R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #226
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniracer23 View Post
Just curious. I know it sounds kinda silly. But has it been brought up that a cab forward body on a buggy can possibly aid in rollovers(self righting), and that's a possible reason for making then illegal. I know it sounds stupid and is very unlikely, but just considering all aspects.
Your right. Very unlikely and in fact not a consideration at all.
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #227
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now dont hold me to this, i could be very wrong but in my quick glance over the posts and the stuff neobuggy had. No where does it say forsure that the body is ILLEGAL, it says that body manufactureres have been pusing the limits and they need to take it easy.
I think that could be implemented to stop the bodys from becoming any more radical, i wouldnt be suprised if the Cab forward body was allowed!
shipwama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #228
Tech Apprentice

I'm all for scale "realism" as much as possible in RC racing. That is of the main reasons short course has taken off with a blast.

IMO...the Bulldog buggy body has more "scale appearance" then most older 1/8th or non "cab forward" bodies.
SCORE class 1 or 1600 buggies have very cab forward design with a flat area behind the cab and none of this round, sweeping toy look that most 1/8th buggy bodies have.

The Bulldog truggy body is another question. Maybe its good for airflow and cooling, but it has nothing to do with scale appearance.
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR new body rules-0901or_7826_z-2009_score_laughlin_desert_challenge-class_one_buggy.jpg   ROAR new body rules-mike3.jpg  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookiman View Post
I'm all for scale "realism" as much as possible in RC racing. That is of the main reasons short course has taken off with a blast.

IMO...the Bulldog buggy body has more "scale appearance" then most older 1/8th or non "cab forward" bodies.
SCORE class 1 or 1600 buggies have very cab forward design with a flat area behind the cab and none of this round, sweeping toy look that most 1/8th buggy bodies have.

The Bulldog truggy body is another question. Maybe its good for airflow and cooling, but it has nothing to do with scale appearance.
Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but I'd love to see "scaler" version of either of the buggies in those pictures! Certainly wouldn't handle like the rigs we drive now, but dang it sure would look cool going around a track!
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #230
Tech Adept

Where is the list of approved bodies?

If i had to drive stuff like in the pics above. I would quit RC altogether and take up knitting. I dont mind rules for competition, just not rules based on opinion and this seems to be the only racing based organization that bases rules off opinion, with out feedback from who they are supporting.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #231
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuming View Post
this seems to be the only racing based organization that bases rules off opinion, with out feedback from who they are supporting.
And thats just your opinion.
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #232
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
And thats just your opinion.
Yes it is.

So what goes in to a decision for a rule at ROAR? Do you get the opinions of Pro racers and manufactures? ROAR claim to support racers (not arguing that), so do they get the input of racers? Or is it just the Executive Committee that votes with out outside input?

I am not trying to be degrading to ROAR by asking these questions. And Im not asking because of one issue. These are just general questions for all decisions made by ROAR that have an impact on the hobby.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

JDcrow - thank for coming on a clearing things up, I was a little concered about the new TQ SX8 EVO body.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #234
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuming View Post
Yes it is.

So what goes in to a decision for a rule at ROAR? Do you get the opinions of Pro racers and manufactures? ROAR claim to support racers (not arguing that), so do they get the input of racers? Or is it just the Executive Committee that votes with out outside input?

I am not trying to be degrading to ROAR by asking these questions. And Im not asking because of one issue. These are just general questions for all decisions made by ROAR that have an impact on the hobby.
I've already been over this with ROAR, and they aren't very forthcoming on how decisions are made. Wonder why that is???
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #235
Tech Regular

Just a thought, while browsing the RC world onlien today, could this rule also have to do with the Durango Body, i mean MY OPINION is that if we are supposed to look like full scale racers, the Proline body looks much more like something that we would see in the real world than the Durango Body, once agin just my opinnion, and i know that is a body for 1 buggy, but still had me wondering? what do you think
shipwama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #236
Tech Elite

Hey, I may be waaaaaay off base here, but maybe this is just a well placed April fools day joke. the best ones start way before April 1st.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #237
Tech Regular

ROAR has alot of rules and many help to level the playing feild so i am not totally against ROAR but as far as bodies for truggy and buggy i think its hard because if you want them to resemble something. its not like there is a standard in full scale racing is there. cause most of them are custom or
one-off creations.
a truggy what is it? a mix of a truck and a buggie something else that is left to creativity in designe. to me the cab foward ads the bed of the truck something every truck has. they mights as well say you cant have a wing on it cause its a truck oh wait its also a buggy.
i just wanted to share my thought on this thank you for your time. and sorry if you feel thats ive waisted it.
RUNNINONMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 AM   #238
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did anyone ever find a list of "approved" bodies? Just wondering because I can't find it any where, except for on road bodies. A couple of the truggies out only come with a "cab forward" design, like the losi and mugen. I need to find this out so I have time to get a "approved body" to my painter if needed.
thebig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #239
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but I'd love to see "scaler" version of either of the buggies in those pictures! Certainly wouldn't handle like the rigs we drive now, but dang it sure would look cool going around a track!
http://kyoshoamerica.com/cars/index.php?part_num=30856

This will be awesome. Ask and ye shall recieve.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
http://kyoshoamerica.com/cars/index.php?part_num=30856

This will be awesome. Ask and ye shall recieve.
Sweet! Looks like Kyosho is thinking back to the days of the original Scorpion.... http://www.vintagercweb.com/scorpion.html

Man, now that's when RC cars looked like what you'd see running across the desert. Granted, the performance we have with today's purpose built racers is far superior, but a "scaler class" would be fun in it's own right.

My apologies for taking the thread off on a tangent....
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote