Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR new body rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

While I find the new bodies ugly, who really cares if they are run or not? Some level of diversity out there is good. ROAR should be thinking of ways to gain more acceptance and more members than alienating people. As someone mentioned earlier, none of these cars resemble anything real anymore anyways.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I want one of those bodies for my 2.0 bug to piss off ROAR.

ROAR is awful. The regional directors are not to blame. Who writes these rules what's their name ?

You may remember a famous thread i made .... "ROAR what have you done for me lately ?"

Here we go again.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Don't watch Pike's Peak racing then.....

Funny you posted that pic. I said at Silverstate that if the new bodies are allowed to run I'm going to ground effect the daylights out of both my buggy and truggy like the open cars from Pikes Peak.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smracer31
never was a big fan of roar, i am a fan of technology however, and whatever makes rc cars faster and more cutting edge should be adopted. Hopefully this doesn't deter the manufactures from releasing products for club racers.
+1000 Technology rules and I love new stuff, Manufactures please keep pushing the envelope. My VTR 4.0 & My Bulldog bodies are great, Thanks Pro-Line.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I want one of those bodies for my 2.0 bug to piss off ROAR.

ROAR is awful. The regional directors are not to blame. Who writes these rules what's their name ?

You may remember a famous thread i made .... "ROAR what have you done for me lately ?"

Here we go again.

I can answer what ROAR has done for you.

Kept rules in check to keep the r/c racing industry alive both with that and insurance for tracks to be able to operate for 40 years.

Why does ROAR have to do anything for YOU?

What have you done to help ROAR become better? Or any sanctioning body to help grow and maintain our sport/hobby?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Am I the only one that see's this as a good thing?

I've said this before and here we go again;

As a racer, yeah I want the latest fastest thing to help me win. If everyone has it anyway, so what? No difference if it's legal or not as everyone who is serious will have what makes them fast.

On the flip side, being in the industry I see this as a great thing for the long term. People identify with what is the norm and tend to gravitate to it before they go to the unknown.

When we display our race cars in the general public (Mazdafest, RCX etc) people "OOH and Awe" at the realistic cars like the HPI Cup Racer, The Tamiya RCGT car or our short course trucks. The only thing they are remotely interested in the 1/8th stuff is "Is that gas powered?" "How fast is that?"

To bring in new people to the sport and keep what we have and try to grow it we need to get back to what this was all about "Model car racing" not Hanger 18 or Area 51 alien technology.
I couldnt agree with you more! Yes, technology and new manufacturing techniques have revolutionized the RC industry, but the line needs to be drawn at some point! I see this as a positive thing for the RC industry and maybe manufacturers will start thinking about new aspects that appeal to the crowds more!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

I strongly disagree with ROAR. They are nothing but RC bullies. Its a body, a cover. Next thing they will do is implement a dress code. You must wear blue jeans, no cut of shorts or short period, no tank tops and must have match underwear.

Engines, motors, making sure batteries are safe if one thing, but hindering the development of the HOBBY is just wrong. We freakin play with toys. Not race real 1.1 cars...... what was it for the "spirit of the rules" that was created in 1914, leaves no room for development. Well if thats the case, if i was proline and jc and losi, I would boycott. now its time for these big time highly paid drivers to stand up and speak their minds for their company. Whats right is right and I do not believe that this is right. I dont know whos wrost right now the entire US GOV or ROAR....... Roar just get a kick out of telling races what they can and can not do even if it has no baring on racing. These bodies do not make you faster. I strongly doubt they spend millions of dollars on wind tunnel testing and RD to actually make theses faster. Its style and design. This is a hobby is develop on whats new and thats what we buy. If there is nothing to make us "think" we are faster than this hobby will die. Next they will out law wraps and say single and faded paint is not allowed. There should be a petition written up to show them our (racer) displeasure. I for one do not like being told what to do when what Im doing affect no one, or performance.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

If we want our hobby to go more MAINSTREAM, we gotta make the cars look REAL. Those cab-forward bodies look hideous. I'm glad ROAR stepped in, especially with the FUGLY Pro-Line body on Cav's RC8...same goes for the Losi 8ight-T Truck Body...that thing is ridiculous.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Armaan
If we want our hobby to go more MAINSTREAM, we gotta make the cars look REAL. Those cab-forward bodies look hideous. I'm glad ROAR stepped in, especially with the FUGLY Pro-Line body on Cav's RC8...same goes for the Losi 8ight-T Truck Body...that thing is ridiculous.
Look real, really. Now if you want the hobby to be mainstream make it affordable to get in to racing. not what it looks like, I know ALOt of people that wants to get into this but when they see how much i spend, they jsut get something to bash with.

If this was all about looks then they should have stopped Losi 2 years ago, now you want to go in reverse makes no sense
Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a new cab forward s/c body and sedan body in the works as well as a new cab forward radio.......dialed.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tech5
I have a new cab forward s/c body and sedan body in the works as well as a new cab forward radio.......dialed.
haha
Old 03-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

When I see the new truggy bodies, I think they look like the new Toyota Tundra long bed trucks. To me, they resemble each other.

Stephen
Old 03-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ROAR ARE BULLIES!!! I WANT TO RUN MY BUGGY WITH A .30 AND AT 400MM WIDE AND THEY WON'T LET ME!!!!!!!!!!

There are rules set out by every sanctioning body in the world for every different type of racing. ROAR (and IFMAR) also have rules on wing dimensions as well, and I don't see anyone freaking out about those. These types of body rules have been around for years and years in the 1/10th stadium truck class. They even has specific guide lines to follow regarding almost every dimension of the body so that the trucks still look like trucks. Besides ROAR hasn't shown what bodies will be approved and what won't be approved. Just look at touring car bodies. They will approve just about any ridiculous looking body, so if we see the same sort of standards here in off-road there won't be too much to worry about.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think ROAR did the right thing... I know a lot of people won't like it but I think a visual disparity between current Buggy and Truggy bodies should be kept.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Losi 8ight body is technically a cab-forward body, and the new TQ SX8 EVO will be a cab forward body, these were designed with the car based on layout and airfilter placement, so I wonder about those???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.