Our Wives/Spouses just dont understand?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our Wives/Spouses just dont understand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Our Wives/Spouses just dont understand?

This is a addictive hobby/sport and when our spouse find receipts laying around with $100 and more purchases on it and you told her you didn't have any money(oops) and your up all night working on your vehicle and they get mad ,is it just me or do you guys go through the same thing let's hear
Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yup, that sums up a lot of people's reality. I make a big effort to secure those receipts to minimize damage.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

lol.........of course I go through it.....I will spend an afternoon with my cars, then go race, then come home and do it all over again.........There is a fine line I found..........just make an attempt to give them your un-divided attention THEN go to work on your gear, let them know they are priority over a hobby. I love my wife, that's all that matters to her really, she used to get fired up over it, but not really anymore......she know's Im serious about it, so she respects that.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
lol.........of course I go through it.....I will spend an afternoon with my cars, then go race, then come home and do it all over again.........There is a fine line I found..........just make an attempt to give them your attention, let them know they are priority over a hobby. I love my wife, that's all that matters to her really, she used to get fired up over it, but not really anymore.
+1 on make them feel like they are more important than the rc. That's huge. They actually look at the rc as competition. I have Jo idea why. I know it was in my case once she believed that all was good. It did take some effort on my part to get it done. That's just the way women are. My buddy calls it womens logic - there is no logic.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default wife

with me everything was fine untill i remodeled the second bathroom and she was wondering why i was building a work bench with shelving and a computor desk lol, i am always broke after the ups man comes but she says that she loves me thats all that counts and by the way you can guess where my receipts go
Attached Thumbnails Our Wives/Spouses just dont understand?-jerryspics633.jpg   Our Wives/Spouses just dont understand?-jerryspics634.jpg  

Last edited by teamlosi906; 03-18-2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: pics
Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My wife looked up the cost on all my stuff and realized I have more cash spent on RC than I did for her ring. Oh well after 10yrs she knows I can't do anything half ass.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

I'm just a lucky guy, my wife supports my RC habit and doesn't get upset when I spend money on it so long as in her mind I could justify the cost (I needed the tires for the track conditions honey, nothing I had was going to work). She even came out to my first race this season in freezing cold conditions to help me out and support me, she even was going to volunteer to be my pitman if I couldn't find someone else.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

yup same here.. what i have done is spend "family time" until my 2 year old daughter goes to bed around 700-800.. then it is game on for rc stuff... that is how me any my wife came to the happy medium.... if i have many races to attend then i get a special work pass from her in advance for extra time to wrench, paint and break in engines... but i give up several days after the weekend for all night family time.... seems to work very well for us.. jeremy
Old 03-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My wife is pretty cool with it. She hooks me up when my funds go dry! She understands how I operate. I was and still am into street bikes so this hobby(addiction) is way cheaper than bike parts! All in all I couldnt ask for a better woman! Gotta spend the family time tho but we always have fun!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamlosi906
with me everything was fine untill i remodeled the second bathroom and she was wondering why i was building a work bench with shelving and a computor desk lol, i am always broke after the ups man comes but she says that she loves me thats all that counts and by the way you can guess where my receipts go
thats awesome! hahah and if you havta poop you dont even havta leave the room... all your missing is a mini fridge.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am also one of the lucky ones. My girl is great, she even races. We schedule out of town races as vacations. She can also pit with the best of them. She helped me build my RC shop, she knows exactly what I spend, she even buys the stuff and surprises me.
I do not mean to gloat but I really do fell lucky. I have seen some relationships really struggle because of this Hobby

Did I mention she likes to watch Monster Jam, Supercross, Offroad Racing, Dirt Oval Racing and Football
Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scwrod
I am also one of the lucky ones. My girl is great, she even races. We schedule out of town races as vacations. She can also pit with the best of them. She helped me build my RC shop, she knows exactly what I spend, she even buys the stuff and surprises me.
I do not mean to gloat but I really do fell lucky. I have seen some relationships really struggle because of this Hobby

Did I mention she likes to watch Monster Jam, Supercross, Offroad Racing, Dirt Oval Racing and Football
Damn dude shes a keeper!!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree, I just don't want to mess it up with paperwork
Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Ya sometimes that changes things!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Awesome.....does she have a sister hahahaha, My wife is pretty understanding, she doesn't care about the time spent and doesn't really mind the money( I do hide some receipts though) but I wish I could get her more invalved. I've offered to buy her a slash or whatever she wants but no luck, and getting her to go to a race with me is like pulling teeth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.