R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #4171
Tech Elite

Man, slacking on my thread!

imaxx - That was too funny. I was hoping that he (I?) would win, so I could go to the restaurant here in LA and meet him. Oh well.

Jesse - Yes, I know Matt was the last one to win it. I was just proving a point. I don't think Carl has what it takes.

Jimmy - Glad to hear you're having fun! RC is a good distraction for a lot of people...there are certainly much less constructive ways to spend time and money. That's one reason why I think more kids should be involved.

joseph - I'm not totally sure what it's gonna take to get 20 minutes of run-time. MaxAmps has some large capacity 3S and 4S packs, that would be a good place to start looking.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #4172
Tech Rookie

hey Aaron. so i have a Tmaxx Classic and i can not tune this thing to save my life. would you know of a good tune up for it. like how many turns out on each the idol speed screw and the air mixture screw? because i am looking to sell it and i want to sell it in a good running condition. thanks. NIC
mgt nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:49 AM   #4173
Tech Rookie

Location: twentynine palms ,ca somewhere you will never see, even if you were coming here.

ok i have a Sportwerks Turmoil i am so lost on rebuilding the brakes on this thing i have gone throw three sets and have only put 1 1/2 gallons through it. i put the new brakes in and when the first tank was done nomore brakes. they stay bond up but i am not trying to use and drag brake on them. what am i doing wrong man please help.
99wolfsedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #4174
Tech Elite

mgt nic - I don't have that information handy, but you should be able to get the factory settings from Traxxas or by downloading the manual from the website.

wolfsedition - Try taking your center diff out and cleaning everything, and check to see that the brake calipers float freely. With the brake disc sandwiched in between the pads, there should be a 1mm gap between the head of the brake bolt and the outer pad for both the front and rear brakes. That should help prevent the brakes from dragging.

UPDATE: Check out www.rc-car.com for our first video...with more to come!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #4175
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

aaron, i am wondering what weight diff oil you use to hold up your trademark fauxhawk
chris arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #4176
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Aaron, what kind of buggy you driving now? I could of swore I saw you in a group photo with the Kyosho team, was I just seeing things?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #4177
Tech Elite

Chris - Actually, it's watered down tire glue. Sadly (or happily, depending on your perspective), the faux hawk has gone the way of the dodo. It was retired in favor of something a little more grown up...if not just as funny looking.

xlgraphicspro - You were seeing things, haha. If it's the picture I'm thinking of, it was with the Hot Bodies team after the Worlds in Charlotte. I've run a few different buggies this year, and don't intend to stick with a specific car for any amount of time. One of the perks of working at the magazine is the freedom to run whatever car I want! Just this year, I've run the Associated RC8, Xray 808, and Hot Bodies D8.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #4178
Tech Fanatic

Default eb bridges trinity split

hey aaron: Is it true that eb bridges has split from trinity and is back on his owne again? If it's true then do we know what realy happened here? Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #4179
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Aaron,

How do you go so fast?

love,
Travis
215slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #4180
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to lilskarv
Questions?? Steering-Throttle Problems

I have an RC10GT and the servos were cutting in and out when I was driving it. The batteries were fine, so I don't know if it's the servo(4-years-old) or the crystals.
lilskarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #4181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron View Post
Chris - Actually, it's watered down tire glue. Sadly (or happily, depending on your perspective), the faux hawk has gone the way of the dodo. It was retired in favor of something a little more grown up...if not just as funny looking.

xlgraphicspro - You were seeing things, haha. If it's the picture I'm thinking of, it was with the Hot Bodies team after the Worlds in Charlotte. I've run a few different buggies this year, and don't intend to stick with a specific car for any amount of time. One of the perks of working at the magazine is the freedom to run whatever car I want! Just this year, I've run the Associated RC8, Xray 808, and Hot Bodies D8.
der, your right, it was with the hotbodies team! So, of the buggies you have run, which one do you lean towards more? Meaning which one stuck in your mind as a solid performer above the rest? and now that you have raced a few cars different than the losi, what do you think about the losi Now?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #4182
Tech Elite

b-man - I don't know...I stay out of industry politics.

Travis - That made me laugh...especially the "love" part.

I don't go fast, I just wait for you to crash/get crashed into.

lilskarv - Unfortunately, there's really no special way to diagnose electronics issues without swapping out one component at a time until you fix it. If both servos are having problems, there's a good chance that it's receiver or transmitter related...but stranger things have happened.

xlgraphics - My opinions of each car are included in their respective reviews in RC Car magazine :-)

The cars I've reviewed have all had their strong and weak points, compared to each other as well as my old Losi buggies. I still maintain that the 8IGHT, in patient hands, is capable of very fast laps. But there are other buggies that are capable of cranking out quick times also.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #4183
Tech Adept

Dear Slash King,

I'm now paying a certain 5 year old kid $5 a hit. You are warned.

C
Czolgosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #4184
Tech Elite

Hahaha! I just burst out laughing in my office.

Thanks Chuck!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #4185
Tech Fanatic

hey Aaron: I don't blame ya for not touching that one,but thanks for the reply anyways?
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote