R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydc44 View Post
EB Mods fuel where do you get it? My friend is using byrons and he said the motors are not lasting as long 2-3 gallons but he is also running a speed motor so there known for compression lost after that but he was using werks and he said the motors were lasting longer but I thought werks had less oil content then byron's
i notice i had to richen my needle settings when switching to byrons but is consistant and treats me well
MontanaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydc44 View Post
EB Mods fuel where do you get it? My friend is using byrons and he said the motors are not lasting as long 2-3 gallons but he is also running a speed motor so there known for compression lost after that but he was using werks and he said the motors were lasting longer but I thought werks had less oil content then byron's

I run speed engines and cond fusion 30% magic blend. My engines still have great compression well into the 7+ gallons. I have got them hot a few times and all I have really done is change the bearings. Coldfusion has never let me down and it's very consistent from gallon to gallon. I have been using it for the past year and have gone through 20 gallons or so. Thanks Ron
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Default RED ALERT

has anyone tried Duratrax red alert fuel? I got a quart to try awhile ago.

Is there any way of telling if the fuels gone bad? They don't date these things, how do you know how long the fuels been sitting around at the the hobby shop or where ever?
Rcjunk-yard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nitro-X fuel for champions!!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Werks fuel all the way! Runs cool and and the blend of oiils they use are awesome, There is a nice coating of oil in the internals after you run, NOt rusty and dry like nitrotane and byrons That I used to run. While Super crisp and easy to tune.

The most underated fuel in my Opinion.
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Even though I just sold off all my nitro stuff, when I used to race I had tried only 3 blends of fuel. Blue heaven(Local Blend), Maxy's & Byron's.
And by far the best for me was Byron's
No corrosion on MY engine and well lubed after a hard raceday.
I tried: Race2000, 3000
Pro blend 20 & 30%

Pro blends are really for pro's I settled on Race2000 20/12, wow all the power and protection I needed for my engine.

I also understand that Maxy's has a new formula, I heard it's good but never got to try it.
E-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #37
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I used 30% XP Fuels (Only available in Canada I think) and it was a great fuel, never had problem to tune my engines.

Few years back, I switched to Trinity Monster 30%, it was a OK fuel but didn't impressed me. My old XP fuel was better.

Now I run Sidewinder 30% with 12% oil. It runs OK in my Novarossi and AE engines but my NR engines seem to be more "touchy" to tune with this fuel.

I still have few gallons of my Sidewinder fuel, I'll give a try to Byron G2 for sure. Since I only heard good comments.

However, I think I'll go down to 20%
Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sidewinder prototype (Team Strike) is great. Tons of power, great runtime, very crisp throttle response. It's all I could want in a fuel.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I recently switched from odonnell to nitrotane and have had good results a little better runtime with nitrotane. Odonnell fuel is pretty darn good though.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Back in the day I started with blue thunder and had good results but then started getting alot of gunk build up. I switched over to Trinity and it made more power but I got inconsistant results, lots of variation across a case. I now use Maxy and am very happy with it. I put 14 gallons through my last .28 with no problems(original bearings,rod, sleeve, piston) however I would like to give Torco a try I have heard losts of good thing about it & seen with my own eyes the quality of the full scale gas. My brother-inlaw runs a drag car in the 10.5 outlaw class and I saw them dyno the car with the fuel they did use, then 10min later drain and refill with torco and the car made 39 more HP. 2 seasons ago he burnt 9 pistons through out the year, last season with torco he only burnt 1 and ran the same set-up both years
RC Lidz
Loose Nut Motorsports
SHANERC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

Sidewinder 30% with 12% oil

Consistent, less powerful but with the 12% oil engine is lubricated ensure long life.

Con:- A little dirty inside cause by castor oil but can be easily clean. I do that every 3 races...............you find the P&S have a dark ring there and it provide a good seal to engine. Bearings last a long time too.

It is definitely the chosen one for intermediate and beginners savings $$$ on engines and bearings but pro drivers might find it a little less powerful.

BUT

It is one of the world champion fuel in offroad.

Great stuff !
king offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #42
Tech Rookie

Default Fuel

I use Morgan's Omega Heli 15%. 15 gallons in my 2.5R and the pinch is just going out. $14.00 a gallon Why waste more money for bashing?
kersplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #43
Tech Adept

I've run a lot of differ fuels last fuel was bryons last season went cold fusion magic blend 30 run times r great biggest difference is th temps if u don't believe me try italso its made fresh not a lot of shelf life
Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #44
Tech Initiate

Default Synth+castor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjshbetz11 View Post
Whats the rules on this post??? Are we talkin fully synthetic or synthetic/caster blend?
Hi not sure about rules, but i think both is best with 20% nitro!
Kept my motors clean and lasted a long time!
COOL POWER LUBES/FUELS!!! YEAH MAN!!!!