LRP z.28 in Lightning Stadium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP z.28 in Lightning Stadium?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? LRP z.28 in Lightning Stadium?

Just got a z.28 spec 3 for my LSP. Tower price 169. Not to bad.
One quick question i have for anyone who wants to reply: is there a taller motor mount plate for this truggy. I have searched with no success on other peoples setups with this motor.

The problem lies with the pull start. the motor mounts would need to be notched to fit the pull start casing. If they were only 2-3mm taller there would be no problem. Has anyone else had this issue?

Worst case scenerio i will be making my own mount out of 7075 stock, but would like to not go that route and just purchase something that already is deemed to work.

I would like to keep the pull starter in place since i do not have a bump box (yet). Also since i paid for it!

Thanks in advance for any help,
Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

not sure what your talking about but if your trying to raise the motor a little bit just use a couple washers to get the clearance
Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

you problem sounds much like a losi8t 1.0 engine mount where they make one for pull start and one for for bump start.

rather than use washers, make a spacer for the engine to sit on out of some alum flat stock.

the lrp .28 is a badd azz engine that i used in my losi 8t and i am still using one in my savage xl and it huals that heavy truck around just fine. stays tuned and loves to run.

i would go with the lrp.28 again. but they have discontinued tha engine out since they made the newer lrp.30

so get one while you can. -arick
Old 03-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the thoughts, that is kinda what I was assuming,

Talked to AE and to HB and neither suggested any solution beside spacers,
I did find a "hot heads" mount that appears to be thicker than stock but not quite thick enough for my application.

Cant wait to break this sucker in!

For those interested - the hobbytowns near me have a price match with tower hobbies on nitro engines, that is where this one came from - tower price 169.99, one bad muddah for that cost. They have a few left in the case.

Also, anybody run odonnells 30% in this? Have fuel from previous wasp .28, worked well in that motor, figured it would be an animal in this one?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default LRP motor mounts

type this on the search box "LRP motor mounts" I posted this when I got my motor like you just did,it worked out great. but a word of advice, soon you'll find out that the oneway bearing will start messing up after one gallon, it did on mine, I fought it for another gallon (pulled the motor and cleaned the bearing everytime I wanted to go out & drive it) until finally a got the back plate(part#LRP38111)and a Ofna truggy starter box and said gooooood bye to the pull start, much happier now, get yourself a set of good tires that will hook up...'cause you're gonna need'em. this motor is a bad a$$ beast. 30% nitro will work good on it, Byrons Gen2 or Odonnell
Old 03-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks everybody!

So here is what I did -

I had another set of motor mounts (chassis plates) laying around so I decided to just stack two plates on top of each other and use extended bolts to mount the engine, gives it just the correct height for proper gear mesh without going to far. Also since the threads line up on the holes you can mount quite rigid. There was some dremmel action to be had though! had to notch out the engine mount to accomodate the pull start, and also had to notch out the chassis plate just a little so it would sit flat on the engine mount.

Overall not bad, should hold up just like stock, thanks again everyone for your input.
Attached Thumbnails LRP z.28 in Lightning Stadium?-img_0060.jpg   LRP z.28 in Lightning Stadium?-img_0059.jpg   LRP z.28 in Lightning Stadium?-img_0012.jpg  

Last edited by dubyaD; 03-26-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dubyaD
Just got a z.28 spec 3 for my LSP. Tower price 169. Not to bad.
One quick question i have for anyone who wants to reply: is there a taller motor mount plate for this truggy. I have searched with no success on other peoples setups with this motor.

The problem lies with the pull start. the motor mounts would need to be notched to fit the pull start casing. If they were only 2-3mm taller there would be no problem. Has anyone else had this issue?

Worst case scenerio i will be making my own mount out of 7075 stock, but would like to not go that route and just purchase something that already is deemed to work.

I would like to keep the pull starter in place since i do not have a bump box (yet). Also since i paid for it!

Thanks in advance for any help,
OS used to make some engine risers that would fit .21 engines. I seen a few when someone else was trying to use a motor that had a pull start that wouldn't clear in a LSP a few years back. The OS spacers were spot on.