R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Carlton,

I was actually looking at that as an "inspiration" for a body. lol (But I like the Ford of Australia one even better...)

I wish we got the REAL ones here...
here you go. the 2010 Pontiac G8 Sport truck
http://jalopnik.com/366699/2010-pont...camino-is-back
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #137
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
here you go. the 2010 Pontiac G8 Sport truck
http://jalopnik.com/366699/2010-pont...camino-is-back
Yup... I've seen that... too bad it didn't make it into production. (Note the date on the article too... early 2008)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Yup... I've seen that... too bad it didn't make it into production. (Note the date on the article too... early 2008)
doh. i kinda thought after i posted it. its a 2010 model, and were in 2010, and ive not seen it at all......durrrr

just import one, and you can look with a right hand drive car here in the US
Old 03-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #139
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default seriously whats the big deal

its pretty similar to the 2.0 buggy, no one had a problem with that.........

STUBYSLAP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #140
Tech Adept

ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR - I swear, I hope everyone factory drivers to novice show up at 1/8 Fuel Nats with a bulldog body. Whether you run it or not, just have it on during tech. This will show the power hungry ROAR officials, that WE THE RACERS run this not them.
Its one thing to put in place rules and regulations to keep the playing field fair, but putting these rules in place for something that is OPINIONATED IS STUPID. I personally cant stand the HB D8T body, think it look like a retarded duck, but its my opinion. I believe that the Saddam's sittin up there are ROAR just dont like the LOOK of the body and now are making up stupid rules that WILL keep people from running one of the 2 ROAR races all year. The manufactors need to step in and just tell ROAR to STFU and go play with their "real" looking grasshoppers.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #141
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree, it is very similar, I personally thought it was ugly at first but now, i just see it as being another body. i dont think it should be dissallowed though, i mean what is the real reason behind dis-allowing it? It isnt that differnt from other bodies on the market, so ALLOW it
shipwama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #142
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Sprinkler

Does this apply to the new design truggy body as well?

Mugen Seiki Racing/ JConcepts/ Tekin/ Absolute Hobbyz/ Advantage Racing Products/ Byron Fuels/ Competetion Heat/ NovaRossi/ Airtronics/ Stickit1racing.com/ Murnan Modified Motors/ M2C Racing
Sprinkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #143
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Quote:
#2702 of 2878 by Dawn Sanchez (dawn) on Wed Nov 4 16:29:52 2009:
I'm assuming the average intelligence quotient here is at least 50 points higher than on RC Tech.
Assuming its real, I find the comment by Dawn interesting as far as her opinion of the intelligence of people on RCTech, considering there are people who post here on RCTech on a regular basis who are ROAR members as well as manufacturers, etc.

Back on topic, in my opinion based on the fact that ROAR appears on there website to have a system where members can login, maybe it would have been better to first get the word out the membership via a mailing or emailing, or some form or notifications (webboards including Rctech), then have a deadline for ROAR members to submit there vote on if the cab forward design issue would be allowed / dissallowed for ROAR events.

Seems this way you would get a feel for what the membership wants as far as the bodies are concerned, and in turn, the membership would have a say in what effects them as from what I can tell, it seems that those who have issues with ROAR who have been a part of it or are a part of it believe from there experiences that there is a disconnect between ROAR and the racers they represent. This would be a good way to rectify that issue and show that ROAR is about its membership desires, etc.

And if it was me personally, I guess I would have preferred in the situation I mentioned a super majority, say 60% prior to a change. And I also think there are other classes like SCTs for offroad and VTA for onroad where you can probably implement a more scale look rule versus doing this in 1/8 buggy and 1/8 truggy.

Ultimately, it will be interesting to see who is going to blink first on this issue, ROAR, or the manufacturers since this is an area that at least to me is definitely racer oriented, as I don't see bunches of bashers expressing there desire for the cab forward design.

And maybe there won't be a showdown depending on where the rules are required.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #144
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

someone mentioned nascar. really? they look nothing like a stock car. i really dont like the new bodies, but the new truggy bodies look closer to a real vehicle than the old bodies. why dont they outlaw all aftermarket parts. those effect handling a lot more than a body.
burnettk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #145
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31 View Post
its pretty similar to the 2.0 buggy, no one had a problem with that.........

+1 basically the same thing, just more exaggerated. I really don't see the huge appearance difference anyway. The bulldog still looks like a buggy. What's so wrong with having more than one style of body available.

I say anyone who doesn't like the body, doesn't have to run it. Anyone that does should be able to decide that for themselves. ROAR needs to stay the f*** out of it.

Cain: X2 ROAR IS completely disconnected from the racing community. Just the fact that they have rules for appearance shows how out of contact they are from their racers. Because that's what we are... racers. We want anything that can possibly give us a performance advantage and we generally don't mind sacrificing looks for it. Again, back to my earlier statement, ROAR needs to get into scale RC planes or scale RC boats. Then they can have their appearance clauses all they want.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think ROAR just has a problem with Proline. I know that Sanchez runs Kyosho
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #147
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
What am I not getting? Nobody told anyone they couldnt produce or purchase the body of their choosing but if you want to race in a ROAR event, you'll be using an approved body. Not sure what else there is to get?

Lots of posts stating something to the effect that if you want "scale" vehicles, run SC. Newflash, why do you think the class is so fricking popular? ROAR is trying to keep interest, costs, and identity in check with the rule.
Wow, now that is the truth there. Couldn't have said it better madweazl! The SC class erupted when the slash first released! Why? Maybe because the realistic aspect of it appealed to the public along with the cheap pricetag. hmm. Yes, it does actually make sense.

To bring up ROAR, why does everyone think that ROAR is just this 'bully' group trying to boss racers, manufacturers, and events around? Do most of you really think that ROAR is really an organization trying to hurt the RC scene? Do you believe that thats what their out there to do? I dont think their just here to displease racers and manufacturers alike. I dont believe thats their intention one bit. I believe they want to try to make the hobby better. Why would ROAR purposely make rules to piss people off? Not every organization is out there to just make money and piss people off (although there are quite a lot). You dont get into this hobby to make money. That is for sure. You get into this hobby to have fun, to create commorottery with fellow racers, and to just experience racing on an all new level. I dont believe one bit that ROAR is trying to piss people off.

To someone who posted previously, these really arent toy cars. These are miniature scaled racing machines. Do you put thousands and thousands of dollars into toys? Hobbies, yes...toys, no!

With everyone having soo much money into this hobby, guidelines and rules should be set. RC racing has become very competitive and thats why their needs to be some sort of a governing party. Do I agree with this rule? In some aspects, yes and in some, no. Every legit serious hobby or sport has some kind of governing organization to keep things in line. If we wanted RC racing to be this fluke little hobby that people just laugh at, then their would be no governing body.

Just think for one second, just one second, that maybe ROAR is here to 'help' the rc community rather than hurt it. Maybe if some people gave good advice and/or helpful hints rather than just bashing ROAR, then they would consider having every ones opinions in mind. Positive reinforcement rather than taking a bat to their heads!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #148
Tech Addict

I wonder how many of the post here were made by ROAR members? The side taken on the issue does not matter. Why would ROAR listen to non-members?

Yes, I am a member and will be renewing my membership. I think by doing that ROAR listens a little closer.

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #149
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

I agree that I think ROAR in general is trying to do what they think is best for the hobby. Everyone has opinions on what they feel is "best", and often, people don't see eye to eye. Which is why when it comes to things this far reaching, maybe its better to get the voice of the actual ROAR membership to determine what is best for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgear View Post
I wonder how many of the post here were made by ROAR members? The side taken on the issue does not matter. Why would ROAR listen to non-members?

Yes, I am a member and will be renewing my membership. I think by doing that ROAR listens a little closer.

Ed M.
Did ROAR contact you concerning the change? if not, how did they listen to you as a member prior to the decision being made?

This is not meant to be inflammatory, I am genuinely interested to know how ROAR listened to your concerns about this issue from your perspective.

I agree that ROAR is ultimately responsible to its membership, but, at the same time, as someone looking from the outside in and would be considered a potential member, I would like to know how does membership affect decisions like this?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #150
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Assuming its real, I find the comment by Dawn interesting as far as her opinion of the intelligence of people on RCTech, considering there are people who post here on RCTech on a regular basis who are ROAR members as well as manufacturers, etc.
Yeah, Dawn said it....