Old 03-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #121
Tech Fanatic

Simple change the class name to the Ute class and the body will be legal!LOL

Holden Ute.......... looks close.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 AM   #122
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post

I think ROAR would love to see every one run this because they are living in the past I like the cab forward buggy body. Ty Tessman said it was faster during testing and all the cars running them looked great in Vegas. You should see what indy car is doing for 2012 check out the delta wing indy car.
Marcus,
I certainly would love to see that baby running!

Anyway, I can't wait to get a cab forward body for my RC8B. I think, Cav's car looks insane! Since I'm from Germany, ROAR has no direct influence on me, but who knows, maybe DMC/EFRA is going to follow. We have a "sprit of the rules" clause as well. Oh boy...
Supastox GT
triplesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 AM   #123
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Really? It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that for 300 bucks you have a RTR car, with a battery and your are ready to race? That couldn't have anything to do with it. Also, it couldn't be the fact that you can buy slashes at your local pepboys? Nope, that couldn't be it either. Fact is, 10% of the hobby races. So the rule really only affect 10% of RC sales. But the guys that Race, probably spend the most per year on RC. And now our choices are being dictated to us.
+1

I mean I get that a lot of people like the scale look of SC, but do you really think that look is enough to get them to buy a $1000 1/8 scale buggy? A $2-300 SC truck, sure, but not a 1/8 scale buggy. ROAR is just stuck in the past. They have a very closed mind to these kind of things, and more often than not, their only reasoning for banning things like these bodies is that they want everything to look "scale". It's total BS. I think Mr. JD Crow should get into scale airplanes or scale boats, and leave 1/8 scale offroad alone.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 AM   #124
Tech Regular

After looking at some pictures of Drake's bodies and other Losi cars, the cab forward design has been in play for awhile. Their stock body is pushed forward. Seems that Proline just made it more definable....

Just let us(the members of ROAR...who pay to have voice) decide.

Thank You!!
Mr.Mellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mellow View Post
After looking at some pictures of Drake's bodies and other Losi cars, the cab forward design has been in play for awhile. Their stock body is pushed forward. Seems that Proline just made it more definable....

Just let us(the members of ROAR...who pay to have voice) decide.
That is key but it's easy to jump on a website and complain.

My opinion again but I believe 99% of SC sales to be based on the look. You can get an RTR 1/8 for $300; why arent they just buying that?
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #126
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
You get a pass today,

How are you bud? Hope all is well....
Getting better steadily, thanks. I HOPE I can make the RC Pro race in Austin in a few weeks. We'll see.

And I've been against the "cab forward" bodies from the start- but mostly because the windows dip down so far on the side, not so much the rest of it. The right paint layout helps.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:21 AM   #127
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Jordans Body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Krupp View Post
I made my own 8th scale body a couple years ago for my Losi 8 and can be seen on my rc snowmobiles site It`s under "models" at the bottom.

I would post a picture of it but im a computer newb, maybe someone here could do it ? I love technology and think this rule is a shame !

Hey Jordan Here you go

i remeber seeing this in action!
hopefully that link worked
shipwama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #128
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwama View Post
Hey Jordan Here you go

I want that for my electric 8ight!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #129
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jordan is a VERY crafty guy and a good guy to have around, always willing to help, if you talk to him, he might be able to help you out getting one !!
shipwama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 AM   #130
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post

I think ROAR would love to see every one run this because they are living in the past I like the cab forward buggy body. Ty Tessman said it was faster during testing and all the cars running them looked great in Vegas. You should see what indy car is doing for 2012 check out the delta wing indy car.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would call that a cab-forward body.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #131
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

ROAR get the Stick outta your A** and let the Mfg's do what they want.

there going to do it anyways and in the end ROAR will be pushed to the side for track owner's wanting to do "their own thing"
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
That is key but it's easy to jump on a website and complain.

My opinion again but I believe 99% of SC sales to be based on the look. You can get an RTR 1/8 for $300; why arent they just buying that?
Uh, cause a $300 RTR 1/8 usually sucks. SC racing is about being scale, nothing more. The cars are slow, handle like a school bus, and really just more of a class for people to have fun with. 1/8 is about performance. PERIOD. Has nothing to do with mimicking real race cars. Maybe in the beginning, but that is not where the class is now and it ain't going back to that.

If being real is so important, then ROAR needs to be consistent with it. Limit the cars to about 15 mph, small jumps a few inches tall, model guys in driver cab, pay the licensing fees to real manufacturers, etc.

Even if the bodies look remotely close to "real" cars, there is nothing else about 1/8 that is even remotely scale or realistic.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #133
AE

In my opinion, one of the best thing about our hobby is the radical developements over the past 25yrs. Our 8th scale suspension packages and geometry leap frog what "real" offroad vehicles are currently running. Bodies are not only a functional aspect of an RC car, but also an artistic expression. Opinions will differ, but if we really nit-picked and followed the "real scale" world, the performance of RC would be hampered. RC cars are their own class of motorsport. We should be free to innovate and dream, afterall that is what has brought us to the point where we are at technologically. The more options we have the better. If you do not like the newer style of bodies, simply stay with the old style. If you like the newer style, then embrace it! We all have different tastes!
Dyno Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #134
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwama View Post
Hey Jordan Here you go

You know... as much as I think we should try to stick to something that at least somewhat resembles the full scale ones... I think that's pretty freakin' cool anyway!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Pro 1 View Post
Simple change the class name to the Ute class and the body will be legal!LOL

Holden Ute.......... looks close.

Carlton,

I was actually looking at that as an "inspiration" for a body. lol (But I like the Ford of Australia one even better...)

I wish we got the REAL ones here...