R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MOTOROMMA 2010 IF YOU WENT PLEASE READ

IF YOU WENT TO MOTOROMMA AND CHARGED YOUR RACE ENTRY ON A CREDIT CARD. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT CHARGED TWICE. I WAS CHARGED LAST MONTH FOR $160(TWO ENTRIES AND A EXTRA PASS). NOW THE NEW CREDIT CARD BILL CAME TODAY AND WAS CHARGED ANOTHER $165 FROM THE SAME DA?? IF THIS WAS THE ONLY ONE I KNEW ABOUT I WOULD THANK IT WAS A HONEST MISUP. HOWEVER, A FELLOW LOCAL RACER WAS ALSO CHARGED THE SAME WAY. IF THIS HAS ALSO HAPPENED TO YOU PLEASE SHOOT ME A PM AND I WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU. I HAVE TURNED THIS OVER TO THE BANK TO LOOK AT. THIS IS NOT LOOKING GOOD. THANKS

Last edited by wired; 03-25-2010 at 07:38 PM.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That does not sound good. Thanks for posting!
Kalgard Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

WOW!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
Tech Master

Please let them now if this took place the office is great on there book keeping and I am sure they will resolve this matter,the entrees were done online and I am sure if this took place they will be glad to fix it with a full refund.I now.we took some late entrees to help guys but they still had to go threw the main office.Please pm me also if there was any type of problem or call me and I will put you in touch with the powers that are in controle
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
Tech Master

weird if you would like you can pm me your info and I will jump on this first thing in the am to make sure there was no mistake and if there was I will take the lead on the correction I also no we had a problem on the site with the canadian entrees but we resolved that matter this was the first year we did the site so it was not perfect.Allessi I thought you were gone to cali
Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer View Post
weird if you would like you can pm me your info and I will jump on this first thing in the am to make sure there was no mistake and if there was I will take the lead on the correction I also no we had a problem on the site with the canadian entrees but we resolved that matter this was the first year we did the site so it was not perfect.Allessi I thought you were gone to cali
not yet.... b4 it starts snowin again IM OUT!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Charged twice

I did not want to post this but after what happened to Jason I am more pissed!this what happened to me to ,Luther charged me twice ,he payed me back but took more than a week to get the money back plus i had to cancel my card to ,So it's not fun.I wonder how many felow racer had the same problem......
gabor szilagyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:47 AM   #8
Tech Master

Gabor I do not collect any money for this event second the mistake came because we took some late entrees which caused a hicup in the system,because we had entree forms that we emailed and then when we handed in the hard copy it caused confusion I believe jason registered late also so that in turn caused the same problem,we are aware and if there was a mistake it will be fixed but with that being said if you don't get in on time next year we will not accept late entrees so I can avoid something like this happening we were just trying open the event to as many racers as possiblle,we do have research to make sure that some ones claim is real before we refund but as you said when we find the mistake it is resolved.We had over 1200 competiors in RC and we are still perfecting our system,Have Jason call and it will be resolved it was just we think with the late guys because of some duplicate paperwork again very sorry
Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
Tech Master

Default Futher Info

Further Info Jason I checked and you were not able to make the race this year,please call me I have spoke with the events group and we are hard at work to make sure there was no mistake made.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Come on Luther we are not in the kindergarten.....if u are a serious person this could never happened.next time actually better to stay a way from the racers creditcard information....
gabor szilagyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #11
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabor szilagyi View Post
Come on Luther we are not in the kindergarten.....if u are a serious person this could never happened.next time actually better to stay a way from the racers credit card information....
And he say Kindergarten.... lol

Dude, if you ran a business, this kind of thing does happen from time to time, no I did not go, but it sounds like a honest mistake and is being corrected. I have had this happen to me during Xmas at Macy's AND Walmart. I have had CC charges from best buy that were wrong. Tho they don't happen much,it does happen.

Remember that RC is new to the technology side of things. Online registration and payment is very new and to get it up and running correctly can be very expensive. So alot of track owner and promoters are trying to do it themselves to save us the racers money in the end........ This is probably one of the best RC events in the country in my book even better than the Nitro Pit, because RC reaches hundred if not thousands of people on that weekend.... I know it sucks but, Lets not make such a big deal out of it and end up losing one of RC best events.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Seems like an honest mistake to me . The fact that they have already refunded one racer and checking on the other issues show me they are above board . I did not race at Motorama this year but did the previous year . I sent my information by fax and had no problems at all . I am sure that they will square it all up give thema a little time .
Dano628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #13
Tech Master

Default Correct Gabor

I will not take one entree over the phone next year,when the sight is closed we will not allow any entrees.This problem occured because I turned in the entree form at the race and if they did not think the entree was payed then they did there job.Go the xtra mile a mistake happens and you get blasted on the form lesson learned.

I am sorry but this problem will not occur again
Old 03-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #14
Tech Master

Default Last Thing

I don't believe this happened allot but please if you sighed up late take a glance to make sure we did not screw up.

Gabe thanks for bringing this issue too our attention and again I am very sorry,if we have offend you or any other racer in any way.We will strive to be perfect next year.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to MotoGod Send a message via Yahoo to MotoGod

Perfection is a myth ;-) Just try your best is all we can ask for! Mistakes do happen since we're all human...as long as they are made right...
Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors: LutzRC, RadioPost, AKA Tires, RC Addition Products, Nitro Pro Fuels
MotoGod is offline   Reply With Quote