Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Aaron what do you think of the DX3r spek radio. I saw a pic of you racing with one somewhere.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

mgt nic - Check your instruction manual, or call Associated and they should be able to get you that info.

underway - I really like it. The menu navigation is awesome, I haven't had any problems glitching or losing signal, and the radio is light and comfortable. I did a full review of the DX3R in the May issue of RC Car, check it out!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

hey aaron so i got the needle settings. but when i was looking at my revo today i tried pulling the pullstart and it had a lot more resistance. so i think the other motor does not have compression. to fix this do i just replace the brass ring under the cylinder head?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, no. To get more compression, you will have to replace the piston and sleeve, and it's usually best to replace the rod as well. For an entry level engine (like those that come in RTR's) it's often best just to get a new engine.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Hi Aaron,

Other than needle settings, where do people head to first when it comes to troubleshooting an engine? Head shimming, glow plug rating, carb restrictors? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Make sure the glow plug lights up, the engine is getting fuel, and there is compression. All three are necessary for the engine to run.

1) Take the plug out, and pop it into the igniter. You should see the coils glow red. If not, replace it.

2) Look for fuel in the fuel lines. Try to start the engine a few times, then pull the high speed needle completely out of the carb. If it's dry, the engine isn't getting fuel. Check for air leaks in the tank, lines, and carb. Richen the high speed needle, make sure the idle and low speed needle are set correctly.

3) With the glow plug in, try to turn the engine over by hand. It should take some effort. If not, the engine is worn out. Note that "pinch" (how tight the piston fits into the sleeve) is not the same as compression. You could, theoretically, have a square piston in a round sleeve and have tons of "pinch", but zero compression.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Hey buddy

Aaron Waldron, Lynn Waldron, two class acts always a blast to run with you guys sure do miss the perris days how are you and pops doing? ive been running an eight for about 5 weeks now, man 4 wheel buggy sure is fun! say hi to pops for me bud take care Jimmy P.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

I got a question for Aaron Waldron, not too sure if he will be able to answer it or not, but how does it feel to be a Jeff Gordon fan and for him not to have a single win throughout the past 8 races so far?

when will you see the light and become a Roush fan?

Last edited by Jesse; 04-16-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default LST

lookin at couple used lst's. Guess I would like to know the difference in the lst and the lst2? I see some guys are converting lst 1's to lst 2's what do they change? after the change are they equal? what about the chassis length, are they the same. thanks ,Tom
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newbie2
lookin at couple used lst's. Guess I would like to know the difference in the lst and the lst2? I see some guys are converting lst 1's to lst 2's what do they change? after the change are they equal? what about the chassis length, are they the same. thanks ,Tom
Tom, get a lst2 if you're looking for one of the two. The lst2 is fast, the lst falls apart fast.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Jimmy P - What up dude? I'm working for RC Car and living up by Hot Rod now. Things are going really well, I'm back in school and enjoying my job.

Glad to hear you're back in it. Racing at Revelation?

Jesse - When was the last time Roush won the Cup?

It's still early in the season. But go ahead and count your chickens now, if you'd like. I'll never be a Roush fan, ever.

newbie - The LST2 addressed a lot durability issues that the original LST had. As for dimensions or anything I'm not too sure. If you're going to get one or the other, try to get an LST2.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice job on Hells Kitchen the other nite, A....
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

LOL i watched hell's kitchen, fun stuff lol

Aaron, the last roush individual to win the cup was Matt, but im bettin Couso will win it this year fo sho! well at the very least i hope....
Old 04-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/8 scale

yup been racing at revs for sure! glad things are going well for you,yeah running buggy is so much fun,almost had podium at the JBRL got forth in front of the kingster,im just not up to the pace Adam and Truhe are at, but im going to get there soon,still trying to dial in the eight,every time i open up the rear diff case its leaking,but i will figure it out soon!Im determined, i know i can run with those guys, i just need more time but im in it for good this time RC for life! ive realized racing keeps me out of trouble!Take care bra and let me know when your going to run again!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Aaron
I am converting one of my MBX5Rs to electric with Novaks conversion kit and the Novak 550 7.5 brushless motor and ESC and I am wondering what batteries to run. Is there a battery pack that will run one of these for a 20 minute final.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.