R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default Set up question please

My sons losi 2.0 buggy seems to get real loose comming out of a turn when he gets on throttle, this is his current set up..

Tires bowties
sway bar 2.3 front and rear
diffs 5-7-2
ride height 27front 29 rear
clutch black-carbon/green alumin
13t bell
V spec /w Re11 pipe

would going up on the front sway one size and the center diff to 5 help with this possibly? It does great going into the turn and over the jumps but as he gets on the gas the back end tries to pass the front...thanks for any advice...
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
thenova70ss's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Some of it could be the BowTies. Try a 5-5-2 set up it worked for me my buggy was the same as your sons and i went to the 5-5-2 and it worked a lot better.Your ride hight sounds good.
__________________
CHRIS CREWS
Pro Speed Racing Optima MX1 Buggy http://www.global-hobbies.com.my
Cold Fusion R/C Products Team Driver - www.coldfusionrcproducts.com
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboger07 View Post
My sons losi 2.0 buggy seems to get real loose comming out of a turn when he gets on throttle, this is his current set up..

Tires bowties
sway bar 2.3 front and rear
diffs 5-7-2
ride height 27front 29 rear
clutch black-carbon/green alumin
13t bell
V spec /w Re11 pipe

would going up on the front sway one size and the center diff to 5 help with this possibly? It does great going into the turn and over the jumps but as he gets on the gas the back end tries to pass the front...thanks for any advice...




first try the 14th clutch bell that would, help with the wheelspin when your on power.


i think 5 in the center would defiely help, and also try a longer wheelbase in the rear . yea i think going to a, thicker front sway might help
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
first try the 14th clutch bell that would, help with the wheelspin when your on power.


i think 5 in the center would defiely help, and also try a longer wheelbase in the rear . yea i think going to a, thicker front sway might help
Ill get a 14t bell monday and try it, and also try going back to 552. but im already as long as i can get the wheel base i think how can i make it longer? the spacers are already in the front of the hub.
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboger07 View Post
Ill get a 14t bell monday and try it, and also try going back to 552. but im already as long as i can get the wheel base i think how can i make it longer? the spacers are already in the front of the hub.



the only other thing you could do, to make the wheelbase longer is getting like 1/2 wheelbase hubs than.



also with the eight buggys you have, to drive them smooth or they will bite you lol. i know i try to drive them hard, and they bite you back, i might try the 5 in the center though maybe, than i can drive it a bit harder.

im talking about the 1.0 buggy by the way.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
the only other thing you could do, to make the wheelbase longer is getting like 1/2 wheelbase hubs than.



also with the eight buggys you have, to drive them smooth or they will bite you lol. i know i try to drive them hard, and they bite you back, i might try the 5 in the center though maybe, than i can drive it a bit harder.

im talking about the 1.0 buggy by the way.
thanks, this is the 2.0 he is running, over the winter i installed the 2mm offset hubs to try to help it, bu I'm starting to think he is trying to drive it to hard. We have another race this saturday and I'm going to have him try to drive it alot smoother to see if it help, I might even try to have one of the pros at the track take it for a spin to see how it drives...
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
Tech Adept
 
John Sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 226
Default

Tires are huge in set up look around to see what tires the fast guys are running then go from there. You can also try putting expo. in your radio for throttle to tame it down.
__________________
LEISURE HOURS RACEWAY
John Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sullivan View Post
Tires are huge in set up look around to see what tires the fast guys are running then go from there. You can also try putting expo. in your radio for throttle to tame it down.
Thanks John, I ended up running the bowfighter set up towards the end of the day, it seemed to be the bes tire for the track, that day, and I have -50% expo in the radio already thats why im kinda stumped....lol
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Albany Ga
Posts: 99
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Remind him that the throttle trigger is variable and not an on/off switch?
Wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
Remind him that the throttle trigger is variable and not an on/off switch?
lol I know what ya mean, He has gotten into th e habbit of what I call jabbing the throttle a little to much, Im trying to work witht him on it, most of the time he does very well but it just seems to be coming out of a corner is were he gets to loose, I may have see if I can get one of the pros at the track give him a few pointers to see if that helps, other wise I'll be chassing set up all day long...
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
Tech Master
 
Pin2Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wichita Ks
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Do you have punch on your radio? If so maybe it got adjusted by accident?? I have the same problem I have a problem with being a point and shoot driver and am learning that slower is actually faster and more controlable!
Pin2Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
Do you have punch on your radio? If so maybe it got adjusted by accident?? I have the same problem I have a problem with being a point and shoot driver and am learning that slower is actually faster and more controlable!
Thats a good thing to check, He does great on the rest of the track so I guess i need to ork with him on how he uses his throttle finger, I may have o ge thim out of the habbit of taping the throttle when he's in a turn cause I think thats what is messing him up...
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southeast PA.
Posts: 93
Default

This was happening to me too at the track yesterday,Talked to a few guys there.I'm a nitro newb just looking for advice,when ever i can.Hooked up with a guy who visits this site who really knows his stuff,he says 5 in the center will control that,Also guys what exactly does the punch do.I have seen that setting on my radio,can it control a snappy throttle finger.
The fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

A tire change worked for taming the rear end for me (CityBeams for me). Crossbraces all the way around worked great as well (not sure what the Proline equivalent is). I'm a firm believer in too much steering never being enough Looks like you're running the Drake setup; many of the fast guys favor a loose setup as it is fast if you have the control to run it.

5000 in the center should pull a little bite off the rear tires.
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940

Last edited by madweazl; 03-22-2010 at 06:36 PM.
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
A tire change worked for taming the rear end for me (CityBeams for me). Crossbraces all the way around worked very great as well (not sure what the Proline equivalent is). I'm a firm believer in too much steering never being enough Looks like you're running the Drake setup; many of the fast guys favor a loose setup as it is fast if you have the control to run it.

5000 in the center should pull a little bite off the rear tires.
Thanks for the advice madweazl, I have about 8 sets of tires to choose from so this saturday wel try a few different sets to see what works for that day, I changed the center diff to 5k so hopefully that will help alittle and Im going to try to get a couple of the pros at the track to give him some advice since he prob doesnt want to take it from me..lol
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T1FK05 Set up help!? Onroad Freak Electric On-Road 14 11-01-2007 10:27 AM
Thrust Bearing Question Please TRFTIM Nitro On-Road 26 05-25-2006 06:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net