Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Your truck is moving, very nice!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, my brother's Bully Dog SC8 showed up yesterday, so did my buddy Andy's KMC truck. Another friend ( Adam ) just gave me the cash and wants me to order one up for him today after seeing mine. I also have another friend ( Terry )who I just got into truggy racing this year, and he is already trying to come up with a way to buy one without upsetting his wife.

...not bad considering I just started working on convincing these guys to buy one about a week and a half ago...when they seen mine, it sealed the deal and they were on the phone ordering one.

Another friend ( Corey )is going to make one, but a Kyosho SC-RR, so that will make 7 of us in under 3 weeks jumping on the SC8 train! I wanted one since the first spy photo was released, but bought a buggy and truggy instead because I would have been the only one running the SC8..funny how things can change

We may break in the engines on my brother's truck, and Andy's truck today.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

It's funny how everyone wants a SC8 after they have either see or play with them
Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Your truck is moving, very nice!
Thanks, still have some tuning to do on the bottom end.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

I just got off the phone with Great Hobbies, and ordered the other SC8 ( AE version ). It'll be here in about 3 weeks. I'm excited for these guys!

Once I teach them how to tune the engines, and they practise learning how to tune on the stocker, I'll set them up with Clockwork modded mills so that they can gain a significant boost in power, and speed.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

That's great, I'm stoked to see so many people getting into the 1/8 scale short course trucks. It's always good when it's a bunch of your friends too, make's getting together much easier. Now you just need to talk all your buddies into coming to my friends private track we race on and we would have 11 or 12 out there. Hope to see more purpose built short course tracks coming soon. Then i would race all the time, i just do like all the buggy tracks, racing a sct on those traces isn't to fun for me.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I just got off the phone with Great Hobbies, and ordered the other SC8 ( AE version ). It'll be here in about 3 weeks. I'm excited for these guys!

Once I teach them how to tune the engines, and they practise learning how to tune on the stocker, I'll set them up with Clockwork modded mills so that they can gain a significant boost in power, and speed.
AE should be giving you commission !
Old 05-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That is AWESOME that more people are getting into SC8's!!!....Great Job NitroFreakManHo, I plan on trying the same thing at my track to get more people interested in the SC8. This thing sells itself when people see it in front of their face, and especially if they get to DRIVE one.....Once that happens--THEY'RE HOOKED!!!!....
Old 05-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys!

Well I got to post a video of my SC8, but it's just on the street. I'll be heading to the track tomorrow for the maiden track voyage..I'm amped.

Propelling it is a Clockwork Picco P7R Evo2, I'm running 0.9mm springs on my 4 shoe M2C clutch to tame down the bottom end and help smoothen out the throttle feel. This thing is a missile

NFMH SC8
Old 05-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Looks sweet man, love the orange and black. sounds good too. Can't wait to see some track video. Next weekend i'm racing in the first annual SC8 shootout, so i'll get some video from that, and hopefully i will take first place.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bonghitmike
Looks sweet man, love the orange and black. sounds good too. Can't wait to see some track video. Next weekend i'm racing in the first annual SC8 shootout, so i'll get some video from that, and hopefully i will take first place.

Thanks dude! BEST OF LUCK at the race, I hope you kick some A..

..you asked for track video, so here's one for ya:

I setup my tripod and cam and video taped a lap from several angles at our Club track and whipped up this quick video of my SC8 getting it's race on! This truck is just so fun.

My setup is basically my buggy's suspension setup, with my truggy's diff oil weight. All I had to do to dial it in at the track was play with my ride height to get it to this point, I'm still going to tweak my droop settings to fine tune it, but I'm quite happy with it up to this point.

LMK what you think:
One Lap with NFMH's SC8 Truck @ SORRCC
Old 05-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

I forgot to ask you..did you get the parts I sent you yet ? LMK if you did.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Cool video, looks like your hookin up out there. and yes i just got them last night. thanks again for that stuff.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Thanks buddy..the Switch tires really work well at our track, I can only imagine what a race specific tread like a Caliber would do, but then I'd be giving up the scale looking rubber.

I'm glad that stuff got there finally, I was starting to wonder lol.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

FIRST PLACE in the SC8 shootout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.