R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   team caster truggy/buggy (gas) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/383223-team-caster-truggy-buggy-gas.html)

xxx123 03-24-2010 09:42 PM

team caster truggy/buggy (gas)

are they popular @ ur track? i see they have a few version of truggy? are they driving characteristics similar to losi 1.0T? thanks

Semple 03-24-2010 09:58 PM

There's a team up here with a solid presence. I think the Caster truggy drives more like the Mugen MBX5T.

NitroLuver 03-24-2010 10:15 PM

can't comment on the truggy but the buggy handles very well I am still fine tuning it but I am able to put some pretty consistent and not uber slow laps together with it.

and for the truggy you would want the 09 or 10 model as they have fixed the issues that originally plagued the truck

If you want more info feel free to go to the caster forums over at

http://casterracingusa.com/forum/ind...?section=about

xxx123 03-24-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by NitroLuver (Post 7183461)
can't comment on the truggy but the buggy handles very well I am still fine tuning it but I am able to put some pretty consistent and not uber slow laps together with it.

and for the truggy you would want the 09 or 10 model as they have fixed the issues that originally plagued the truck

If you want more info feel free to go to the caster forums over at

http://casterracingusa.com/forum/ind...?section=about

thanks. how does ur buggy drive compare with losi 1.0 buggy? thanks

NitroLuver 03-25-2010 09:45 AM

um I haven't driven the losi buggy in a while but I can say that the car is dialed already but just dialing it in more. The car is nimble and stable at the same time

DOMIT 03-25-2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Semple (Post 7183399)
There's a team up here with a solid presence. I think the Caster truggy drives more like the Mugen MBX5T.

Hmmm... I haven't driven the truck, but I've driven the buggy. I had a MBX5 ProSpec at the time... and I can assure you that the Caster turned MUCH better. (again, buggy, not truggy... but I would expect a similar result.) I drove it and a Losi the same day... bought a Losi shortly after that... but there wasn't a lot of difference in the way they turned. (I was shocked, because at the time NOTHING turned like the Losi... this was the 1.0) Granted, a lot of that is setup.

The Losi was lighter and due to that, it was "punchier" even though it didn't have as much power... it was more responsive to throttle input.

vnmsgt 03-25-2010 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 7185261)
Hmmm... I haven't driven the truck, but I've driven the buggy. I had a MBX5 ProSpec at the time... and I can assure you that the Caster turned MUCH better. (again, buggy, not truggy... but I would expect a similar result.) I drove it and a Losi the same day... bought a Losi shortly after that... but there wasn't a lot of difference in the way they turned. (I was shocked, because at the time NOTHING turned like the Losi... this was the 1.0) Granted, a lot of that is setup.

The Losi was lighter and due to that, it was "punchier" even though it didn't have as much power... it was more responsive to throttle input.

I think the lack on throttle response and the losi being "punchier" was from the 44T spur that it used to come with IMO. Made it really smooth but also made it lack a little bottom end. The 1.5R now has a 46T spur and it makes a big difference in how the buggy accelerates out of corners and throttle inputs in the air and such.

xxx123.... I used to have a losi 1.0 buggy and yes it is a fast buggy but it is extremly twitchy compared to the Caster also it get harder to driver the harder you push it. The Caster does not. As far as the K8T goes if you are gonna get one make sure it is the 2010 model with all the new updates for this year. I have been running the K8T for over 2 years now. With this current model it is way better than a Losi 1.0 Truggy and with its extended chassis and new gearing is right up there with the Mugen 6T and Losi. With the optional adjustment parts that come with the Caster's in the box new (toe plates, caster clips, 2 sets of different rate shock springs, and 2 sets of different diameter pistons) you can set it up to turn awesome and handle the rough stuff great without buying anything else for the truck.

j_blaze14 03-25-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 7185261)

domit, good to see you back.

i drove the k8t for about a year, the handling is right there with all the current truggies. i had the extended chassis and new gearing already and it was very smooth to drive even with an aggressive clutch. the losi truggy drives more from the front end and the caster drives more from the back end, not sure how to explain it. with the losi the front end pulls the back end around the corners, with the caster the back end pushes the front end around the corners. with set up changes i'm sure this can be altered but thats how it felt the 1 time i drove a losi. cost wise there is no comparisson though.

badassrevo 03-25-2010 05:00 PM

There are 6 buggies at my local tracks. The care in really good. I have not driven the truggy. The buggy is right on par with all the big names. It turns more than any buggy I have owned.