R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Questions?? Losi 8B with LOSA4400?

Hi guys, I just want some experience reviews on the TFT chassis (LOSA4400) for the 8B 1.0 vs the chassis that came with the roller chassis. Also how the losa4400 perform vs the 2.0 chassis. Any information or feedback for the losa 4400 chassis is welcome. Please I'll like to here from experience not from I heard or I know someone...
Reason for this is After been off the hobby for a long time I dont want to buy anything new, I just pick up a losi 8B in very good condition with the upgrades necesary but the chassis is wear out. That's why I ask. Thanks
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This chassis was for the 1.0 buggy. the 2.0 comes with this chassis. you cant compare the 1.0 vs the 2.0 they are really different and have a totally different feel. i would look on ebay for a new chassis cheap. you really dont need the TFT chassis
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
Chris Peralta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,192
Default

That chassis will help the 1.0 buggy quite a bit. You can also get the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 rear center drive shaft and that will be even better.
Chris Peralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
This chassis was for the 1.0 buggy. the 2.0 comes with this chassis. you cant compare the 1.0 vs the 2.0 they are really different and have a totally different feel. i would look on ebay for a new chassis cheap. you really dont need the TFT chassis
I know the losa4400 is for the 1.0 it was an upgrade to the 1.0. I was looking to get the 2.0 chassis from flea bay but after a month looking how this chassis are going on flea bay I beleive it is too much $ to put in for a old buggy. I just pick up a new LOSA4400 for 40.00 after shipping and I was compared to the chassis in my buggy and it looks like +1 mm thiker (didn't have the chance to meassured yet), the cuts inside the chassis looks deeper into the chassis. That's the main reason I ask. I rather wait for LOSI's new or upgraded buggy in near future. I just want something that get me into the hobby and get my skills sharp again. Thank you

Keep it coming...
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
That chassis will help the 1.0 buggy quite a bit. You can also get the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 rear center drive shaft and that will be even better.
I know Chris, What you said is true, but take a look at my post above that explaint my questions here. .

Now, You mention will help. How this chassis will help the buggy?, that is what I'm looking for.
Thanks Chris
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
That chassis will help the 1.0 buggy quite a bit. You can also get the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 rear center drive shaft and that will be even better.


+1 i might get the 2.0 t chassis and the longer center rear shaft, later on when i get the money. i think i would get the flex, chassis if your racing on a rough track like me.


i already added a alum saver top and, a 2.0 steering link and 2+ wheelbase hubs.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Chris Peralta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
I know Chris, What you said is true, but take a look at my post above that explaint my questions here. .

Now, You mention will help. How this chassis will help the buggy?, that is what I'm looking for.
Thanks Chris
The chassis is going to flex more which is going to help your over all traction and rough track handling. For me the car felt way more planted on all parts of the track, and was a lot easier to drive than the standard 1.0 chassis. The one thing I did notice happen tho with the 1.0 TFT chassis was if I cased a jump real hard the center rear dog bone would pop out of the center diff. That was a real pain in the ass actually so I would say keep looking for the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 center rear shaft. Also make sure you are not using the aluminum chassis braces as they are taking away flex your trying to gain with the flex chassis.
Chris Peralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
VWVR6_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western,PA
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
The chassis is going to flex more which is going to help your over all traction and rough track handling. For me the car felt way more planted on all parts of the track, and was a lot easier to drive than the standard 1.0 chassis. The one thing I did notice happen tho with the 1.0 TFT chassis was if I cased a jump real hard the center rear dog bone would pop out of the center diff. That was a real pain in the ass actually so I would say keep looking for the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 center rear shaft. Also make sure you are not using the aluminum chassis braces as they are taking away flex your trying to gain with the flex chassis.
Great Chris, I know what to expect from it and thank you for the heads up on the rear dogbone, I dont have the Alum. chassis braces. If Losi does not announce a new or upgraded buggy after this season I will look for the 2.0 chassis no doubt. Thanks
__________________
TLR 8ight 2.0 - Werks B5/2058 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l Sweep
TLR 8ight T 2.0 - Werks B5 Pro/2013 l Airtronics l Hitec l rev-rc.com l Werks Fuels l AKA
Ofna GTP l Hyper 8P Turbo
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
** Brand new ** 8ight buggy kit / TFT chassis / Long wear clutch shoes aaronb73 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 04-02-2008 06:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net