R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #106
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

biged,

you are correct,the thread was moved to garbage. it is still around,it is just not seen....
i will put it in public view,but locked

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
I guess I'm just an old timer that doesnt get it anymore

The buggies still resemble a class 1 vehicle for me. I'd love to see the current cab forward truggy bodies get canned.

ROAR is around to keep a level playing field. If they werent here, you couldnt afford to race. If you like the crazy bodies, push for an unlimited class so you can run what ever you want. You can make your 1/8 5lbs, 5" wheels, 16" wide, and 3' long. Dont change what has been in place for 25+ years, just push for another class. If people want to run the lame bodies they can race in that class and ours wont be affected.
this is broken logic. Everything changes.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #108
Tech Apprentice

I personally believe in what is the current IFMAR rule about the bodies eg. it says 'reasonable represention' not 'scaled' versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMAR.com
Rule 2.6.a = Cars shall be a reasonable representation of the style of car used for Off-Road, Desert or Trial racing.

Lucky your in the USA because here in Australia it is illegal to have painted/blacked out windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
What's next? no blacked out windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by AARCMCC.org
Rule 5.2.6 f = Windows to remain transparent. Bodies with windows painted out will not be accepted.
Nitro Downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #109
Tech Addict

Damn, 20 years ago we were begging ROAR to grow a set of balls and tell the manufacturers to stop making it the item of the week.

Now we want to cut them off cause they stand up to a few manufacturers.

Go figure.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Just want to repost this. Its from S-grid.

Not even 5 months passed, and the Guidelines idea is gone. And this

Dawn Sanchez

Booooo !!!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #111
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

all this cause roar wont allow that ugly azz buggy body....what next upset cause you cant have pink fuel line.

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgear View Post
Damn, 20 years ago we were begging ROAR to grow a set of balls and tell the manufacturers to stop making it the item of the week.

Go figure.
Dont bother, bunch of brainiacs here. They've obviously spent lots of time in other forms of racing that cost real dollars.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rfury Send a message via Yahoo to Rfury

As for these bodies, I don't care. If ROAR or IFMAR or someone didn't step in they would just be blobs of lexan and look like nothing. The buggies should look like buggies and the truggies should look like trucks. The new cab forward truggy bodies are ok. The new cab forward buggies are starting to stretch it a little too far.
Rfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #114
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

whats the fus.... the bodies are not allowed in roar.. then don't do roar races.... its not a car manufacturer's body.. so its not like you buying the car with that body.... as far as i see the losi truck body style is legal... so its just another body for you to choose to put on your car if you like it.... roar is not telling people not to make it.... just that they can't race at roar events with it.... they are many other events out there that are not roar sanctioned...
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgear View Post

Go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
You really dont get it do you. Its not about the rule. Its about a Governing body IE ROAR telling companies like Losi, Mugen, Proline, J-concepts what they can and cant make. And telling racers like use what we can and cant run. No governing body should have that kinda of power.

Now here are the fact you need to know.
1. When the Losi Cab forward truggy body came out, there was no rule on truggy bodies.
2. This rule was hinted at, Namely by ME in a thread 6 months ago. I told everyone this site that this rule was coming. ROAR then stated i was wrong and no rule would be made. Well, fast forward 6 months, and look what we have; New rules.
3. That thread that was pages long was erased, at the request of ROAR. hmm, wonder why. Because if people were able to read about whats going on, they would complain. But with that thread gone, it slips the mind of many people allowing this rule to added. I warned everyone on here, and was told i was wrong. I was even threatened with a law suit.

Now a plain and simple fact. If you dont like the Cab Forward body, buy a different body and run it.
What am I not getting? Nobody told anyone they couldnt produce or purchase the body of their choosing but if you want to race in a ROAR event, you'll be using an approved body. Not sure what else there is to get?

Lots of posts stating something to the effect that if you want "scale" vehicles, run SC. Newflash, why do you think the class is so fricking popular? ROAR is trying to keep interest, costs, and identity in check with the rule.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #116
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Dont bother, bunch of brainiacs here. They've obviously spent lots of time in other forms of racing that cost real dollars.
Look at the desert racing scene there is like 5 or 6 different sanctioning bodies and all of them base rule around score rules. Theres arguments now about having all steel cabs only in a class where tt's are technically allowed. I like the newer bodies. But 1/8th scale is the pinnacle of rc racing, pushing for the best, latest and fastest designs. Most people getting into the hobby cant see putting what we put into 1 car and all the support equipment we have. Those people are gonna start of with sc's, stadiums or another 1/10 electric. I say let us run what we want, if you don't like it don't run it.For most people the "advantage" of the body wont even be noticeable.
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Lots of posts stating something to the effect that if you want "scale" vehicles, run SC. Newflash, why do you think the class is so fricking popular? ROAR is trying to keep interest, costs, and identity in check with the rule.
Really? It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that for 300 bucks you have a RTR car, with a battery and your are ready to race? That couldn't have anything to do with it. Also, it couldn't be the fact that you can buy slashes at your local pepboys? Nope, that couldn't be it either. Fact is, 10% of the hobby races. So the rule really only affect 10% of RC sales. But the guys that Race, probably spend the most per year on RC. And now our choices are being dictated to us.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think ROAR would love to see every one run this because they are living in the past I like the cab forward buggy body. Ty Tessman said it was faster during testing and all the cars running them looked great in Vegas. You should see what indy car is doing for 2012 check out the delta wing indy car.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

also says the body has to be painted. If you run a full body wrap and no paint you will be dq'd?

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #120
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Marcus, forget the cab forward bodies, how much for the Integra?

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote