R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Wheels for Losi 8ight-t 1.0

I have a losi 8ight-t 1.0 and since I am new to the 1/8 scene I have no clue what wheels fit it. I hear things like 17mm hex hubs etc. etc. and I have no idea if that is what I have or ??

Can you let me know what wheel specs fit a stock 8ight-t 1.0 please

Thanks alot guys
-Stephen
quickshot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
Tech Regular

You need 17mm hex wheels with 1/2" offset or you can use wider hexes (1/2") with zero offset wheels.
Donat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Default differences

Can you explain the benefits and differences between using the different offsets

Thank you for your patience

-Stephen
Old 03-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Tech Regular

The half offset wheel package on the 8ight t 1.0 was to widen the track width to the limits of what the rules for the class allow. Running 1/2 inch wider hubs is just so you can run zero offset wheels if you want to but they do tend to put more stress on the outer wheel bearing. There is really no advantage to running the different hubs unless you have some zero offset wheels you want to run on that truck.

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Tech Addict

so for the best handling running the half offsets are best? or are their larger offsets that dont follow the rules...I ask because i like to play at the track but no official racing so being within the rules is really pointless
Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
Tech Prophet

i bought a pair of 2+ wheelbase hubs, with aka city blocks 0 offset is that ok?
will that stress the rear hub bearings more? i dont race at roar events anyways just club racing.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
so for the best handling running the half offsets are best? or are their larger offsets that dont follow the rules...I ask because i like to play at the track but no official racing so being within the rules is really pointless
On your truck the half offsets will work just great, there is no real performance advantage to using 1/2 inch hubs and zero offset wheels unless you have a set of tires on zero offset wheels that are the right tire for your track conditions, then you would want to run the wider hubs, otherwise than that there is no other advantage.

Quote:
will that stress the rear hub bearings more? i dont race at roar events anyways just club racing.
The +2 hubs just add 2 mm to the track width of the truck and are intended to be used with the 1/2 inch offset wheels. Your truck will be more narrow than stock with the zero offset wheels. The hubs should not wear out your hub bearings any quicker but only time will tell.

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:19 AM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post

you really don't get it do you tc5 man ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
Tech Regular

The advantage of using 1/2" hexes is that you can buy premounted tires. I haven't seen tires mounted on wheels with offset yet.

...and when you decide to buy new truck you will not have to throw away the old 1/2" offset wheels (if i'm not mistaken, all new kits use 0 offset wheels).
Donat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider30250 View Post
On your truck the half offsets will work just great, there is no real performance advantage to using 1/2 inch hubs and zero offset wheels unless you have a set of tires on zero offset wheels that are the right tire for your track conditions, then you would want to run the wider hubs, otherwise than that there is no other advantage.

The +2 hubs just add 2 mm to the track width of the truck and are intended to be used with the 1/2 inch offset wheels. Your truck will be more narrow than stock with the zero offset wheels. The hubs should not wear out your hub bearings any quicker but only time will tell.

oh dam dint know that i guess, il put back the stock wheelbase hubs than since im, running the 0 offset rims. i dont want it to be more narrow lol.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #11
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
oh dam dint know that i guess, il put back the stock wheelbase hubs than since im, running the 0 offset rims. i dont want it to be more narrow lol.

Now you Really Dont get it.

Your 1.0T needs to run 1/2" off set wheels OR Run the 1/2" extender's and the Zero offset wheels.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Now you Really Dont get it.

Your 1.0T needs to run 1/2" off set wheels OR Run the 1/2" extender's and the Zero offset wheels.

ok i get it now, so if you run 2+ wheelbase hubs than what offset wheels whould you have to get ? i never messed with this stuff before.