R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default Byrons Contingency Program... Does it work?

Hello all,

I'm looking at switching our shop brand over to Byron's and I am seeking feed back. One major reason we are switching is that Byrons Racing fuel is hard to come by in our area so we'd like to carry it for those who would like to use it.

Another big selling point is their contingency program. It appears that the average racer (Sportsman/Non Pro) could benefit by using and placing or even winning some events with their fuel which is not only a great selling point but a huge help for those racers who support them.

The question is: Would you switch to Byron's knowing that you could earn some cash?

This thread is for your thoughts on this subject and NOT that you run "XYZ" fuel and "its awesome!"

Discuss.......

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

From what I have heard, Bryons is a very good fuel brand.
If my shop were to switch to it I would use it, and would encourage them to switch with their new contingency program.
I think it is good for novices and pros alike as not only do they have the chance to beinfit from the program but they also get the benigits of a great fuel that seams to always be of high quality (from what I have heard).
The fuel I use it OK for me as I don't race, but if I did I would probaly switch to a fuel that offers a contingency program, simply so I get some return on the fuel (and it may even pay for itself!).
I'm not sure what your current fuel brand is, or the quality of it, but I'm sure your customers would be happy to pay a little more (?) for the added beinfits of the quality of the fuel and the chance to enter the contingency program.
c9311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i've been using byrons for 2 years know i i love it i think the oils that they use are top notch and ive used other brand and keep going back to byrons the mn nitro series uses it but it is also very easy to get in the northern areas
overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i use byron's as well, my shop does carry it and i have a few team drivers in my area. their cont. program does work and i think it's a great program. i know some drivers who made a ggod check by doing well at some of the larger events. even if they didnt have the program i would still use it great fuel.

jlo
jlo8864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Byrons is awesome fuel! Switched 3 years ago and never looked back
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Hi jimmy!!

I can tell you 100% without a doubt that the byrons contingency pays out !!
I have gotten checks from byrons after the end of the points series races for finishing top ten .

Whether there was a cont. Program in place or not there is no other fuel I would run as byrons fuels are the best , the most precisely blended , top notch lubrications and the best overall package in the business !!

I would say all this about byrons whether I was sponsored or not , top quality products deserve praise .
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have to say contigincy program or not its great fuel. I highly believe its the best fuel for the money on the market today. I am not sponsored or paid to say good things but i have used other fuels and see there price tag and Byrons is by far the best. I wish my LHS carried it so i didnt have to ship it in or pick up at a race.
MontanaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Hello all,

I'm looking at switching our shop brand over to Byron's and I am seeking feed back. One major reason we are switching is that Byrons Racing fuel is hard to come by in our area so we'd like to carry it for those who would like to use it.

Another big selling point is their contingency program. It appears that the average racer (Sportsman/Non Pro) could benefit by using and placing or even winning some events with their fuel which is not only a great selling point but a huge help for those racers who support them.

The question is: Would you switch to Byron's knowing that you could earn some cash?

This thread is for your thoughts on this subject and NOT that you run "XYZ" fuel and "its awesome!"

Discuss.......
I've been getting Byron's Race Fuel from Dynamic Hobbies in Hemet for years. They were the only shop I knew relatively near me that carried Byron's plus their prices are pretty good too. Your shop in Winchechster would be a lot closer drive for me to buy fuel. I hope you can beat their price.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont have anybody that buys Fuel from me for that reason. The fuel is the best on the market imo and most people just want good fuel.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

plus one on that as well..Byrons is great stuff and the people there are a pleasure to deal with..Bobbi C is a trip

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1harper View Post
plus one on that as well..Byrons is great stuff and the people there are a pleasure to deal with..Bobbi C is a trip
Byrons is the BEST fuel on the market and has everybody beat in many ares!!!

call me jimmy

nipping the bud as i type!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Bryon's is a good fuel to use, I been using bryon's for a few year's now and it's an excellent lubricant with the oil content I personnally use the 30% with 11% oil in my motors because of lubrication
chevydc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Byrons over here.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice

To those that use this fuel, do you use after run oil?

PEACE
TOPS
TOPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I do not use afterun oil with Byron fuel, never see any rust in my motors.

I am stoked the X-Fest in Minnesota is on the Contingency list this year!

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote