Community
Wiki Posts
Search

return policy for nitro fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default return policy for nitro fuel?

I spend 3 hours trying to tune my car today before my friend let me use his fuel and it worked just fine! My car was bogging and wouldnt drive like normal. Filled it up, and it worked great. Yes they are the same 20% fuel, just different brands. It has a date on there of the 277th day of 2008. Is that old?

Anyways, do most places exchange fuel if I only used 2 tanks and it didnt work?

thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike881
I spend 3 hours trying to tune my car today before my friend let me use his fuel and it worked just fine! My car was bogging and wouldnt drive like normal. Filled it up, and it worked great. Yes they are the same 20% fuel, just different brands. It has a date on there of the 277th day of 2008. Is that old?

Anyways, do most places exchange fuel if I only used 2 tanks and it didnt work?

thanks
wow that seems old. i always buy my fuel fresh and try to use it fresh
Old 03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

well thanks for that, now i know to look for the date on there. Do you know if they will let me return it?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Who is "they"?

Where/who did you purchase from? If it's a small local shop, they'll probably do something about it.

If it's a HobbyTown, well, you're on your own.

What brand of fuel is it? If it's Byron's, Traxxas, or BlueThunder or even Nitrotane, you have a pretty good chance that the mfg. will issue a refund if the store won't exchange it.

In the correct environment, the fuel can be stored a long time; but if it's been hot/cold/hot/cold and left in the sun, then things go down hill.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mblgjr
Who is "they"?

Where/who did you purchase from? If it's a small local shop, they'll probably do something about it.

If it's a HobbyTown, well, you're on your own.

What brand of fuel is it? If it's Byron's, Traxxas, or BlueThunder or even Nitrotane, you have a pretty good chance that the mfg. will issue a refund if the store won't exchange it.

In the correct environment, the fuel can be stored a long time; but if it's been hot/cold/hot/cold and left in the sun, then things go down hill.
Remote Control Hobbies. It is Nitrotane 20% fuel. If the manufacturer replaces it, I hope they pay for shipping. I'm really bummed because I spent so much time and it was the bad fuel u know?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

wish ya luck and would recommend byrons

i think a lot of people were having problems (including team drivers) because of the same issue you are having .

i also think there is a reason 99.9% of the top fuel brands are using plastic containers

does your local hobby shop go through much fuel?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike881
Remote Control Hobbies. It is Nitrotane 20% fuel. If the manufacturer replaces it, I hope they pay for shipping. I'm really bummed because I spent so much time and it was the bad fuel u know?
where are you from? we have a store thats named that. the owner is retarded, he knows jack about rc
Old 03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
wish ya luck and would recommend byrons

i think a lot of people were having problems (including team drivers) because of the same issue you are having .

i also think there is a reason 99.9% of the top fuel brands are using plastic containers

does your local hobby shop go through much fuel?
Havent had problems with Nitrotane in almost 2 years. The fuel he is using is old and probably contaminated with water. I have seen that happen with pretty much every kind of fuel out there including Byrons.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Havent had problems with Nitrotane in almost 2 years. The fuel he is using is old and probably contaminated with water. I have seen that happen with pretty much every kind of fuel out there including Byrons.
i wouldnt make up brands of fuel having issues and i am glad to hear that you have had great luck with nitrotane as i am sure many others have as well but i have seen many racers have issues with the fuel scott.

i dont just recommend byrons fuel because i am a sponsored driver as i recommended it as an accomplished engine guy long before any sponsorship and have tried many other fuels before i came to my conclusions .

we have already deduced that the fuel is old and probably improperly stored but did it come from horizon or the hobby shop ?

monty

please dont be so defensive
Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

I just bought the fuel today, so it wasn't ME who stored it incorrectly...
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You can try the store first; if that doesn't work, contact Horizon/Losi and tell them the story.

If that still doesn't work report back.

And I'm not sponsored and not pushing anyone's product; but Byron's and Sidewinder are your top 2 fuels on the market. Byron's is great all around and frankly, Sidewinder has finally matched/caught up a little from where they were before.

Nitrotane does have some consistency issues. I'm also of the opinion that after seeing some engines run on it...they're lacking in several areas compared to Byrons and Sidewinder (lube package in general and scavengers; as well as excess nitro acidity/purity).
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Byron
Old 03-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

So they returned it to me for store credit, then I purchased traxxas fuel because that's the only other 20% they had. All the fuel was old even though they just got the shipment so they are shipping all of them back. I'm glad they understood!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Try some Werks fuel if you have access to some. Freshly blended and very affordable for an excellent fuel. One of the problems with buying fuel at a hobby shop is that if they don't move much product then there's a good chance you'll get old fuel. Try buying it direct, often you'll be able to buy it in small enough quantities that will make it affordable, and if you race enough or have some buddies who can go in together with you the full case price will be even better! At least they gave you some store credit, so all is not lost. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i wouldnt make up brands of fuel having issues and i am glad to hear that you have had great luck with nitrotane as i am sure many others have as well but i have seen many racers have issues with the fuel scott.

i dont just recommend byrons fuel because i am a sponsored driver as i recommended it as an accomplished engine guy long before any sponsorship and have tried many other fuels before i came to my conclusions .

we have already deduced that the fuel is old and probably improperly stored but did it come from horizon or the hobby shop ?

monty

please dont be so defensive
If you don't want somebody to get defensive, maybe you shouldn't attack. I think Byrons is a fine product, but he asked about a return policy on nitro fuel. Instead of saying "try going back to where you purchased it" your answer was for him to get a different brand of fuel and went on about problems etc etc. We can go back and forth but I see a lot of questions get asked and instead of somebody answering, they just say.. you should buy ....

Thats all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.