Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

great work mike...looks sooooo nice!
Losi XXX-T MF2 - Novak GTB w/Orion Vortec 10.5 *Gone*
Kyosho Inferno ST-RR - LRP Z.28 *Gone*--- Quicks RC/FearFarm
HPI Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm waiting on one of my motors to die so i can get one of those Clockwork .21 JL. Its probably going to go in my buggy since thats the oldest motor i got right now.

Now its time to get the SC8 ready, our next race we are expecting about 15 SC8 to enter this class. About half are coming from out of town but its going to be fun ! I was hoping to be sporting a new body by then but i jsut bought a airbrush and havent had time to practice at all. Dont want to screw up my new body so i think i just run what i got .
Old 04-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #48
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3gt View Post
Awesome!!...on the Adrian Cenni Signature Mike!!...I bet he liked your truck being Orange huh??....LOL....Wish I was close enough to make it to one of those races...
Yeah, he thought it was cool. I guess my wife and I are pretty lucky, we get to go to two races at Speedworld and one at Firebrid. Speedworlds about a hour and a half and Firebird is about a half hour away.

-2010 SC8 Shootout- 1st place winner
bonghitmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #49
Tech Adept

Nitro that engine is screaming, looks fast. still going to call Neal and see if he wants to mod a Go Tech for me. Just ordered it today with a 14 tooth clutch bell and a carbon fiber radio tray.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #50
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonghitmike View Post
Nitro that engine is screaming, looks fast. still going to call Neal and see if he wants to mod a Go Tech for me. Just ordered it today with a 14 tooth clutch bell and a carbon fiber radio tray.
I will gladly do a 25 for you...but believe it or not the 21 will outgunn that 25 really easily !

here is a video of one of my modified Go 25's...this is before I was called Clockwork engines..

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...7493384507285#

the 25 is based more off a sport motor design with a split boost port... with mods we can make it a really strong performer as you can see...but I still feel a 21 has more power to offer across the entire RPM range...

edit... I should add that the 25 ended up being an awesome track engine...it was not as explosive as the .21's, but it had a very effortless torque that allowed you to plant the power very well... There was no jump the engine couldn't make effortlessly nor did it ever get left behind on the straights.... I used the engine quite a bit and did very well with it....One place we did feel it did better then a 21 was when the tracks got a little muddy, the engine did not seem as affected by the mud as the .21's were...Also the 25 was less particular on clutch and pipe setup...the 25 is not strung as high as the .21's, and because of that it seemed very forgiving on pipe and clutch setup.... to make a .21 scream you need to have the clutch and pipe setup dialed...So by no means did you make a bad decision going with the 25.....

Last edited by Maximo; 04-21-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
great work mike...looks sooooo nice!
Thanks man, I see your in AZ so if you ever want to race some other SC8's I have three close friends with them as well, and we have a nice private track to get down on. We might do a big race with others in a month or two, just have to get the lights up and build a drivers stand. we'll have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes $$

Old 04-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info Maximo. That makes me feel better, going to be getting one of the .21 as soon as i have a little extra cash. You have all talked me into trying it out.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #53
Tech Adept

pic of the Cenni signed body

New carbon fiber radio tray

New Go-Tech .25

Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Don't wreck that body Mike!! Time to slap another one on there. I wonder if you motivated him to go and buy an SC8 My brother and one of my friends, each ordered one today! WOOTWOOT!!! That makes 3 now, and I have 2 other friends contemplating it..give them time and they'll crack;-)

Dude, I wish I would have known that you wanted the CF radio tray..I switched my RC8T and RC8 to the plastic unit, so I would have given you the CF tray for nothing. The CF looks awesome, and the only reason I switched is because I wanted the forward battery box, but it's designed for the plastic tray

Well my body, rims, tires and roll cage. I painted the cage silver, but, I just used Parma Faschrome, it looks great, BUT, it scratches WAY too easily Is the paint on your roll bar quite durable, or can you scratch it off with your fingernail?

I also mounted up the Switch tires. I didn't find this to be as big of a PITA as what I'd been reading. I couldn't figure out how you guys were able to glue the 2.2 side last...I ended up doing that side first, and the 3.0 side last, with zero issues. I made a little tutorial and posted it in the doc's thread on the AE forums.

The more this truck comes together, the more excited I get..I can't wait.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #55
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
Don't wreck that body Mike!! Time to slap another one on there.

Going to get one A.S.A.P.

My brother and one of my friends, each ordered one today! WOOTWOOT!!! That makes 3 now, and I have 2 other friends contemplating it..give them time and they'll crack;-)

Its a plague with my friends as well, we have five in a close group of us, and three more thinking about it

Dude, I wish I would have known that you wanted the CF radio tray..I switched my RC8T and RC8 to the plastic unit, so I would have given you the CF tray for nothing.

I'm building one for my wife too, so I'll take it if you want to send it to me. I'll be more than happy to pay shipping

I painted the cage silver, but, I just used Parma Faschrome, it looks great, BUT, it scratches WAY too easily Is the paint on your roll bar quite durable, or can you scratch it off with your fingernail?

No, but i used good paint and scuffed the cage before i painted it. Also used three coats, but it will still scratch. Take some pics and go have fun

I also mounted up the Switch tires. I didn't find this to be as big of a PITA as what I'd been reading.

I also had no problems mounting the tires.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Just PM me your address, I can send it out to you, and don't worry about shipping, I can't see a small piece of CF costing me a pile of money to ship it. So it's yours if you need it
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #57
Tech Apprentice

Default Dont Drool on yourselves!!!

Pro-Line Calibers on stock rims, Factory Team wheel hubs(little wider stance) and CNC Chassis Braces, A,B,C,D plates, Steering Mod, Big Bores.
The Mighty LRP ZR.30X with JP-1 pipe and header. 17/44 gears. Getting 6 to 6 1/2 minutes run time with 8.5 venturi. (throttle control!!)

This badboy rips and will SMOKE you!!!
The tracks I race on are pretty big with big air. If anyone wants to race at a big event check out RCSIGNUP.COM and look for ARRCOR SHOWDOWN. Its the Soutwest Showdown race in Albuqurque, NM on the weekend of May 15th. They will have a pretty large SC8 class with two heats per round hopefully. Come race the PUNISHER if you dare!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #58
Tech Adept

Sorry camping that weekend and don't make it out to New Mexico very often, or ever, but if your ever in the Phoenix area and want to come play on really nice private track you just let me know.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnyrc51 View Post

If anyone wants to race at a big event check out RCSIGNUP.COM and look for ARRCOR SHOWDOWN. Its the Soutwest Showdown race in Albuqurque, NM on the weekend of May 15th. They will have a pretty large SC8 class with two heats per round hopefully. Come race the PUNISHER if you dare!!!!
I think i talked with over on the RC10 forums before, but the showdown is my home track. Been working on getting a new body and tires for my SC8 but might have to roll with what i got.
See ya in a couple weeks !
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Yes Ill be there!!! The whole Amarillo SC8 crew is comin to. I wish Saxton would come again, that was fun racin with him last year. Ive been talkin some freindly trash to Scott S!!!! He said hes still gonna punt me!!!