R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
WOW this makes me hate ROAR even more! LOL OK sure. I just hope proline has the balls to go forward with production of the bulldog buggy bodies even if ROAR deems them not to be "in compliance with the spirit of RC racing". LOL what a load of crap! If you want scale vehicles go race Short Course!
Yes, what he said. I hated the bodies at first and now I really like them and I will get one!
crazysavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #62
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
It seems a vast majority of the guys who think this is a good rule are the ones who think the new style is ugly. You really want someone to tell you what you can or can not run basd on what they think it looks like? I reiterate saying they do not look realistic is a crock. Lipo and BL motors brought electric back from extiction and it seems to me like they were not on board in the beginning with those either. where is the logic there. Like i said they are messing with the most popular class in RC when there really is absolutley no need to. Its just a power trip.
+1

For all of the guys that are in agreement with this rule only because they think the new bodies are ugly: What if it was the old style bodies that they were excluding? Just think about that one!

Plain and simple there is no reason for bodies to be regulated. Just ROAR flexing their muscles.

Sad part is that they do have quite a bit of power in matters like this. It's really funny that one main argument for them always seems to be "RC cars are supposed to be true to scale". LOL if that were the case more than a stupid body rule is needed. Nothing about RC is even remotely scale as far as performance goes. The styling and looks of RC cars have adapted to fit the performance that they provide, and in an effort to further enhance that performance. If ROAR wants things to be true to scale they might as well just get rid of the buggy and truggy classes all together. There's nothing "scale" about them.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question: 90% of all the bodies at the track are these new push forward bodies. So if ROAR ban them all then their will be no Nats - If I was the Manufactors I would just say, Im not making them, now what........
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Great. Whats next. Banning non 3 port motors?

ROAR needs to stay out of telling us what body we can race.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
Question: 90% of all the bodies at the track are these new push forward bodies. So if ROAR ban them all then their will be no Nats - If I was the Manufactors I would just say, Im not making them, now what........
I really wish the manufacturers would just tell ROAR to take a long walk off a short plank, but I don't know if they have the balls to do it. If my assumption is correct this new ruling would only really impact buggy bodies. If they really think they are going to win this battle with truggies, I need some of what they are smoking. Cab forward bodies have already been established as the standard in truggy racing.

ROAR is really doing a lot of reckless things recently. I don't know if they realize that it is new things like this that keep them in business. Also that it is the manufacturers that keep them around, and we the racers are what keeps the manufacturers around. As sad and childish as it sounds, this is all just because someone at ROAR doesn't like the look of the new bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
Whats sad is the R/C Body mfg have the ability and talent to create something much better.

Wonder why they even put a cab on them. You could have performance gain with pit stops if it was just a clean opening to access the fuel tank unobstructed. Open Cockpit version someone?

This is what we should be creating for 1:8th Buggy.
You see what I mean by someone at ROAR not liking the new look. JD Crow is the ROAR Technical Director.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

This is why everybody hates Roar. Proline is trying to further the design of the 1/8 Buggy Bodies for the racers benifit. For Roar to do something like this is just plain "Stupid" on their part. I mean, The very first outing with the Bull Dog Body RC won and Ty was 4th. So, if Roar wants to screw themselves, It will be their loss.

Just recieved an email from PL Customer Support, The Bull Dog Buggy Body will be released April 1st, Next Thursday! Looking forward to getting mine in time to run it at RD 1 South RC Pro, Since they dont have any "Stupid" body rules!

I hope PL will protest this, And they will win. Roar, What a Joke!

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Actually i think i am going to build a scale track, maybe it will be fun. Top speed will be limited to 15 mph, it will just have a few hills and one or two 3 inch tall jumps. What a blast!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
This is why everybody hates Roar. Proline is trying to further the design of the 1/8 Buggy Bodies for the racers benifit. For Roar to do something like this is just plain "Stupid" on their part. I mean, The very first outing with the Bull Dog Body RC won and Ty was 4th. So, if Roar wants to screw themselves, It will be their loss.

Just recieved an email from PL Customer Support, The Bull Dog Buggy Body will be released April 1st, Next Thursday! Looking forward to getting mine in time to run it at RD 1 South RC Pro, Since they dont have any "Stupid" body rules!

I hope PL will protest this, And they will win. Roar, What a Joke!
+1 I think I saw 3 old school truggy bodys at Silver State and they looked like a out of date POS this is 2010 and I live in the now!!!!
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
+1 I think I saw 1 old school truggy body at Silver State and it looked like a out of date POS this is 2010 and I live in the now!!!!
One of my local guys that races SS, ran a 1.0 losi truggy. the body is ugly.

Guys, the only way to stop this is to flood ROAR, and get new people elected. ROAR should be thinking about whats best for the sport, not what their taste likes and dislikes.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
Actually i think i am going to build a scale track, maybe it will be fun. Top speed will be limited to 15 mph, it will just have a few hills and one or two 3 inch tall jumps. What a blast!
Hey that's way too fast for RC! It's supposed to be scale. LOL even 15mph is way faster than scale.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobad4u View Post
When I see the new truggy bodies, I think they look like the new Toyota Tundra long bed trucks. To me, they resemble each other.

Stephen
+1 - That's exactly what I thought. I drive a Toyota Tundra and race a Losi 8ight-T 2.0, and they look a lot alike. I think the 8ight-T 2.0 body looks more like a truck than the previous versions of the truggy bodies. It's got a hood, cab and bed like a truck. What's wrong with that?
LVBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

What's next? no blacked out windows, and you have to have a little man with a turning head when you turn the wheels? Headlights? Turn signals? 5mph (sorry 1/8 of 5mph) rated bumpers? Seatbelts for the little man in the drivers seat? How about exhausts required to come out behind the rear wheels? How about inspection stickers?

I can see regulation on things like batteries, fuels, engine size, or anything related to safety etc... but this is absurd. ROAR is overstepping their bounds here. I'll have to think twice before even considering the sponsorship of a ROAR event. I would hope that other companies that have more to lose (such as those that design bodies and/or cars) would follow suit.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
+1

For all of the guys that are in agreement with this rule only because they think the new bodies are ugly: What if it was the old style bodies that they were excluding? Just think about that one!

Plain and simple there is no reason for bodies to be regulated. Just ROAR flexing their muscles.

Sad part is that they do have quite a bit of power in matters like this. It's really funny that one main argument for them always seems to be "RC cars are supposed to be true to scale". LOL if that were the case more than a stupid body rule is needed. Nothing about RC is even remotely scale as far as performance goes. The styling and looks of RC cars have adapted to fit the performance that they provide, and in an effort to further enhance that performance. If ROAR wants things to be true to scale they might as well just get rid of the buggy and truggy classes all together. There's nothing "scale" about them.
+100

Nothing about 1/8th racing is scale the only part of the hobby that is scale is rc rock crawling if you want scale go purchase one.

What people are failing to realize is that scale doesn't equal performance in 1/8th market of today. If scale is the argument then we need to ditch 4wd in opt for 2wd add a full cage with side panels place the engine in the rear of the car remove the spoiler and so on and forget mx style tracks lets just run on flat tracks with lots of ruts and a lot of dust and the occasional jump. After all we're going for scale right?

If you don't like them don't buy them but don't ban them just because it's not attractive to you. Enough with the bs arguments ROAR is wrong for this and you all know it
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #74
Tech Addict

I guess one good thing is that most of the races I attend are not ROAR sanctioned events, so this won't have any effect. Last I checked, the JBRL Nitro Series in Southern California was not a ROAR sanctioned series, and this is arguably one of the most popular race series in the USA.
LVBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #75
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBaja View Post
+1 - That's exactly what I thought. I drive a Toyota Tundra and race a Losi 8ight-T 2.0, and they look a lot alike. I think the 8ight-T 2.0 body looks more like a truck than the previous versions of the truggy bodies. It's got a hood, cab and bed like a truck. What's wrong with that?
I thought the same thing! The cab forward truggy bodies, especially the losi ones(the original one that started everything) look much more like a truck than any previous truggy body.