R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 11:56 PM   #1126
Tech Elite

There's already a GT thread.

I'm talking about the washer on the rear axles, yes. The B4 and T4 use an axle spacer similar to this now and it achieves the same purpose.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #1127
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to beetlebz

i chatted for a couple hours with my LHS dude today, and we decided to dissect a XXXNT. i see what youre talking about now, with the washer and spacer to prevent binding. its actually a pretty clever setup. hes getting the washer and spacer in for me and we're going to hack at my car to get em to fit. should be an interesting experiment
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #1128
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to waterblast02

Hey Aaron,

Have you tried the new Palomar Track yet up in Fallbrook? Theres supposed to be a race in the middle of November.

Also I was reading that you worked in a Shop here in the area. May I ask which one?

Thanks
waterblast02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:58 PM   #1129
Tech Elite

waterblast02 - I work at Hobby People off of El Norte Parkway.

I haven't been to the Palomar track yet..although I mean to make a trip up there sometime soon.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:50 AM   #1130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Aaron,

OK, I'm wracking my brain here. I've gone through every tuning note and guide theory I have looking for a "blanket" / general answer to camber link locations on the car. Truck or buggy, gas or electric....it don't matter...So maybe you can help me.

What's the difference in changing the link on the tower side as opposed to changing the link on the arm side. And what about keeping the length the same and moving it "in" or "away" from the main chassis? I have an idea, but am curious if you have a more "blanket" statement.

Thanks!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:09 AM   #1131
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers
Default Things That make you go GRRRR!

Had I known that http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=180573 was in the works and this soon from debuing....there's no way I would have bought the first one! F-in grr! Aaron...where were you on this one!? I thought we were friends man!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:22 AM   #1132
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I do not like that they change the wheels for the truck since it was nice to be able to change from the electric to the gas but we will have to see. It looks like the beefed it up a bunch to make it indestructable! I am suprised we did not see this at the Reedy truck race or was I just not paying attention?
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:24 AM   #1133
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Aaron, I too just got a new AD truck. How much of the new truck will adapt to the old truck? Is there any certain parts that would help to upgrade the older truck without having to purchase the new truck?

Doug
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:32 AM   #1134
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Differential

I have a simple noob question. I read in a mag about one-way diffs. What's fundamentally different about a one-way diff than a regular diff?

Scenario 1:
On A and B sides of a transmission will a regular diff allows A to turn clockwise and B to turn counterclockwise?

Scenario 2:
Would that mean that A and B on a one-way diff would only allow A and B to turn one direction but at different rates of speed, somehow preventing them from counter-rotating as in Scenario 1?

In the mag they talked about people crashing into other people and their excuse was they had a one way diff. How does a one way diff affect driving/braking?

Thanks

edit: Many spelling corrections!
Rysuleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:03 AM   #1135
Tech Elite

mafia - I'm not sure there is a blanket statement that can cover that..haha. Have you asked Dirt on Techtalk?

I have a job to do..and part of that is not releasing information until they tell me to.

Casper - While that may be a bummer (I'm not sure if the final production axles allow you to use the old rims or not) it will be nice not having to worry about buying enough front and rear rims separately. You just have to buy "rims" period, and one set of inserts is all you'll need.

Gaut - The front arms and hubs are different, the rear arms, hubs, and dogbones are different, and there are a few changes here and there all over the truck.

I haven't totaled up the amount of $$ it will take to convert an old truck, but I assume it'll be like the BK and MFE (nearly $100 to convert to Ver. II).

Rysuleod - A one-way diff takes away front brakes..which is why people often blame their one-way for running into people.

One-ways take away the diffing action of the front tires, causing them to lock up on acceleration and give the car more on-power steering. A differential doesn't allow the inside and outside tires to turn different directions, but at different speeds. A one-way makes them turn at the same rate.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:27 AM   #1136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Aaron i think that saying it takes about 100.00 to convert a xxx or xxx t to the gen 2 is way off. if you go to the hobbyshop and buy all the nessesary parts just to make a complete trans, you will spend about 100.00. then you still need to buy driveshafts, f/r arms hubs ect. it takes almost 190.00 at the hobbyshop just for the rear conversion parts. i sell parts for the mf2 individually so i have priced this stuff out. just food for thought.
kvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:32 AM   #1137
Tech Elite

Wow..it's really that much?

$100 is the figure I have been hearing on the internet from people that have been thinking about doing it..for $190, you might as well buy a new kit!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #1138
Tech Regular

Aaron-Did your M-8 come with a external charge hole?On My new M-8 you have to take the cover off the radio[Where your batteries are] to get to the charge port on the bottom of the battery tray.

Last edited by Sofast-NT; 10-13-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #1139
Tech Elite

No, it didn't. You'd have to take the tray out to charge the battery, which is no big deal to me. I use Sanyo alkalines in my transmitter.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:09 PM   #1140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey Aaron, just read your mini bio on the first page. Hope your 2004 year is even better than your 03!! Good luck racin! Yeah I know it's almost over, just keep up the good work.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote