R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #46
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
its funny how you guys seem to forget about THE fastest truck out there, why??? its a design that's still winning/TQ'ing @ major events......the Kyosho ST-RR is a GREAT arena truck..............If it's still capable of TQ'ing Silverstate against all the current new school trucks that say's A LOT. I think the Kyosho ST-RR should at least be mentioned and put at the TOP of your list's.
Trevor has a great point here that everyone seems to be ignoring! Is that why kyosho hasn't come out with a new truck yet..No threats in compitition? Maybe kyoshos truck already incorperated all these "upgrades/features" that all these companies are doing.how sneaky kyosho... long chassis..lightened drive train..BB's...if we slap a new "sperm body" on it then it will be just like the rest When I had my ST-RR it was a great platform! And the qualitiy is amazing along with the drivability! But i got rid of it cause I didnit race and scaled down to a crt.5 If i had to do it agian I would get a st-rr/801xt/or x2 crt
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #47
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

As for losi servo issues it is all in setup. Granted if you use crappy servos nothing will make them last in any truggy. These trucks need some serious servo power(Hitec 7955 if using nimh batteries and 7940/7950 if using lipo). I can say in all honesty I have NEVER had one servo failure in my losi vehicles and I have been running them for a long time now. If you use good servos(check above) and set your linkages, end points and servo saver correctly they will last no problem.

Now as for the sloppy "worn out" plastics, they just seem to thrive off of it. Everyone that has run a losi knows they are better when they are sloppy, or "worn out" to some people. Don't worry about the sloppy plastics, just run the truck and run it hard. One advantage to having soft plastic is that it is nearly indestructible.

Go LOSI! and get your $150 back!
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #48
Tech Champion
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,218
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_18mt View Post
Trevor has a great point here that everyone seems to be ignoring! Is that why kyosho hasn't come out with a new truck yet..No threats in compitition? Maybe kyoshos truck already incorperated all these "upgrades/features" that all these companies are doing.how sneaky kyosho... long chassis..lightened drive train..BB's...if we slap a new "sperm body" on it then it will be just like the rest When I had my ST-RR it was a great platform! And the qualitiy is amazing along with the drivability! But i got rid of it cause I didnit race and scaled down to a crt.5 If i had to do it agian I would get a st-rr/801xt/or x2 crt
+1

Kyosho is the KEY
__________________
RC10-B6d | RC10-B64d
SmacTrac
#WeAreAE #ReedyPower #AE4Life
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #49
Tech Apprentice
 
mudslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wow so much information. Now I've got too much to think about. I should have mentioned that my lhs closed last month so that is a major consideration for me. I don't want to order a truck that is hard to find parts for. I have never even looked at the kyosho so I guess I'll go check it out. It's interesting to me that someone called the CEN a tank. I really like the way it handled, but like I said I'm coming from a t-maxx... I guess it's all driving style I was used to slinging the maxx around so that's the way I drove the CEN too. One of our club members has been trying to get me to learn the point and shoot style and I see that it is faster, but just making myself do it is the hard part.
mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
Wow so much information. Now I've got too much to think about. I should have mentioned that my lhs closed last month so that is a major consideration for me. I don't want to order a truck that is hard to find parts for. I have never even looked at the kyosho so I guess I'll go check it out. It's interesting to me that someone called the CEN a tank. I really like the way it handled, but like I said I'm coming from a t-maxx... I guess it's all driving style I was used to slinging the maxx around so that's the way I drove the CEN too. One of our club members has been trying to get me to learn the point and shoot style and I see that it is faster, but just making myself do it is the hard part.
haha no wonder you thought the cen was a dream ride, that will definatly happen coming from a monster truck! If you thought the cen handled awsome..you in for a real treat Deff. check out the kyosho! or a 801xt
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #51
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penalty Box
Posts: 870
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
its funny how you guys seem to forget about THE fastest truck out there, why??? its a design that's still winning/TQ'ing @ major events......the Kyosho ST-RR is a GREAT arena truck..............If it's still capable of TQ'ing Silverstate against all the current new school trucks that say's A LOT. I think the Kyosho ST-RR should at least be mentioned and put at the TOP of your list's.
i totally agree!!!! its a mental note that i think everyone should now, lol. when i mention Mugen, im also talking about Kysoho and X-Ray....depending on the application there are a few other top notch brands out there. maybe be a lil pricey but engineering, quality and durability make it worht it IMO. When i owned traxxas vehicles i had enough spare parts to build 2-3 other vehicles. i have ONE bag of parts for my MBX5T. like stated in another previous post here, if it doesnt break you dont have to worry bout spares. and if ur lhs doesnt have product support u can always order online
Jusleanit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #52
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 83
Default

I have to say, go mugen, I have seen the mugen 6ts wear out feilds, Kyoshos are a nasty platform but have tendancy to be hard to set up, they dont turn in unless you really know what youre doing, 6ts are very light and very fast, even in the hands of a beginer, I race a 5t with a bce chassis the 6t big bores, the 6t front end on it, it is a 6t that has over eatin lol, ther 6ts are a full pound lighter then the previous design, if you can swing it, go mugen, the parts dont wear out as fast as losi, and they are easy to drive, you have to really wheel a losi, but with a mugen not so much, you dont have to go balls to the wall to be fast, but in all honesty, all the trucks now days are the same basic platform so it is all about preference
macrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #53
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

ST-RR has awsome turn in! Wierd mine wasnt a nasty platform? Turned real well too..weird Hey a word of advice....go for what ever you like and dont look back all are good
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #54
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_18mt View Post
Hey a word of advice....go for what ever you like and dont look back all are good
+1
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:59 AM   #55
Tech Apprentice
 
mudslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

To me you can go to far with making a truck lighter. If it's too light then you start to lose traction. I think I actually prefer a truck that is a little heavier, I think it fits my not so precise driving style better.
mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #56
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

the the D8T is perfect for you lol or the jammin X2
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #57
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

[QUOTE=jmaxey51;7162014]the the D8T is perfect for you lol or the jammin X2[/QUOT

+1 x2
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #58
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Simple:
-Get what you easily buy parts for.
-It may seem cool to have something no one else has but being new to 1/8th you are gonna need setup tips and what not having something other local fast guys have will help as they can give you tips on what works and what doesn't
-Go To the Track look around ask to check the cars out look at the quality of the cars you're interested in and check parts availability.
-Most Important of All Put her together and go have fun

Also all the Trucks mentioned in this thread a great trucks each have their strengths and weaknesses.
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which truggy? X2crt pro kit or MBX6T m spec or Xray XT8? Sexytoy.com.sg Singapore R/C Racers 28 11-06-2009 10:32 PM
which truggy motor???????? Applesauce Nitro Off-Road 28 03-13-2009 09:51 AM
Which Truggy??? ANX Singapore R/C Racers 32 03-10-2009 01:32 AM
Which Truggy? rookieB Nitro Off-Road 28 10-03-2008 11:54 PM
Which truggy engine? Tbone Revo Nitro Off-Road 25 06-17-2008 05:17 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net