Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Ask Aaron Waldron >

Ask Aaron Waldron

Ask Aaron Waldron

Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Don - I did my best!

Bobby - Man, that's rough. Hope you find something you like and will work for you!

Jon - Sorry I missed you at Rev on Saturday....

kmaheartless - It's a feel thing more than a mathematical measurement. I think that many racers would do better to run more front brake with the 8IGHT than most other buggies, because the Losi buggy already turns quite well. Front brake will make the car stop much faster and be easier to drive, as long as you are careful to let off the brakes once you begin turning.

air8 - I'm very happy with how the week turned out. I didn't have the best luck, so to finish in the top 25 against that competition was great!

rusty - Yup! I'll see "ya'll" in North Carolina next year! Haha.

indaway - HAHA! That was too funny. It was great meeting you and hope we'll see you soon.

Cody - The go-kart track was WAY more fun than watching the rain. Those karts weren't messing around!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OK Aaron. We might as well get the "I told you so" out of the way so I don't have to hear it ALL day long next time we're at the track. I drove Donny's car at Revelation for one tank. I now have an order into A Main Hobbies and there's Losi buggy on it. OK I'm ready for it. Let's hear it.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default fuel line

Aaron, I am trying to get some replacment fuel line for the 8ight and can't find it anywere. Can you give me a part # please?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

sracer - A-9315

Jon - I won't rub it in. I'm just VERY relieved that you were able to recover from your ridiculous denial without extensive therapy.

With that said, you are still going to hear "I told you so" ALL DAY the next time I see you.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kmaheartless
Hello

I am trying to setup my break bias of my 8ight - B to 35% front and 65% back as recommended by XRC magazine. However, I do not know how to do it and where to start changing the settings. I am new, so please help me!

Thanks!
I never understood this approach and have found that it just doesn't work for me. I set my bias so that neither the front nor the rear wheels lock up completely. Since upon braking the weight transfers to the front the front brakes do the vast majority of the work-this is true an all vehicles. So why would one want a disproportionate amount of braking in the rear? That just makes the rear spin around in my experience. Am I missing something?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Locking up the front just makes the car push into the corner. Locking up the rear allows the rear to rotate. Too much front brake in my experience takes away too much turn int and make it hard to get the car to rotate. If you brake before the corner like you are supposed to and let the car roll through the corner then this should not be an issue. A lot of this depends on driving style and preference.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

1.I have been considering getting a cheap offroad nitro vehicle.Are there any good ones that are durable,yet easy to tune? 2.If I get one,it will come with 1-2 hours of labor on the vehicle. What would I want to do with it in that timeframe? 3.What are good fuel brands? 4.I have been told by the guys at Big Boy Toys that you cannot drift with these machines. Is there any way to get around that? 5.What accessories or spare parts would I need to start???
Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Aaron,

How often do you change break disks?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Are you just looking for a nitro drift car or something to run offroad and maybe do some drifting with?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

What kind of dirt was for the Nat's track. Conditions? Did your previous testing changes from Revelation stay on the car for the Nat's.

Anyway's, good job again. Your my HERO.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

I take full responsibilty of converting Jon to running a Losi 8.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Offroad and maybe try to do a little drifting if I can.

Any tips on how to drift whatever it is you reccomend me to get????
Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Cody - The go-kart track was WAY more fun than watching the rain. Those karts weren't messing around!
I saw the video on NeoBuggy but you can't really tell who's all driving with their helmets on? Who was the king of the karts?

Oh yeah got to Canada safely, we caught each flight we were planning on catching.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Aaron, are you testing the new Losi lipo receiver pack? I was wondering if you can use the flat battery cover and still fit a regulator.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Aaron again congrats on the nationals. it looked as though you and Ruona were having as good battle. that does also qualify you for the worlds right? how awesome would a B main or better be at the worlds?

yes the whole radio deal is bugging me. after i finally peeled away fromt he laptop saturday and got to the Pit it was about 10 minutes before the start. also i forgot to pack up my tools from wrenching on my cars all week, but it was just a club race. so i brought a screw driver for tuning,radio,fueland bottle,glow ignitor,starter box, and my car. then blew out my tires in the five minutes i ran the car before the start. so on borrowed tires i qualed straight in the A and ran really well, podium. first for me in 1/8. but there were a lot fo or regulars missing though. but my times were there to compete with them. plus getting car figured out and really like it.
what do you think on the new spektrum radio due out next month? and what if any dealing with KO do you have. i know it is a very good radio. but as i said with the dealing with them on a servo im worried if i ever needed maintenance on it. but i could get that one now and then send off my M11. also since the day it didnt work i have used the charge port two more times as it is the only way i have to charge the lipo, and no isssues what so ever. it just sits there mocking me, having cost me a points round race day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.