R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

wow you guys that have wife's that don't mind are a rare bread LOL, my wife hates anything RC with a passion and I think always will. I even bought a TC3 for my 6 year old daughter and told her look I will take her with me when I go race and that way she's out of the house and you can go out. But that didn't even work she said I should have used that money to sign her up another sport of something.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtrax View Post
wow you guys that have wife's that don't mind are a rare bread LOL, my wife hates anything RC with a passion and I think always will. I even bought a TC3 for my 6 year old daughter and told her look I will take her with me when I go race and that way she's out of the house and you can go out. But that didn't even work she said I should have used that money to sign her up another sport of something.
ahahahahaha - I hear the exact same message - I should use the money to put the boys in something........ I say they are in something, my 16 pits for me and my 12 have a D8 so what the problem.......
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am pretty lucky myself. She doesnt really ever stay anythink about me racing. I think it is because I use to travel so much playing hockey I mean every weekend there was a hockey tournament I was going to. Then I had brain surger and that was the end of hockey for me. So now im not gone half as much as I was she really doesnt care. As for the money I was spending three times as much for hockey equatment so she really doesnt care it is pretty nice.

Team Associated B4.1 reedy 8.5, R10 Pro
Team Associated T4.1 OHP 17.5, Tekin RS
Team Associated B44.1 reedy 6.5, R10 Pro
smittyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
My wife has very demanding and consuming activities in her life as well so she can relate to the passion. She does not confuse quality time with quantity of time. I ride bikes, mod real cars, play paintball she does not mind any of it.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Tell her since she doesnt like your hobby of R/C you will choose another one, like drag racing, and ask her how does she think you can afford to get everything you need for it?

She will beg you to race R/C by the end of that conversation if you play it right
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

If my wife knew 1/10th of what I spent on RC, both in terms of time and money, I'd be in a lot more trouble than I usually am. She's usually pretty cool about it - until I wrench on her granite countertops. Oh well...
305M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I think the reason my wife is ok with it all is because of all the years she traveled with me racing dirt bikes. She's hauled me to the hospital, she's sat there and cried while paramedics were peeling me up off the track, she's nursed me back to health. She went through hell with me for all those years and sacrificed a lot. We completely missed the college partying years. We never took a vacation, we never did anything. It was 100% racing and school. Heck, racing came first most of the time. We'd skip school to make it to a big race. RC racing is a huge relief for her compared to where I came from. She get's to stay home and relax now. Nothing to worry about, no injuries, she doesn't need to be there for me to practice, no more stop watch, no more videos, no more fake smiles like she enjoys being there. I can do whatever I want with her as long as I never get on a dirt bike again. If I mention that I miss it, the devil comes out. She hates that sport because of what I put myself through to participate in it.
pickle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My wife is pretty cool about it. She doesnt know what I spend all the time but I also dont know how much she spends on her hobby. Our 3rd bedroom is half RC stuff and Half jewelry and metals making stuff. Years ago she would give me crap about it but now, when spring time comes, she knows what Im doing on sundays.
Baby Car!!!!!!!
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
I think the reason my wife is ok with it all is because of all the years she traveled with me racing dirt bikes. She's hauled me to the hospital, she's sat there and cried while paramedics were peeling me up off the track, she's nursed me back to health. She went through hell with me for all those years and sacrificed a lot. We completely missed the college partying years. We never took a vacation, we never did anything. It was 100% racing and school. Heck, racing came first most of the time. We'd skip school to make it to a big race. RC racing is a huge relief for her compared to where I came from. She get's to stay home and relax now. Nothing to worry about, no injuries, she doesn't need to be there for me to practice, no more stop watch, no more videos, no more fake smiles like she enjoys being there. I can do whatever I want with her as long as I never get on a dirt bike again. If I mention that I miss it, the devil comes out. She hates that sport because of what I put myself through to participate in it.
I hear you, I used to race Enduros and GNCCs, AND drag race!
She realizes this is a relatively cheap hobby and quite safe as well!
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Word of advice guys GET THEM INVOLVED IN A RELIGION and they will leave you alone .A mate of mine had the same problem took his mrs to a church and now she leaves him alone and wont say a thing about racing .lol
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hyperc10

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlosi906 View Post
with me everything was fine untill i remodeled the second bathroom and she was wondering why i was building a work bench with shelving and a computor desk lol, i am always broke after the ups man comes but she says that she loves me thats all that counts and by the way you can guess where my receipts go
I saved this pic for my wallpaper this is some funny sh*t!!! A :Toilet in the hobby room
hyperc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hyperc10

My wife and I also do this I have my money and she has hers. separate accounts and equal amounts.She's even going to my first Pro race of the season with the kids.But,it wasn't always this way.The first year was HELL!!!!
hyperc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Lol this thread is turning into a 'this is how I handle my wife and my Rc car' lol but ferreal it's helping me out cause I have issues neglecting my fiancée when it comes to going out and driving. I think from what I read ppl just pretend to listen to there wives but think of there buggy haha
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Lol this thread is turning into a 'this is how I handle my wife and my Rc car' lol but ferreal it's helping me out cause I have issues neglecting my fiancée when it comes to going out and driving. I think from what I read ppl just pretend to listen to there wives but think of there buggy haha
exactly!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #45
Tech Addict

My wife thinks I love my buggy more than I love her.....if she only knew...lol
O'Donnell, D.I.R.T. R/C ultimate Tire Gluer
Jeremy Davis
jammin32j is offline   Reply With Quote