R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default team caster truggy/buggy (gas)

are they popular @ ur track? i see they have a few version of truggy? are they driving characteristics similar to losi 1.0T? thanks
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There's a team up here with a solid presence. I think the Caster truggy drives more like the Mugen MBX5T.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

can't comment on the truggy but the buggy handles very well I am still fine tuning it but I am able to put some pretty consistent and not uber slow laps together with it.

and for the truggy you would want the 09 or 10 model as they have fixed the issues that originally plagued the truck

If you want more info feel free to go to the caster forums over at

http://casterracingusa.com/forum/ind...?section=about
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
can't comment on the truggy but the buggy handles very well I am still fine tuning it but I am able to put some pretty consistent and not uber slow laps together with it.

and for the truggy you would want the 09 or 10 model as they have fixed the issues that originally plagued the truck

If you want more info feel free to go to the caster forums over at

http://casterracingusa.com/forum/ind...?section=about
thanks. how does ur buggy drive compare with losi 1.0 buggy? thanks
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

um I haven't driven the losi buggy in a while but I can say that the car is dialed already but just dialing it in more. The car is nimble and stable at the same time
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
There's a team up here with a solid presence. I think the Caster truggy drives more like the Mugen MBX5T.
Hmmm... I haven't driven the truck, but I've driven the buggy. I had a MBX5 ProSpec at the time... and I can assure you that the Caster turned MUCH better. (again, buggy, not truggy... but I would expect a similar result.) I drove it and a Losi the same day... bought a Losi shortly after that... but there wasn't a lot of difference in the way they turned. (I was shocked, because at the time NOTHING turned like the Losi... this was the 1.0) Granted, a lot of that is setup.

The Losi was lighter and due to that, it was "punchier" even though it didn't have as much power... it was more responsive to throttle input.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Hmmm... I haven't driven the truck, but I've driven the buggy. I had a MBX5 ProSpec at the time... and I can assure you that the Caster turned MUCH better. (again, buggy, not truggy... but I would expect a similar result.) I drove it and a Losi the same day... bought a Losi shortly after that... but there wasn't a lot of difference in the way they turned. (I was shocked, because at the time NOTHING turned like the Losi... this was the 1.0) Granted, a lot of that is setup.

The Losi was lighter and due to that, it was "punchier" even though it didn't have as much power... it was more responsive to throttle input.
I think the lack on throttle response and the losi being "punchier" was from the 44T spur that it used to come with IMO. Made it really smooth but also made it lack a little bottom end. The 1.5R now has a 46T spur and it makes a big difference in how the buggy accelerates out of corners and throttle inputs in the air and such.

xxx123.... I used to have a losi 1.0 buggy and yes it is a fast buggy but it is extremly twitchy compared to the Caster also it get harder to driver the harder you push it. The Caster does not. As far as the K8T goes if you are gonna get one make sure it is the 2010 model with all the new updates for this year. I have been running the K8T for over 2 years now. With this current model it is way better than a Losi 1.0 Truggy and with its extended chassis and new gearing is right up there with the Mugen 6T and Losi. With the optional adjustment parts that come with the Caster's in the box new (toe plates, caster clips, 2 sets of different rate shock springs, and 2 sets of different diameter pistons) you can set it up to turn awesome and handle the rough stuff great without buying anything else for the truck.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post

domit, good to see you back.

i drove the k8t for about a year, the handling is right there with all the current truggies. i had the extended chassis and new gearing already and it was very smooth to drive even with an aggressive clutch. the losi truggy drives more from the front end and the caster drives more from the back end, not sure how to explain it. with the losi the front end pulls the back end around the corners, with the caster the back end pushes the front end around the corners. with set up changes i'm sure this can be altered but thats how it felt the 1 time i drove a losi. cost wise there is no comparisson though.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There are 6 buggies at my local tracks. The care in really good. I have not driven the truggy. The buggy is right on par with all the big names. It turns more than any buggy I have owned.

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote