Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Which Nitro engine? >

Which Nitro engine?

Which Nitro engine?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geejay
There is no educated guess in RC, you run what you wanna run. I was just suggesting 2 engines that I think where in your price range. But you dont have to shoot the messenger.

If you are familiar withe hobby, you would know that RB dont make junk and Alpha is probably the most impressive engines of the year.
I know I quoted you there, but I wasn't trying to give you specifically a hard time. Its just frustrating when all I hear is just a bunch of names being thrown around without anything to back it up. Didn't mean anything personal by it. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pfunk66
all I hear is just a bunch of names being thrown around without anything to back it up.
Originally Posted by casevac
Try to find anyone saying anything bad about Novarossi P5X(L or LT), even after all these years.
Im rurrently running N21BF, and its all good, but it really cant be compared to the P5.
It's probably the ultimate club racer mill
Old 03-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

The Nova Rossi stuff is easy to tune and lasts. I've used them for over 15 years. I have a P5 that is 5-6 years old that I'm going to rebuild. The N21R is a great little engine. A Nova Rossi N21R with a Dynamite 86 pipe set should be money. Maybe the 53 depending on what you do with the engine. Break-in, clean filter, everything sealed up (zipties +) and tuning properly makes a big difference on engine life.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
The Nova Rossi stuff is easy to tune and lasts. I've used them for over 15 years. I have a P5 that is 5-6 years old that I'm going to rebuild. The N21R is a great little engine. A Nova Rossi N21R with a Dynamite 86 pipe set should be money. Maybe the 53 depending on what you do with the engine. Break-in, clean filter, everything sealed up (zipties +) and tuning properly makes a big difference on engine life.
Off topic - where can I get a turbo button for my P5? Itas about 3-4 years old. If you find on please let me know
Thanks

Back on topic
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So true

Novarossi has been my engine of choice for many years. the new 3port purple head .21 is a great deal for around 140. It will last through two seasons of racing easy, and yes the p5 is just the best for power and longevity. Holds a tune well too. Nice to see I'm not the only one who still uses that engine.....
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by merdith6
Novarossi has been my engine of choice for many years. the new 3port purple head .21 is a great deal for around 140. It will last through two seasons of racing easy, and yes the p5 is just the best for power and longevity. Holds a tune well too. Nice to see I'm not the only one who still uses that engine.....
I've ran O.S, GRP, GO/Caster, STS, SH, LRP - none of them come close to reliability and ease to tune.
I'm running the N21BF now and I absolutely love it, however I'm going to change back to a P5 or possibly +4, most likely the P5 since I'm more a club racer aming for easy bang-a-buck
Old 03-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by merdith6
I have seen the b5's wear a little early. I think you would like the power and so on with an alpha red head or a p5 novarossi....or a bf.....Just my opinion.
Lol, that's funny. I see that your from Texas so next time that you are out racing and you run into Mike Battaile try giving him a run for your money. He's still running the same B5's as he ran at the RC Pro Series Finals....LAST YEAR! LOl, wear a little early, he probably has 9+ gallons on them, the only way that they will "wear a little early" is if a person runs it "a little lean" uses an air filter that's "a little bad" or only knows how to tune an engine "a little bit" lol.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Werks
Lol, that's funny. I see that your from Texas so next time that you are out racing and you run into Mike Battaile try giving him a run for your money. He's still running the same B5's as he ran at the RC Pro Series Finals....LAST YEAR! LOl, wear a little early, he probably has 9+ gallons on them, the only way that they will "wear a little early" is if a person runs it "a little lean" uses an air filter that's "a little bad" or only knows how to tune an engine "a little bit" lol.
Lol, This is funny, A "little explanation" of how a "little B5" was treated with a "little tunin", LMAO
Old 03-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Werks engines are good quality , once again italian made over taiwan made , its an easy choice
Old 03-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks again for the input guys. I decided on the werks b5. Next time I'll give the novarossi engines a try.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Thanks again for the input guys. I decided on the werks b5. Next time I'll give the novarossi engines a try.
nice! i cant wait to order mine!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm gonna give u my honest opinion, get the Houston p5 it's handsdown the best engine I have and I have everything. I never have to tune iv gone 3 gallons on 1 plug and it's fast with my jp1 but jp3 will work fine. I wouldn't buy the b5 when u could get a p5 for like 40$ more I know the p5 has 13 gallon potential without replacing parts.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

theres only one original

thanks for the kind words matt

you guys are great , i dont ask for anything from you guys but you always seem to recommend me to people , sometimes i feel i have too many customers and i am starting to lose the personal touch and ability to get engines out as quick as i used to be able to . i hope it doesnt seem that way guys , i do what i can and thats all i can do
Old 03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Lol I have run with Battaile with my Asian RB Killer 9 and he knows I can box lol! Club racing I am faster around the track, but Battail may give you hiccup in a race if that. I ran my club level K9 at the finals also and am still running it with 7 gallons on it now.

I like the power band of the K9, nice and smooth. bottom is strong thanks to the long stroke and top end it will run with the best of them. No issues with leaks, good run time, 10 min tanks, and a good bang for the buck IMO. I'd say I have better run time than Battail with his B5. I haven't had any issues with blown plugs either. It comes down to break in and a good tune.

Here's a vid of mine running..truck not included lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rvY7pNTawQ
Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bottomline2000
Lol I have run with Battaile with my Asian RB Killer 9 and he knows I can box lol! Club racing I am faster around the track, but Battail may give you hiccup in a race if that. I ran my club level K9 at the finals also and am still running it with 7 gallons on it now.

I like the power band of the K9, nice and smooth. bottom is strong thanks to the long stroke and top end it will run with the best of them. No issues with leaks, good run time, 10 min tanks, and a good bang for the buck IMO. I'd say I have better run time than Battail with his B5. I haven't had any issues with blown plugs either. It comes down to break in and a good tune.

Here's a vid of mine running..truck not included lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rvY7pNTawQ

Lol, it's all good but if you know Mike then you know how the guy maintains his stuff and to say that he's hard on his equipment would be an understatement lol! I guess the point that I'm making is for the new guys that are getting into the sport right now is in my oppinion the best time ever as far as bank for your buck when it comes to engine! There are more choices at reasonable price points than there has ever been. So... personaly if it was me I would stick to products coming from the more established factories rather than take a gamble on the flavor of the month type engines. This is not to say that there are not quality products being made by others but again when you can get so much bang for your buck today, why gamble??? The products/brands that come to mind is anything coming out of the Novarossi or Star Motor factory in Italy, anything from OS out of Asia and anything done by the likes of an established brand like RB. It's pretty safe to say that anyone that deals with these guys or has these people make engines for them are reputable and are offering a solid, tested, quality product. These are also usualy the types of companies that will be around to support the buyers of their products 1,2 or even 5 years later. They are nor the types of companies that are going to drop a line when things go bad or there is no longer a quick buck to be made. It's real easy to find something to import and sell, it's real hard to make a long term commitment to support and to continue to represent a product and frankly if your own companies name is not on something what vested interest do you have to do so? Just something extra for people to consider when trying to decide on what motor is right for you. There has been a lot of turnover in brands over the last few years, when that happens it is usualy not good for the people that own those products.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.