R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
A thicker center diff will transfer even more power to the rear under acceleration.
This will probably help. I have tried 5k in the center diff on 3 different buggies and it made all of them loose. My theory is that without at least a certain amount of drive from the center diff you don't properly load the rear tires. Also try going up one weight on the rear shocks, if I remember the Truhe setup has a really light rear end.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What tires do you run? I'm surprised no one mentioned trying a softer rear sway bar. Also have you tried more rear toe in. Keep your set up changes simple at first.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN View Post
What tires do you run? I'm surprised no one mentioned trying a softer rear sway bar. Also have you tried more rear toe in. Keep your set up changes simple at first.

Truhe's setup is already running the 2.3 sway in the rear, but going to a 2.5 sway in the front would do the same thing a softer rear sway bar would do.

-Bo
Johnson Racing Team #94
Blue Groove R/C Apparel
Rccna Racing Team
Team Losi
NuthinFancy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

need to ask cornerspeed to post his setup on this site for you his losi is dialed i no longer run the losi 2.0 but know that 5-5-5 will tame the back end +2mm rear hexes and the aluminum rear toe block with the inserts to make 4deg. toe in is what i ran and the car was hooked up with the right tires for the track if you are not running the right tires for the track you are on then car will never feel right also clutch is very important on loose tracks even the pros will switch to green and black springs to let the clutch engage quicker to take some of the bottom end pop out of the car. if none of this works then go to the smart center diff. that will also fix the problem but it sounds like tire selection is off buggy is one of the most planted out there
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I forgot to mention steel flywheel that helps too.
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey thanks for all the help everyone going to go out and try some things tomorrow, want to do things one at a time so I hope to have enough time

5k rear diff
steel flywheel
all green clutch springs
Throttle expo
+2mm rear hexes
softer rear shock oil
Play around with tires......I have been using Ibeams

After that.....mess around with center diff and swaybars this weekend!

I hope this flipn thing hooks!

Thanks.....871
Show871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If all else fails, pitch your wing some more.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You can also move the rear camber link out 1 hole in the hubs. check your camber too. if the track is loose but not rutted you can run 1/2 to 1 degree. if its has a little bit of rut action 1-2 degrees. if its really rutted, 2 to 2.5 will do good for you. or grab a shovel on an off day and fix the track
be carefull with going to a really thick rear diff oil. it will cause slow rotation in the turns and also be twitchy (load and unload durring cornering). I run on 4 different tracks and have a base setup of 5/7/2 for diffs, 3t/3a rear pin holder and I still run the box setup for shock oil. I only change it to 20wt in the winter when its below 40 degrees. good luck
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

do you check the ride height often ..it can change a good bit everytime you get on the track ..i tried to read through and see if any one had suggested checking it ..but it is one of the most critical things to be aware of ...for common track people run on 29mm rear and 27mm front is the norm ..also try as some have said to run your camber in the rear at 2 degrees negative ....i went from 2k to 3k in the rear at the recent psycho blast in the atl ..it greatly helped me get some more traction in the dusty loose parts of the track ..also depending on your radio try running the expo on the throttle down to like -30 and adjust from there ...as a few here have said it WILL tame the rear end down a good bit ....

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:20 AM   #25
Tech Addict

seeing as though everyone is going in all other directions about his problem.

ima say less toe-out on front which will make him less erratick on steering.

and TRY 4 DEGREES TOE IN ON THE REAR. this will really tame your rear end.

then work from there. i have the xray xb808 and i have 352 diffs no problem with rear end.

also if you drive too fast into corners you need to learn how to fenness the throttle and cornering.
downunder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:25 AM   #26
Tech Regular

what chassis braces are you running?
Jaf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:45 AM   #27
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

5/5/5 seems like it would be odd.

I wonder how many people have tried this. I am going to try that diff set up for the next club race.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:45 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
5/5/5 seems like it would be odd.

I wonder how many people have tried this. I am going to try that diff set up for the next club race.
5-5-5 in the diff's seems odd? In my 2.0 I run 7-5-7 and the car is planted in the rear, if i need more turn in off power but the car feels good in the bumps and jumps, I don't want to mess with the shock set up, so I drop the front down to 5K, I always run 7K in the rear! everywhere I race!! and only ever change the centre diff up to 7K if the track is super grippy! You can spend all the time you want changing the set up, BUT the first thing I would change is going to 5k to 7k in the rear diff, Before you make any other set up changes!!!
mark-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:10 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to barty1989

underdrive rear diff gears work a treat in this car also. easy 2 drive hard and fast. just a 14t clutch bell required. also dont b afraid to go 10 - 15 in front and centre diffs + 5- 7 in the rear very stable easy 2 drive and fast. if ur throttle happy

Rc King Hobbies/ Sworkz/ Alpha Plus/ Aplus/ Ultimate Racing/ Meccamo/ Beta racing tyres
barty1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show871 View Post
Hey thanks for all the help everyone going to go out and try some things tomorrow, want to do things one at a time so I hope to have enough time

5k rear diff
steel flywheel
all green clutch springs
Throttle expo
+2mm rear hexes
softer rear shock oil
Play around with tires......I have been using Ibeams

After that.....mess around with center diff and swaybars this weekend!

I hope this flipn thing hooks!

Thanks.....871
Well I thought I would post what some of this stuff did for me at the track!

I have a new B5 with a 2013 pipe so it really made my car hard to drive precisely also, so I needed to chill that out too.

Throttle expo - chilled the throttle out, nice to take the sensitivity out of a really punchy lowend

Steel flywheel - smoothed the idle, took a little bite out of the low-mid

Green Black clutch setup - this helped it ALOT, chilled the motor out. made my lowend needle really sensitive, but took the bite out of the powerband down low

+2mm hexes - I cant BELIEVE the difference these made! Slightly more traction, slight push, but i went from tip-toeing around because my car was traction rolling a few tacky corners to being able to get super aggresive and just jamming

5k Rear diff - this was the biggest improvement! Man it worked great! It took a tiny bit of my turn in steering. I was hooked up so much I took off my fresh tires, and could run fairly bald tires on a loose track and still hook up decent!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Show871 is offline   Reply With Quote