R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-27-2004, 03:20 AM   #571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Aaron,

If you're in sweeded....then I can understand why you're answering questions at 3 in the morning. Wait a minute...I'm up at 3 in the morning!....Pshhh....who needs sleep!
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:47 AM   #572
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've raced with Travis a couple times over there now. He's a good guy. He and I played around in the back of the pack in mod buggy last week.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:59 AM   #573
Tech Elite

Mafia - No no I'm still in California. I'm trying to get used to not knowing when I'm supposed to sleep...hahahaha

jkerr - I know a bunch of the guys down there from racing gas. They're good people. I might have to come down there and mop the floor hahahahaha
Old 07-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #574
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to DerekL

Aaron, quick question. My friend gave me a set of the new King Pin tires. I cant figure out where i would use them. Would they take place of the Taper Pins? I got them from Scott Brown, he races for Associated. He said, try em out, and i have no idea where.... let me know.... thanks..
DerekL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:33 PM   #575
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nitro kid
Lightbulb help

what all do i need to rebuild my differentials and tell me how to do it property
nitro kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:59 PM   #576
Tech Elite

nitro kid - I would replace the rings, balls, and thrust bearing. Your kit should have come with instructions on how to properly rebuild it..and everything will be fine if you follow the directions word for word.

Derek - They are aimed at any track where Pro-Line would use Holeshots. You can use them on Taper-Pins style tracks, as they will often last longer than Tapers. Ideally, any moist clay, or outdoor tracks with a light layer of dust or loam.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:28 PM   #577
Tech Elite

Default Big Tracks with Big jumps= Big Fun

Aaron,

I ran the track today for some practice. That 1-B up front is amazing! The car has a "diving" feeling to it when I go into the corner...it also is a very point and shoot feel. Good call with that one! My setup is perfect and I'm heading back out tomorrow to see if I can adjust the slipper and camber angles just to fine tune. The MHP was getting a bit warm with 82/19. I'm thinking I'll drop to an 18. Or maybe it could just be that it was very hot today. However....I wasn't "getting soft" so I'll see what happens.

-Thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:01 AM   #578
Tech Elite

Heat is the enemy but..with today's motors and batteries, there's no way to stop heat. When it is hot outside, you're going to have problems with heat, and that's all there is to it.

My biggest worry is that when it gets hot, your batteries may not charge completely. Keep them cool as much as possible (put them in a large, tough zip-lock bag and put them in your cooler. Also, use a fan to keep them cool while charging). Heat makes a motor run less efficiently, which can suck the power out of the battery as well, so keep your motor cool until it's time to hit the track.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:02 AM   #579
Tech Elite

Really!? Hmmm...interresting. I was always told that batteries actually run thier best when they are a little warm. But I'm always into new things....and especially keeping heat away from my stuff. I'll try that!

-Thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #580
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to DerekL

OK, cool, thx
DerekL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:17 PM   #581
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Bmx360Biker

Hey Aaron, I talk to you on aim earlier. I took your advice and am buying a MBX-R2. I am still new so I need help with two things. Since I am not buying RTR this buggy doesn't come with an engine or radio. I need some help picking the right equipment. What is a good engine for a MBX-R2 and what is a decent radio that I won't lighten my wallet too much? Thanks alot, you're alot of help and I enjoyed talkin about your racing, I want to see that Bubba scrub sometime :P
Bmx360Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:41 AM   #582
Tech Elite

What's up dude? I managed to answer your questions on the thread you made..so go ahead and check that.

Derek - No problem.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:37 PM   #583
Tech Regular

Hi Aaron, I've got a question regarding the battery tray in the xxx/xxxt. I have four packs of GP3300's - two built w/ the rainbow cells and two built w/ the green and yellow shorty cells. I've built all four packs w/ deans 3.0 probars. Will my packs fit in the tray or will they be too wide?? I really don't want to rebuild the packs w/ different bars as I hate putting a soldering iron directly on the cells.

Thanks for your input.
mwcet8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:48 PM   #584
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm not Aaron but are the cells you have the older, longer cells or the newer "shorty" cells. The positive side of the shorty's is flush with the can. I know the shorty's will fit with no problems. Even the one pack of longer cells I still use in practice is tight but it fits.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #585
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
I'm not Aaron but are the cells you have the older, longer cells or the newer "shorty" cells. The positive side of the shorty's is flush with the can. I know the shorty's will fit with no problems. Even the one pack of longer cells I still use in practice is tight but it fits.
The two packs made from rainbow cells are the longer cells - the positive tab just barely extends beyond the top of the cell. The packs made from the green and yellow cells are the shorties, so the positive tab is flush with the top of the cell.

Do you use the 3.0 Deans bars? That's actually what I'm worried about because those bars extend further away from the cells than most other bars.
mwcet8k is offline   Reply With Quote