R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Questions?? Traxxis brand fuel

I'm curious what's everyone's opinion on Traxxis brand fuel. I'm new to nitro, got a Kyosho DBX (.18 engine) and I've been using Traxxis brand fuel, 20% as recommended. So far the car runs great and starts easily, no complaints, but I'm wondering if there's another fuel with more caster in it that might help the engine last longer, or has the Traxxis fuel already got a relatively high percentage of castor?
MattFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFL View Post
I'm curious what's everyone's opinion on Traxxis brand fuel. I'm new to nitro, got a Kyosho DBX (.18 engine) and I've been using Traxxis brand fuel, 20% as recommended. So far the car runs great and starts easily, no complaints, but I'm wondering if there's another fuel with more caster in it that might help the engine last longer, or has the Traxxis fuel already got a relatively high percentage of castor?
Any of the RTR fuels are going to have more than enough oil for your engine. That being said, I've found that the Byron's Gen-2 33% RTR (16% oil) is very nice. I ran it for a while in my T-Maxx before I started racing Truggy. Now I just use Torco 30% for everything.

If the Traxxas fuel is working well for you, stick with it. There's really no need to change. The longevity of your engine is going to be mainly due to your tuning, and how you care for the engine afterwards (routine maintenance and cleaning up after each use) more than the amount of oil in your fuel.

Many folks will say that Traxxas fuel is junk, but I disagree...it works well for it's intended audience. My local hobby shop carries Powermaster fuel, and pretty much all the racers in my club have very good things to say about it....Traxxas Top Fuel is actually Powermaster with a different color dye in it. I didn't realize that until I read the fine print on the Traxxas can...
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default you are correct....

I ran power master for years in hardcore expert class and it is wonderful fuel. Traxxas fuel is great for your engine and has plenty of oil. Don't worry about fuel snobs. It's good stuff. Stick to 20% for that .18........by the way great question man........
Old 03-25-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I ran power master for years in hardcore expert class and it is wonderful fuel. Traxxas fuel is great for your engine and has plenty of oil. Don't worry about fuel snobs. It's good stuff. Stick to 20% for that .18........by the way great question man........
Yep, I forgot to say that you should stick with the 20%....
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote