Wiki Posts
Search

Picco P7R evo carb problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Picco P7R evo carb problem

ok here is the deal, i have a picco p7r evo and love the motor, but i have had problems with the carb sticking as well as alot of guys that bought the same engine, i don't want to buy another stock carb and was wondering if any of you all have a recommendation for a different carb that will fit and work, thanks Russ
Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by speedzone99
ok here is the deal, i have a picco p7r evo and love the motor, but i have had problems with the carb sticking as well as alot of guys that bought the same engine, i don't want to buy another stock carb and was wondering if any of you all have a recommendation for a different carb that will fit and work, thanks Russ
I had a similar problem, my first step was removing the carb, and then cleaning/CAREFULLY sandpapering the grooves that are on the barrel and generally working away any tight spots. That helped a little, but it was still inconsistent. I then had a o.s speed carb laying around, so I got the neck of it milled on a lathe to the exact dimensions as my picco carb, and bam, no more tuning issues or inconsistencies with my tune... For some reason, my engine runs better too.... Then again I have a ercm modd on it, so its a killer ither way
Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Initiate

good call on the speed carb, i did notice after i sanded the carb it was inconsistent, i am hoping someone that had the same problem figured out a carb that will drop in, but in will ck for a speed carb and see if i can find someone that can mill it down, thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Take out the idle screw mount the throttle barrel in a drill and use some toothpaste to lap it in.

Picoo carbs can be a little to tight in the tolerances, but they are really good carburetors.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the idea, i will try it.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what works really well is to use some 1200 grit Clover lapping paste to lap the barrel into the slide.......I have to do this to the odd Picco carb from time to time....
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Maximo
what works really well is to use some 1200 grit Clover lapping paste to lap the barrel into the slide.......I have to do this to the odd Picco carb from time to time....
i think i have some valve lapping compound, u think that would work, i am not sure what grit it is but it must be pretty fine
Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Any links, please Neal.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.victornet.com/subdepartme...unds/2225.html
Old 03-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Initiate