R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-30-2010, 01:26 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So far I'm not even close to being competitive, but I'm having fun. Until the time comes that I am, I choose to have both my cars mostly stock. As loong as I'm the limiting factor I think my money is better spent on tires and such.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to cow9527 Send a message via MSN to cow9527 Send a message via Skype™ to cow9527

I got Ofna and Lungsford for my Hyper9, the Lungsford stuff was better and beauty more than the OFNA
RB B10|RB B11
cow9527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:49 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
So far I'm not even close to being competitive, but I'm having fun. Until the time comes that I am, I choose to have both my cars mostly stock. As loong as I'm the limiting factor I think my money is better spent on tires and such.
+1 - I am no pro, but can wheel my truck around the track. Question, I totally understand its choice, but why are club racers so worried about weight? Should you wanna learn how to be consistent around the track, instead of pipe to pipe racing. Learn how to hold your line and pass instead of flying round the track punting people in the corners. IMO
Old 03-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
Jmo, there tires suck.

they were spliting at half a gallon and was losing pins pretty much imediatley.

Just because a company wants to make everything, it does not mean the make everything well.

This happens in every industry. The people that specialize in certain products get pushed out by someone who can do it cheeper but not better.
Dreaux,

I can tell you have read things posted on neo buggy and have no real idea on the tire making process. First things is this..

It takes time to make things right. In tire molding you have many different variable and if one is off that may comprimise your tire. There is a reason that losi has "prototype tire" that are being tested. So if they do suck they don't do it in the hands of paying customers. So rest assured when they do release they will be as good as anything on the market.

So chances are this titanium is already being ran on cars and is working well since it is soon to be released.

Another note..

The losi Tires that are available do work very well. I often use the Green xbt/eclipse combo and just last weekend tq'd and won a large event with those tires in red compound.

It just takes time, you dont just come out of the gate being perfect in a new venture. No company ever has..
Old 03-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
The losi Tires that are available do work very well. I often use the Green xbt/eclipse combo and just last weekend tq'd and won a large event with those tires in red compound.
I agree with you Losi/Proline used to be the authority in tires. I have no reason to assume this is not still the case. Losi products have always been top notch. When i decided to come back to RC after 8 years. Losi was and is the only choice for me. I have been running losi cars and products since i was 18 and im 33 now.

I have a question the xbt/eclipse combo, i have seen this combo many times whats the reason for running different tires on the front and rear? I assume a little more fwd traction? without compromising to much rear bite?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
titanium hingepins and turnbuckles? does that little bit of weight make that much of a difference? seriously, how many grams are we talking?

i can understand axles, outdrives, cups, cvd's and shafts as they are part of the drivetrain and reduce rotating mass.
The weight savings isnt the biggest benefit. The ability to shift that weight exactly where you want it is. When that weight is on unsprung suspension components, it makes a huge difference.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #22
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

The Losi Titanium is available now. I bought some of it last week at Dalton. I go the upper shock mounts. 31.00 was not a bad deal when compared to lunsford and on line prices. They also had the Turnbuckles but I passed on those for now. Until I can drive those arent needed!

I broke an upper shock mount and thats the only reason I went with the Ti ones there. Plus they arent much more. 31.00 for 4 Ti or 23.00 for 4 steel.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #23
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
I agree with you Losi/Proline used to be the authority in tires. I have no reason to assume this is not still the case. Losi products have always been top notch. When i decided to come back to RC after 8 years. Losi was and is the only choice for me. I have been running losi cars and products since i was 18 and im 33 now.

I have a question the xbt/eclipse combo, i have seen this combo many times whats the reason for running different tires on the front and rear? I assume a little more fwd traction? without compromising to much rear bite?
the xbt's give you a little more steering when you run them up front. Sometimes it's necessary and sometimes it's not. All around eclipse is great.

And can someone please correct all these damm typos it's lunsford.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
the xbt's give you a little more steering when you run them up front. Sometimes it's necessary and sometimes it's not. All around eclipse is great.

Thanks for the clarification Frank!!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #25
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
Thanks for the clarification Frank!!
That's a truhe secret weapon. It came straight from him. Shhhhhhh
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post

As soon as your grammar errors are corrected...
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
The Losi Titanium is available now. I bought some of it last week at Dalton. I go the upper shock mounts. 31.00 was not a bad deal when compared to lunsford and on line prices. They also had the Turnbuckles but I passed on those for now. Until I can drive those arent needed!

I broke an upper shock mount and thats the only reason I went with the Ti ones there. Plus they arent much more. 31.00 for 4 Ti or 23.00 for 4 steel.

EA
The Ti turnbuckles are considerably stronger than stock so novice drivers get the added benefit of having nearly indestructable turnbuckles. They really are a nice upgrade all the way around.