock off truck or El Cheapo but I actually have to say I am very satified with it. Now That Im use toi the style or driving and after a few tweaks and upgrades its not a bad lil ride. I will still pick up a comp truggy for next year because racing is in my blood but I have yet to break anything on the MX track we run at. If your looking at compitition the big names are pretty much where to look becasue of the avalability of parts ect. I looked at Caster as well and parts are hard to find. I have always been a Losi and a Jammin' fan not because of the bandwagon but because the parts are easy to get, Their stuff is well built and I enjoy driving them. But thsi is something that EVERY racer and backyard basher will argue over till the end of time to be the best. Me I am quite happy with my lil offbrand truck and will be even after a big name comes to my house. But as with anything in the industry its to each his own.
ADT1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #87
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I know he didn't set out to knock HB, but truthfully, that's what he did. My point is HB has done much more than ONE race to earn their reputation. I admit that winning the Worlds only has helped them grow that reputation, but it is certainly not the only thing they have done as vnmsgt would suggest. My other point is it's pretty funny that a Caster supporter would try to belittle HB's reputation when Caster has nothing compared to it(at least not yet). Instead Caster should strive to achieve the reputation that HB has. It's as simple as that.
My apologies if It came out a little wrong. I was in no way try to knock HB. I was just trying to get people to remember what everyone was saying about the HotBodies right before the Worlds. It was a "you get what you pay for" thing with it and because it was so cheap then in no way could it be good, or so people thought. So alot of people never really gave it a chance till it won the Worlds, then it sold like hotcakes, because mainly of one race. Yes Ty has done alot for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I agree, although I think part of the problem people have with Caster is that(and even Caster reps admit this) there vehicles really where very sub-par for a long time. I realize that they have changed that and are still working to further improve their products. But the poor quality of their previous version vehicles has left a bad taste in some people's mouths and I will add that it is rightfully so. Caster has some work to do to get their name back out there and prove that they now make a quality product.
I AGREE 100% You hit the nail on the head. Its just hard to get people to consider it again because of the past problems. People should give it another look. People still buy losi's even after all the throttle servo issues of the 1.0 plus some diff issues, Tamiya with the Truggy front arms breaking if you look at them wrong, Associated with there Kits they sent out to fix the front of the buggies when they were released, those are a couple more I just remembered, point is everyone has had problems, they redesign them, update them and make it better as time passes. Caster has done this.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #88
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
My apologies if It came out a little wrong. I was in no way try to knock HB. I was just trying to get people to remember what everyone was saying about the HotBodies right before the Worlds. It was a "you get what you pay for" thing with it and because it was so cheap then in no way could it be good, or so people thought. So alot of people never really gave it a chance till it won the Worlds, then it sold like hotcakes, because mainly of one race. Yes Ty has done alot for them.



I AGREE 100% You hit the nail on the head. Its just hard to get people to consider it again because of the past problems. People should give it another look. People still buy losi's even after all the throttle servo issues of the 1.0 plus some diff issues, Tamiya with the Truggy front arms breaking if you look at them wrong, Associated with there Kits they sent out to fix the front of the buggies when they were released, those are a couple more I just remembered, point is everyone has had problems, they redesign them, update them and make it better as time passes. Caster has done this.
It's cool man. Not trying to pick any fights here.

On the topic of issues that have been resolved, you have to remember that those brands you mentioned have/had a much larger following than Caster did. You also have to realize that many people did get upset by those issues that you mentioned and left that particular brand. It's just easier to overlook those people when the following is as large as it is with some brands. For Caster it is harder because they have a smaller following. When there is an issue that upsets some guys and forces them to leave, it is likely that it will impact the following as a whole much more. Just my take on the matter. I'm sure Caster will continue to get their name out there.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #89
Tech Addict
 
DANE_TRAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a generic brand for SC1 or other "non-stick" substances?
__________________
Pro4mance Hobbies
DANE_TRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #90
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN View Post
Anyone have a generic brand for SC1 or other "non-stick" substances?
LOL Dane.

BTW try some Pledge
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Damnit, the lipo battery industry needs better standards! Freezebyte Electric Off-Road 130 06-20-2017 10:07 AM
"the tuning bible" houston Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 311 04-24-2017 11:18 PM
RC FLIGHT brading Manila Racers 23110 12-24-2015 06:23 PM
Bringing the hobby mainstream TomBlaze Electric Off-Road 177 04-17-2008 10:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net