R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic

as long as i dont use brake cleaner in the kitchen too much my wife is ok as I never tell her about how much I really spend on RC
Sakura Zero S - LRP Quantum, Saturn 20T
KoPropo Eurus
wallot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My wife told me if I spent another dime on racing she was leaving me ,,,, man I miss her ! LOL!! now I just have wifes for a night !! works so much better!
rc racer 103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man some of you guys got it hard. My wife is the most understanding person there is. She not only supports my hobby,she also helps me alot of the time and even goes to a race here and there. We talk about everything I buy but I also make sure there is enough cash for a new hair job or shoes lol! She likes the cars better then when I flew helis. One good heli crash can cost anywhere from $300.00 to well over $1000.00 so cars seem very cheap to her hehehhe.

As someone else said always make time for her and do not get nitro fuel on the oak kitchen TABLE!!! don't ask how I know that one!
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #49
Tech Apprentice

I'm trying to get her into it,we'll see but she is pretty good about it,but i have been going to the hobby shop alot lately.I tell these are must have parts so the car will be indestructible HA HA.She actually asked me if i was ever gonna race my RC10 again,i told her those cars were a thing of the past.So really she might be the reason for this nitro madness i got myself into.There is no turning back now.
The fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #50
Tech Adept

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I dare say I'm the luckiest (married) rc lover on here! My wife, Kelly, and I have been racing truggy for 4 yrs., and she's only missed 2 or 3 races max! She's my pit "guy", my time-keeper, engine tuner (yes, she can!), and the crazy chic on pit row screaming obscenities at the top of her lungs when I drive like sh!+ !

She has at times, pulled back on the rains when money was tight, but I've also received cell calls at work from her saying "hey babe, I'm at the hobby shop, do we need clutch-shoes, or fuel, etc." How many of you can say THAT?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
My wife HATES this sh!t.....I mean really hates it. I come home from work, got right in the hobby room, race, and right back in the hobby room.

Now receipt wise, from the LHS he knows GJ don't take receipts out the store, if I buy a servo or radio and have a problem with it, he can go back and print the receipt out. Now I don't hide everything from the wife, shes not stupid. When there's a big ass box on the porch, she ask how much was that. I tell her ummm oh this - this is free stuff I'm testing. hehehehe....... Big stuff like a new race roller or radio I tell her Im getting cause that take a big chunk of change.

The key to my relationship, is when i do finally come upstairs, I hug her and talk to her about her, I "listen" to her daily life's stories, she don't know I'm still on the RC forums on my iphone. hehehehe....... her biggest problem with the whole RC things is TIRES..................They just cost way to much, and you go through 2 or 3 sets a weekend Big Race..
That is Too Funny!!
dannyg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

My wife use to complain that I had too many cars - I kept them all in the same place. Now I paint them all using the same paint scheme and make sure they are never together. I leave my cars in different places in the house and I am always moving them around. Now she thinks I have one car.

She is okay with it.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #53
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlosi906 View Post
with me everything was fine untill i remodeled the second bathroom and she was wondering why i was building a work bench with shelving and a computor desk lol, i am always broke after the ups man comes but she says that she loves me thats all that counts and by the way you can guess where my receipts go
Has to be the funniest thing I've ever read.
BishopRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
My wife use to complain that I had too many cars - I kept them all in the same place. Now I paint them all using the same paint scheme and make sure they are never together. I leave my cars in different places in the house and I am always moving them around. Now she thinks I have one car.

She is okay with it.
Now this is funny stuff.

My wife use to complain about the money and time I spent on rc. Now I spend more time with her. I usually wrench about 1 day out the week. We talk about the rc and I listen to talk about whatever. I love my rc and use to spend alot of money on whatever. I still do spend the money but she dont see. We did just started doing the split bank account and using the joint account for bills and we have a seperate savings. She see the UPS, USPS, Fedex guy alot but she know the bills are paid and we are fine until I was working on the oak dinning room table and spilled fuel on it it took the clear coat right off . I thought it was funny. I heard it for about 2 weeks. I am trying to get her to come to races with me.
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #55
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

guys, the biggest key to success on this note I have found is this:

Be a good plumber and lay PLENTY of pipe before you race, then all is well
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #56
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post

LMAO
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post

Thats always the biggest success. It will help you out day to day.
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Quote:

She is okay with it.
If you have ever "camouflaged" your cars to hide their numbers from your wife, you might be an RC junky!!!! LMFAO!

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8 View Post
Man some of you guys got it hard. My wife is the most understanding person there is. She not only supports my hobby,she also helps me alot of the time and even goes to a race here and there. We talk about everything I buy but I also make sure there is enough cash for a new hair job or shoes lol! She likes the cars better then when I flew helis. One good heli crash can cost anywhere from $300.00 to well over $1000.00 so cars seem very cheap to her hehehhe.

As someone else said always make time for her and do not get nitro fuel on the oak kitchen TABLE!!! don't ask how I know that one!
Are you racing again this year? I heard you got fed up and went back to helis?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm one of the lucky ones. It use to be a me thing only. Then, we turned it into a family thing. My Lady, was one of the first to come out racing. Even the young guys girl friends hadn't been coming. And, over the last years series, more and more wives, children, and girlfriends, have come to support us racers.

My son, has even made friends with others children and at some tracks, even looks forward to going. (A great tool to use in keeping grades up in school)

And, we have new friends, and even meet as a family on off race days.

If I had any advice, I would make sure you pack a cooler, buy your Lady her "Own" chair, make sure you have a canopy, and include her / them in the day.

100 % success rate - so far

Honey:
Remember ... One tick down is to the right and One tick up is to the left - top is the high side - bottom is the low side!

Lefty loosey righty tighty

Love you honey