Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Ask Aaron Waldron >

Ask Aaron Waldron

Ask Aaron Waldron

Old 10-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Aaron-

Feel free to help with the stock truck setup too!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

To be honest I just started running 19T for the JBRL. I also ran it at the reedy truck race. I only have experience with the Orion Element. I have run it with the stock endbell and the V2 endbell. I Ran sprint brushes with both endbells. I ran Red/Green polar springs on the stock endbell and I am running Med hard springs on the V2 endbell. I have not had a chance to really play a ton with tuning the motors though. I have just kind of been running it as suggested by Joe Pillars of Orion/Peak. I gear 19-20/86. HRH for the reedy I was geared at 20. I gear down a tooth for places like So Cal or Titus.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Casper-

Thanks for the info. Do you like the V2 endbell on the 19t? Most dirvers tell me that it lets you get 30 runs before a cut, but gives away a bit of power.

What have you seen?

Have you tried it with your stock?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

aaron, no more temp gun ads for you!

casper, you were at the reedy truck race? whats your name? i keep my eyes on RCCA for headlines!

as for air filters, i noticed a huge difference when i took the filter off my OS CVR and put on a motorsaver (i think, atleast it looked alot like it) with a trimmed losi pre filter (it worked REALLY REALLY well before we got new clay and it was all dusty) and i noticed a bit more umph.

aaron, i splashed some nitro on my receiver today and it died i took it apart and blew it out good, and after a while it started working again. from this point, what precautions should i take to make sure the nitro i got in there doesnt cause any lasting problems before i bag the receiver?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Todd-- I have not noticed much of a change in power one way or the other on the 19T. (to be honest my 19T is not all that great. It is not the Element's fault I have seen some balistic Elements) but I have an OK one. (downfall of machine wound motors! )

I did put the V2 endbell on a stock motor and all I can say is WOW. I am running sprint brushes with med springs. The motor is silly fast! Faster then the normal endbell. The brushes easily last 20+ runs but I still cut the motor about 5-10 runs. Just clean and reinstall the brushes. Overall I am pretty happy with the V2 endbells. I am looking forward for the SV2 mods to come out. This will be the new orion stock motor endbell and the cheap mod motors are only $16. I am going to get one just for the endbell. It will be cheaper then the $30+ for the alum enbell that will never be legal for stock racing.

Beetle-- I race under Casper. I did not make the show for 19T (mid pack B main) but I did put my gas truck in the show at the reedy so you can see my name there!
Old 10-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Don't rub it in..I was in the B(omber) mains in both of my classes at the Reedy Race this year..hahaha.

I know people have had good luck with the Reedy Quad Magnet and Trinity Chameleon motors as well..too bad they didn't have 19T races a year or two ago!

beetle - I haven't been in any tempgun ads..haha.

I'd be really gentle with WD-40 and compressed air to get rid of any fuel left in there, and then use a balloon.

todd - My famous stock truck setup is on here somewhere..I'll see if I can find it.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Aaron's Smokin' Stock Truck XXX-T MF1 setup:

Front:
35 wt. on 7's
Orange springs
Shocks 2 on tower, middle on arm
Ride height arms level
2-B link w/ two washers
.120 limiters with .9 shafts
-1/2 deg. camber, very slight toe-in

Rear:
30 wt. on 6's
Pink springs
Shocks 2 on tower, inside on arm
Ride height arms level (not bones)
2-A link, stock rear hubs, spaced middle
2 deg. anti-squat

Misc:
- Alum. dogbones and plastic outdrives
- Alum. topshaft
- Fury body
- Battery 1/2 inch back
- 357 servo
- Trinity front and rear pivot blocks, shock collars
- P2K2 geared at 18/86
- Trinity GP3300's
Old 10-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Aaron,

On the buggy, if I move the lower shock mount in-ward on the arm....does that give me more or less steering?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

It will make the front end feel more aggressive and give you more turn-in.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Aw

What Plug you run in that Siro, short or long, Im thinking Long am I correct

tia
Dave mac
Old 10-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

AW

Which Heder do you run?
Old 10-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Aaron,

Are you running the Novak GTX? If so, how do you mount the power capacitor to your chassis? I liked the feature of the GT7 that let you zip tie the capacitor directly to the speed control. Is that possible with the GTX?
Old 10-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by beetlebz
aaron, i splashed some nitro on my receiver today and it died i took it apart and blew it out good, and after a while it started working again. from this point, what precautions should i take to make sure the nitro i got in there doesnt cause any lasting problems before i bag the receiver?
Look for one of these RPM reciever boxes for your GT

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/assoc/chassis.htm

It is half way down the page.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Dave - Yes, use long plugs in the Sirio engine. I run the Losi hard anodized headers for both side and rear exhaust.

chasintrane - I have it servo-taped to the side of my ESC, so everything is all neat and together.

beetle - Some of the AE guys use the NTC3 receiver box as well.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

oh oh im definitely getting a receiver box, im just concerned about the nitro that i already got in there doing long term damage. that lil receiver is expensive :O

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.