Ask Aaron Waldron >

Ask Aaron Waldron

Ask Aaron Waldron

Old 06-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

I've check the price on Nitrohouse.

the PCR Pro kit is selling for $519.
Mugen MBX-5 is only $10 more at $529.

wouldn't it make more sense to get the Mugen, heard a better review and such with the mugen.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

I'm heading up to Hemet a day early for the RC Pro West Round 1 to practice with Adam.

I'll be back Sunday night. Wish me luck!
Old 06-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

The Monster Horsepower, P2K2, and Epic Roar Stock motor all have "Epic" stamped on the endbells and armatures. Two motors are Trinity and one is just Epic. Are two of these motors the same thing or are they three different motors? What's the difference between Trinity and Epic?

Have you come up with a good baseline setup for your MF2 yet? I've only run the stock setup so far and I know it needs some work for my particular track. There seems to be too much steering and not enough rear traction and I'm using the appropriate tires for my track. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tim
Old 06-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Aaron,
Gotta question- I know this should be asked in the engine thread but since the MT-12 came with my MST-1 I'll ask it here first because of you expertises.

On a scale of 1-10 lets say 1 is idle and 10 is full throttle

From 1-3: Engine is strong, exhibits plenty of torque even though I am running the LSN on the rich side and has a healthy exhaust note

From 4-6: Here is the problem: During this band the engine seems like it is running out of RPM and very little speed is increase within this band. Also the sound from the engine sounds unhealty

From 7-10 : Suddenly the exhaust note changes DRAMATICALY. here the engine sounds very good and a big burst of power thrusts the car to its max speed and rpm soars freely and quickly. Once again i set my HSN on the rich side.

Is this normal? I read that slide carbs focus more on low and high end power while rotary carbs puts the power in the middle power band, but i ran with plenty of other .12's and they are MUCH smoother. I wonder if i could make my engine run smoother and have a better transitions from low end torque to high rpm power. Any help would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Aaron,

youve got a PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

mafia - Got it!

Tim - Trinity owns EPIC. For years (until very recently) EPIC was used as the name of the company used to make the the armature blanks, cans, and endbells for motors that Trinity sold, as well as many other companies such as Fantom and Peak (before being bought by Orion and the invention of the TOP motors).

The EPIC ROAR Stock motor is a re-labeled Monster. The P2K2 uses a different armature blank to focus the power lower in the RPM range.

The stock setup for the MF2 is a good place to start for bumpy and loose tracks. I like this setup myself:

Front: 57, 35wt, buggy blue springs, .200 limiting, inside on tower and arm, 3-b with 2 washers, .050 on spindle, spindle down.

Rear: 55, 35wt, yellow, no limiters, outside on tower and arm, 1-a camber link, hubs in middle

techart - The only way to make a noticable change in the power curve of a two-stroke motor (without some serious engine work) is to change the exhaust system. I see you're using the NovaRossi Rex pipe..and that is more than likely the cause of the symptoms you're describing. Try the Associated pipe (more low end) or the Team Losi Adam Drake Edition pipe (more midrange) for more manageable and usable power.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yo Aaron! How did the RC Pro Series event go!? Nice and hot out there in the desert, I am sure!? I would have come out to scope the action, but I think it is almost 2 hours away from LA? I did run a little at So Cal on Saturday...
Old 06-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi there Aaron,
What options are there in oneway f/diffs for XXX4, any info would be great
Old 06-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

J - Man, you're killing me! You gotta start running more rut-rut bud. Are you going to the Hot Rod Shootout? I think I'm gonna try to run up there a little this weekend, and then I'll be up there from Tuesday night on for the race.

Adam nailed the holeshot and led the whole 45 minute main. I had some problems getting out of the starting gate cleanly, and had a hinge pin come loose about 7 minutes into the main..but I ended up 4th. The next RC Pro race is around the end of August up at Sun Valley, you should try to make that one!

dragster - Other than the stock diff, Losi offers a spool (which acts like a one-way, but offers front brakes) and a full one-way.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:38 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
J - Man, you're killing me!
Take two tylenols. You'll be fine.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

I've had six already today bud. Ready for two more.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:11 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
I've had six already today bud. Ready for two more.
Dude, H2O is your friend.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

After two gallons, does it lose its healing powers?
Old 06-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Filipow- Drop me an email. I'll send you some pics of the new crib (well, it's black right now with a roof and shingles, lol).

Dave Mac- PM me your phone number. Is Kannapolis running this Friday night? I need somewhere to break down the truck so I can take it to Pace's arse somewhere. If I have any missing pieces, I can give you a shout to see if you have them. Later.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Post help

Hi i have a bx buggy it came with a 81/23 is that good for a 19t motor and will it kill my batt fast are can i get like 9min out of it are what gear & pinion should i use

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.