Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
2 for FREE ? How you score that ?
southwest bags fly free, your allowed 2 50 lbs bags

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
did he get his car back?
Yes, TSA held it locked up until he got back to Colorado. I'm sure there was some paper work too.....
Old 03-25-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper View Post
carrying it on, ultra clean no nitro smell or residue of oil, wrap the car in saran wrap. also pack some rc car magazines so you can show the idiot, oh im sorry TSA security official, that it is really a toy car remove batteries from radio and dc them from the car, dont want the radio to be able to be turned on and dont want the servos humming mid flight.
I would leave the battery in the radio, the car's should be removed. If TSA cant get something to turn on, they will hold it.

My uncle is head of TSA in Ohio, before I left have gave me the run down on everything I should do. I had no hold ups or any questions asked. I was very nervous of having something stolen or not even making it out.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
southwest bags fly free, your allowed 2 50 lbs bags
well then...i know who im trying to fly with next time.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #20
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
well then...i know who im trying to fly with next time.
Southwest has been the best , not one complaint !! The guys/gals at skycap are always the best !! Give them a 5 or 10 dollar bill and they will make sure your boxes are good to go
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

thanks once again for all the advice posted.

leg one completed. no tools, starter box or fuel but plenty of spares in zip locks, chassis complete and everything (including batteries which i asked the TSA about) in the HOLD luggage. only item in HAND luggage was my Tx and that was for safety as much as anything. watched the HOLD luggage being Xrayed, one bag was swabbed (engine ?) nothing removed. All arrived safe and well.

Thanks once again for all the advice. Hard wheeled cases would be perfect but otherwise went very well.

Off to bother some friends for their spare tools and other assorted heavy items ....
england is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #22
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by england View Post
thanks once again for all the advice posted.

leg one completed. no tools, starter box or fuel but plenty of spares in zip locks, chassis complete and everything (including batteries which i asked the TSA about) in the HOLD luggage. only item in HAND luggage was my Tx and that was for safety as much as anything. watched the HOLD luggage being Xrayed, one bag was swabbed (engine ?) nothing removed. All arrived safe and well.

Thanks once again for all the advice. Hard wheeled cases would be perfect but otherwise went very well.

Off to bother some friends for their spare tools and other assorted heavy items ....

you checked your batteries ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #23
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
you checked your batteries ?
I check my boxes with starter boxes (lipo packs) , 8th scale rigs (all have lipo packs) and transmitter ( contains alkaline batts) all with no issues whatsoever
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Checked my batteries ? YES

I had them (rx pack, starter box batteries) in my carry on luggage (as suggested on this thread and having checked the airlines website (delta / klm)) but asked to make sure when I checked in. The check in person asked the TSA (the TSA people xraying the hold luggage, not the TSA people who do the passenger security) and they said HAND LUGGAGE OR HOLD LUGGAGE, so I put them in the hold luggage.

I suppose it depends on airline, airport, and maybe the specific TSA person handling your luggage ?

Anyway all the advice was helpful as all has gone smoothly so far.
england is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #25
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I check my boxes with starter boxes (lipo packs) , 8th scale rigs (all have lipo packs) and transmitter ( contains alkaline batts) all with no issues whatsoever
Quote:
Originally Posted by england View Post
Checked my batteries ? YES

I had them (rx pack, starter box batteries) in my carry on luggage (as suggested on this thread and having checked the airlines website (delta / klm)) but asked to make sure when I checked in. The check in person asked the TSA (the TSA people xraying the hold luggage, not the TSA people who do the passenger security) and they said HAND LUGGAGE OR HOLD LUGGAGE, so I put them in the hold luggage.

I suppose it depends on airline, airport, and maybe the specific TSA person handling your luggage ?

Anyway all the advice was helpful as all has gone smoothly so far.

As Far as im concerned im gonna follow the rules that the Hazmat people have put in place. Last thing I want is to be Blamed for bring down a 100Million+ Boeing 787 for not following the rules in place....a Fire in the Cargo hold at 30,000' would not be a pleasurable experience im sure....nor would it be in the Passenger area...but worst case scenario they have fire extinguisher's and proper training on how to deal with a fire.(lipo fire Totally different story but we wont get into that)