Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our Wives/Spouses just dont understand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My wife HATES this sh!t.....I mean really hates it. I come home from work, got right in the hobby room, race, and right back in the hobby room.

Now receipt wise, from the LHS he knows GJ don't take receipts out the store, if I buy a servo or radio and have a problem with it, he can go back and print the receipt out. Now I don't hide everything from the wife, shes not stupid. When there's a big ass box on the porch, she ask how much was that. I tell her ummm oh this - this is free stuff I'm testing. hehehehe....... Big stuff like a new race roller or radio I tell her Im getting cause that take a big chunk of change.

The key to my relationship, is when i do finally come upstairs, I hug her and talk to her about her, I "listen" to her daily life's stories, she don't know I'm still on the RC forums on my iphone. hehehehe....... her biggest problem with the whole RC things is TIRES..................They just cost way to much, and you go through 2 or 3 sets a weekend Big Race..
Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My wife is pretty cool about it now, in the beginning not so much though
Old 03-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Oh you youngins....

You have to use reverse psychology on them.

"Honey, come to the races with me. I know its dirty and we'll be there all day, but the snack bar has great hot dogs and chips." "You could help me clean and prep my cars in between rounds, It'll be fun!"

"What?"

"You don't want to go?"

"Its my track friends huh? You don't like my track friends..." No?

"Is it me???" You don't like me anymore, you don't want to be with me..."

After that..... She'll understand.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I race for the comp. and to get away from work stress and to relax. She doesnt go to many races but supports me going, if racing is slow she starts asking my freinds isnt there a race coming up? ( maybe im grumpy if i dont race) lol. I keep her in the loop when im getting ready to order parts and stuff. I do alot with my family, coaching and just spending quality time with them. We do plan around racing and games. I always invite them to the track to hang out or help. after my wife pitted my freind and let me run out of fuel in pit lane she said she is better off watching, i just laughed. Again racing should be fun. So after 15 plus years racing she is still there for me.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm one of the lucky ones as well My wife supports me and my hobby. I club race one or two times a week and we travel several times a year so I can race NITRO. She will also buy me a new kit, pit bag and or RC garb for Christmas and my birthday every year. She has told me that some day we are going to take a vacation without an RC race involved.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

well my wife just started going to races with me, we have a out of town race this weekend and she said she would go with as long as we got a hotel with a pool!! i go race and she goes swimmin. when she actually goes to watch the race all she says is why do you always break your cars, then she asks.....how much is that going to be to fix
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Oh you youngins....

"Honey, come to the races with me. I know its dirty and we'll be there all day, but the snack bar has great hot dogs and chips." "You could help me clean and prep my cars in between rounds, It'll be fun!"

"What?"

"You don't want to go?"

NO my wife just say, I dont like the freakin dirt
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

my girlfriend (future wife) likes that i have a hobby that im passionate about and comes to watch some of the races too....she claims she likes it and thinks it really cool.....im afraid like all new relationships in the beginning its all good and ok, but i just hope it never becomes an issue....i guess time will tell and like i told her the day i met her i race nitro rc cars this is what i do i just hope she never makes me choose between her or nitro!!! lol that may be tough to decide? lol
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Oh you youngins....

"What?"

"You don't want to go?"

Racecrafter thats some funny stuff!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My wife does and always has. I just told her im getting back into RC she said "really!!! thats cool, you always did love that"
Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I know she would rather for me to race rc cars rather than hanging out in bars and doing other things you know what I mean guys
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I race real cars and also RC cars.....she rather see me race RC's....not to many people die behind the wheel of an RC...lol
Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I to am a luck one! My wife loves this hobby almost as much as i do. Shes always askin if everthing is ready for the race, did i forget anything.She is also my pit person, and i wouldent have it any other way! Its funny going to new tracks where we dont know any one, shes sittin in pit lane fuel bottle in hand, all the guys are looking at her like wtf are you doin here. Then she grabs my buggy, flips it on the rail, fuels up, flips back down, and looks at the guys like.....What.....I couldent find another like her if i tried
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jay317
I know she would rather for me to race rc cars rather than hanging out in bars and doing other things you know what I mean guys
I tried that already. Didnt work for me.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My wife is completely cool with it, she doesn't say a word. We both have spearate bank accounts that we use for our "play" money. We set it up so that a certain ammount goes into these 2 accounts every payday and that's our money to do whatever we want with. We both get an equal ammount so there's no need or reason to question what the other person is spending. If I spend it all, I have to wait until next payday. We don't touch our main account or savings, ever. It works out great and we've never had a fight over money since we started this a few years ago. I bought my motorcycle with my play money. All of my rc racing comes out of it, anything I need for wakeboarding or the boat. Heck, just this week I bought a new Nova motor, competition heat heater, and just bought a 1/10 electric truck to run at the new indoor track that's opening. All she said was cool. I've also been out of town racing 3 times in the last 2 months and she hasn't said anything about that either.
Heck, she must be cheating on me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.