R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #241
Tech Regular

What's so interesting about the cab forward body design is how polarizing it seems to be in the RC community. It's reminiscent of a similar situation over a full size car from the mid 80's called the Consulier GTP. The car was created by a mathematician genius named Warren Mosler (of Mosler MT900 fame) and was ugly as sin. But was aero perfect and was so dominating in competition that it was banned by the sanctioning body IMSA in 1991. But in spite of how dominating the car's body design was alot of race driver's and team's refused to compete with it because it was so ugly. I see the same situation with this body only the sanctioning body has decided to step in early.

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #242
Tech Apprentice

So...Its now official...Pro-Lines Bulldog Bodies are illegal in ROAR sanctioned events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarracing.com

Tuesday, April 6th, 2010

ROAR is currently in the process of reviewing all off-road bodies based on their compliance with its body rules, primary of which is 6.1.17.1, which states, “Buggy and truck bodies used in ROAR-sanctioned events should resemble those used in full scale off-road and stadium racing. Sedans, out-of-scale truck, and van bodies are prohibited.”

For the purpose of the 2010 ROAR Fuel Off-Road Nationals, and due to the date and ROAR’s commitment to not make rules changes in such close proximity to a level 5 event, all bodies that have been previous used in ROAR competition will be allowed. ROAR does, however, states that all variations of the new Pro-Line Bulldog buggy and truck bodies are not in compliance with the aforementioned rule, and therefore will not be legal for use in ROAR sanctioned events.

In spite of their legality at this year’s Fuel Off-Road Nationals, all current bodies will be scrutinized for compliance to existing body rules with approval systems, specifications, dimensions and notifications to be established beginning in the 2011 ROAR rule book..
Nitro Downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #243
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Downunder View Post
So...Its now official...Pro-Lines Bulldog Bodies are illegal in ROAR sanctioned events.

first they said that all bodies used in previous roar events can be used.. but bulldog buggy and truck bodies are banned....

might i remind them that the losi was in fact in the last roar national event and Maifield actually won with the punisher... so what are they saying...

or is it targetting proline.. this would mean no losi 2.0'Ts at the Nats..
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #244
Tech Adept

He was running a Jconcepts body, not the Proline Bulldog body. They said only the proline bulldog bodies are banned.

I think you will be seeing a lot on people modding the jconcepts bodies to fit then.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Ok so here is a picture taken of my TQ SX8 EVO, this is the body that COMES with the car.
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR new body rules-tqcarrctech.jpg  
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #246
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Most of the bodies out these days have some degree of cab forward type of look. I don't see what the fuss is about.

They keep going back to the cars resemblance full scale vehicles. Who are they kidding? NOTHING about 1/8 is remotely close to resembling full scale vehicles. Why stop at the bodies? Why not make the track's scale, jumps scale, speed scale... why not? Because it is freaking stupid to do so just like this rule about bodies.

Bah humbug... only one race, but I really can't see how ROAR is helping itself with this one. Keep racing simple.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #247
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
first they said that all bodies used in previous roar events can be used.. but bulldog buggy and truck bodies are banned....

might i remind them that the losi was in fact in the last roar national event and Maifield actually won with the punisher... so what are they saying...

or is it targetting proline.. this would mean no losi 2.0'Ts at the Nats..
Agreed! Doesn't really make sense. I can understand the banning of the bulldog buggy bodies as that was obvious, but how can they ban the truck bodies? They are the exact same style as the losi 2.0 truggy body and the JC punisher bodies. So since the losi body and JC bodies were used at last years nats, they will be legal??? And the proline bulldog bodies won't??? That is hilarious.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #248
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So I have a question not to start a fight. I thought that all the rules ran from January to December. So why are the Proline bodies banned??

The Buggy body I can understand but the truck? THe truck is the same body as the JC punisher body. It would seem that Roar is slapping PL in the face after they release a product to counter a competitor. The bulldog truck bodies were out before January.
Futaba, Kiefer Designs, Proline Racing, Novarossi
Kiefer Designs Painting and Now Custom Stickers
cjkiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #249
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkiefer View Post
So I have a question not to start a fight. I thought that all the rules ran from January to December. So why are the Proline bodies banned??

The Buggy body I can understand but the truck? THe truck is the same body as the JC punisher body. It would seem that Roar is slapping PL in the face after they release a product to counter a competitor. The bulldog truck bodies were out before January.
agreed. seems somebody at Roar has a bone to pick with PL.

i hope proline boycotts the Nats
Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #250
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
agreed. seems somebody at Roar has a bone to pick with PL.

i hope proline boycotts the Nats
It would probably be Pro-Line's loss if they were to do so. I think ROAR's explained their case. Wonder what Pro-Line's statement will look like.
Armaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #251
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

That seems personal to me... but thats just me... 2 bodies look identical.. 1 says JC the other says PL... and the 1 that says PL is banned... a tall pile of BS
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #252
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

This is a tough spot. Dave Alberico's point is valid, what is a cab-forward body design? The car Dave drives comes with the body and nobody makes an aftermarket body for it. I think the bulldog (both the buggy and all the truggy bodies of this type) are so ugly that I hope they do go away just so I don't have to look at them but this rule really lacks definition.

Edit: Interesting point about the Consulier GTP, if you look at American Lemans racing today, most all of the cars look just like the Consuiler GTP did.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #253
Tech Regular

Wow this has to be the dumbest thing Ive ever heard in my years of RC racing.
Yes Im all for banning both Bulldog bodies, even though Im running a bulldog body on my RC8T I still like the old ones better. Reason why Im not using the old one is ofcourse because theres a major performance advantage.
The old truggy bodies are what truggies were all about, they no longer look like truggies which is a bad thing.

BUT, what I think is so stupid is that they ONLY bann prolines bodies. What the hell kind of corrupt system is that? They should be banning Losis bodies and Jconcepts aswell, go back to the old truggy bodies. Even though not everyone likes that itd still be fair and somewhat understandable, but this is frikkin ridicolous.
Should boycott ROAR for all I care.
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #254
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

I think the only reason they didnt ban the others (Losi, JC, HB...) was because they already ran in the 2009 Nat's. So they are basically "Grandfathered" in. So if PL got there body out earlier and in the 2009 Nat's they would have been "Grandfathered" in also.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #255
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket View Post
I think the only reason they didnt ban the others (Losi, JC, HB...) was because they already ran in the 2009 Nat's. So they are basically "Grandfathered" in. So if PL got there body out earlier and in the 2009 Nat's they would have been "Grandfathered" in also.
Well yea but thats still not justified considering the Proline Bulldog body is almost identical to the Losi 8ight T 2.0 body. It doesnt matter if it was released yesterday when its basicly the same frikkin body with a different company name under it.
These bodies have as Ive understood it a fairly considerable performance advantage that noone can resemble, so now Jconcept and Losi will be extremely dominant because they can make bodies that no other manufacturer can. How is that fair? How is that even frikkin justified?
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote