Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Set up question please

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Set up question please

My sons losi 2.0 buggy seems to get real loose comming out of a turn when he gets on throttle, this is his current set up..

Tires bowties
sway bar 2.3 front and rear
diffs 5-7-2
ride height 27front 29 rear
clutch black-carbon/green alumin
13t bell
V spec /w Re11 pipe

would going up on the front sway one size and the center diff to 5 help with this possibly? It does great going into the turn and over the jumps but as he gets on the gas the back end tries to pass the front...thanks for any advice...
Old 03-20-2010, 07:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Some of it could be the BowTies. Try a 5-5-2 set up it worked for me my buggy was the same as your sons and i went to the 5-5-2 and it worked a lot better.Your ride hight sounds good.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mudboger07
My sons losi 2.0 buggy seems to get real loose comming out of a turn when he gets on throttle, this is his current set up..

Tires bowties
sway bar 2.3 front and rear
diffs 5-7-2
ride height 27front 29 rear
clutch black-carbon/green alumin
13t bell
V spec /w Re11 pipe

would going up on the front sway one size and the center diff to 5 help with this possibly? It does great going into the turn and over the jumps but as he gets on the gas the back end tries to pass the front...thanks for any advice...

first try the 14th clutch bell that would, help with the wheelspin when your on power.

i think 5 in the center would defiely help, and also try a longer wheelbase in the rear . yea i think going to a, thicker front sway might help
Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
first try the 14th clutch bell that would, help with the wheelspin when your on power.

i think 5 in the center would defiely help, and also try a longer wheelbase in the rear . yea i think going to a, thicker front sway might help
Ill get a 14t bell monday and try it, and also try going back to 552. but im already as long as i can get the wheel base i think how can i make it longer? the spacers are already in the front of the hub.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mudboger07
Ill get a 14t bell monday and try it, and also try going back to 552. but im already as long as i can get the wheel base i think how can i make it longer? the spacers are already in the front of the hub.

the only other thing you could do, to make the wheelbase longer is getting like 1/2 wheelbase hubs than.

also with the eight buggys you have, to drive them smooth or they will bite you lol. i know i try to drive them hard, and they bite you back, i might try the 5 in the center though maybe, than i can drive it a bit harder.

im talking about the 1.0 buggy by the way.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
the only other thing you could do, to make the wheelbase longer is getting like 1/2 wheelbase hubs than.

also with the eight buggys you have, to drive them smooth or they will bite you lol. i know i try to drive them hard, and they bite you back, i might try the 5 in the center though maybe, than i can drive it a bit harder.

im talking about the 1.0 buggy by the way.
thanks, this is the 2.0 he is running, over the winter i installed the 2mm offset hubs to try to help it, bu I'm starting to think he is trying to drive it to hard. We have another race this saturday and I'm going to have him try to drive it alot smoother to see if it help, I might even try to have one of the pros at the track take it for a spin to see how it drives...
Old 03-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Tires are huge in set up look around to see what tires the fast guys are running then go from there. You can also try putting expo. in your radio for throttle to tame it down.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Sullivan
Tires are huge in set up look around to see what tires the fast guys are running then go from there. You can also try putting expo. in your radio for throttle to tame it down.
Thanks John, I ended up running the bowfighter set up towards the end of the day, it seemed to be the bes tire for the track, that day, and I have -50% expo in the radio already thats why im kinda stumped....lol
Old 03-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Remind him that the throttle trigger is variable and not an on/off switch?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wrencher
Remind him that the throttle trigger is variable and not an on/off switch?
lol I know what ya mean, He has gotten into th e habbit of what I call jabbing the throttle a little to much, Im trying to work witht him on it, most of the time he does very well but it just seems to be coming out of a corner is were he gets to loose, I may have see if I can get one of the pros at the track give him a few pointers to see if that helps, other wise I'll be chassing set up all day long...
Old 03-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Do you have punch on your radio? If so maybe it got adjusted by accident?? I have the same problem I have a problem with being a point and shoot driver and am learning that slower is actually faster and more controlable!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pin2Win
Do you have punch on your radio? If so maybe it got adjusted by accident?? I have the same problem I have a problem with being a point and shoot driver and am learning that slower is actually faster and more controlable!
Thats a good thing to check, He does great on the rest of the track so I guess i need to ork with him on how he uses his throttle finger, I may have o ge thim out of the habbit of taping the throttle when he's in a turn cause I think thats what is messing him up...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

This was happening to me too at the track yesterday,Talked to a few guys there.I'm a nitro newb just looking for advice,when ever i can.Hooked up with a guy who visits this site who really knows his stuff,he says 5 in the center will control that,Also guys what exactly does the punch do.I have seen that setting on my radio,can it control a snappy throttle finger.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

A tire change worked for taming the rear end for me (CityBeams for me). Crossbraces all the way around worked great as well (not sure what the Proline equivalent is). I'm a firm believer in too much steering never being enough Looks like you're running the Drake setup; many of the fast guys favor a loose setup as it is fast if you have the control to run it.

5000 in the center should pull a little bite off the rear tires.

Last edited by madweazl; 03-22-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madweazl
A tire change worked for taming the rear end for me (CityBeams for me). Crossbraces all the way around worked very great as well (not sure what the Proline equivalent is). I'm a firm believer in too much steering never being enough Looks like you're running the Drake setup; many of the fast guys favor a loose setup as it is fast if you have the control to run it.

5000 in the center should pull a little bite off the rear tires.
Thanks for the advice madweazl, I have about 8 sets of tires to choose from so this saturday wel try a few different sets to see what works for that day, I changed the center diff to 5k so hopefully that will help alittle and Im going to try to get a couple of the pros at the track to give him some advice since he prob doesnt want to take it from me..lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.